Author Topic: Vehicle Back-up Sensors  (Read 913 times)

Offline Falcon69Topic starter

• Super Contributor
Vehicle Back-up Sensors
« on: January 16, 2018, 04:27:20 am »
Hi Guys.

For the last few months I have been working on a design for some new bumpers for my truck.

But, I've run into a problem.

The factory rear back-up sensors are not going to work. Does anyone here know anything about them? Are they all pretty much the same? 

What I need is some that mount flat and flush, unlike the factory ones that mount into a plastic piece, and are angle to fit the factory bumpers. There are plenty on eBay, but I don't want to purchase until I know if they fit or not.

Here's a pic of the rear bumper design. The truck is a 2007 Ford F250 Super Duty Diesel.  I know this isn't an automotive forum, but this is electronic related.

Thanks in advance if you can answer this. Post some links of ones on eBay you think may work just fine.  Thanks!

Offline mc

• Regular Contributor
Re: Vehicle Back-up Sensors
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2018, 11:49:31 am »
They all typically work on the same principle, but I've got no idea on interchangeability, and it's not the kind of information that's likely to be publically available.

Unless you're willing to experiment, butchering the existing ones to fit the new bumper would probably be the most reliable option.

Offline Falcon69Topic starter

• Super Contributor
Re: Vehicle Back-up Sensors
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2018, 12:56:46 am »
I'll try ordering one, with a flush mount retainer, and see if it can operate on my truck. If not, I guess I'll have to try and see if I can modify my factory retainer clips for the sensors to make them flush mount.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf