Author Topic: Use Peltier to heating  (Read 1074 times)

Offline JasonbitTopic starter

• Regular Contributor
Use Peltier to heating
« on: October 21, 2018, 11:52:08 pm »
Hello folks,

I intend use Thermoelectric Cooler (Peltier) to heating a piece of copper (process PCB). I am reading this datasheet: http://peltiermodules.com/peltier.datasheet/TEC1-12706.pdf
In last page it is possible read this information: Max. Operating Temperature:  138ºC. This means which I can operate my Peltier without cooler provided that the temperature does not exceed 138ºC, right!?

Thanks

Offline Feliciano

• Regular Contributor
Re: Use Peltier to heating
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2018, 01:06:57 am »
You know, I'd think of a Peltier panel as a heat transfer device (with some % of efficiency) instead of a heating device. Wouldn't it be easier to use a ceramic resistor (or a transistor) attached to a heatsink? If you also attach a thermistor you can create a closed loop control circuit as well.

Offline JasonbitTopic starter

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2018, 01:14:00 am »
You know, I'd think of a Peltier panel as a heat transfer device (with some % of efficiency) instead of a heating device. Wouldn't it be easier to use a ceramic resistor (or a transistor) attached to a heatsink? If you also attach a thermistor you can create a closed loop control circuit as well.

Yes, this is the best definition "Heat transfer Device"! Thanks
The goal is use the face hot of the peltier to warm the PCB cooper.  According to what I've been reading on the internet I can use a simple PTC Sensor to create a closed circuit through PID control the temperature of the system.

I will search about use ceramic resistor as a heat transfer device.

Thanks

Offline IanB

• Super Contributor
« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2018, 02:15:00 am »
I will search about use ceramic resistor as a heat transfer device.

A resistor is not a heat transfer device, it is a heat source...

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf