Author Topic: uCurrent Help!  (Read 2180 times)

Offline notorTopic starter

uCurrent Help!
« on: March 23, 2013, 12:04:08 am »
Hi everyone. I searched the forum but couldn't find out how to use my uCurrent. Can't find any information on the internet either. I'm a noob. :(

I'm trying to measure my arduino's power consumption when it's sleeping. How do I set this up? Is the uCurrent even necessary?

Anyone care to walk me through this? I don't want to break it. :(

alm

Re: uCurrent Help!
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2013, 12:17:27 pm »
I'm sure Dave showed this in an early video, and he also published the article describing the uCurrent on his website. Connect the voltage output jacks to a DMM in mV DC mode. Set the bottom switch to 1 mV/mA. Set the top switch to ON & BATT CHECK, and if the BATT OK LED lights (battery OK), set it to ON. Connect leads from the current input binding posts in series with the positive lead of the power supply to the Arduino. If it is fed from USB, this might require lifting a part on the PCB to interrupt the circuit. Make sure the positive terminal is closer to the power source, and the negative terminal is closer to the Arduino, otherwise you will get negative current values. The current has to come from a power source, via the positive terminal of the uCurrent, to the negative input terminal, and to the Arduino. Just like you would connect a DMM to measure current (I'm sure there are tons of instructions on how to do this).

Turn on the Arduino. If the meter reads below 1 mV, set the switch to 1 mV / uA. If it is still below 1 mV, set to 1 mV / nA. You can now read the current from the DMM display.

Offline notorTopic starter

Re: uCurrent Help!
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2013, 04:32:22 pm »
Thank you sir!

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf