Author Topic: VI vs Time battery curves to show remaining power left under the curves  (Read 1429 times)

Offline ez24Topic starter

• Super Contributor
  • L.D.A.
I asked this question on a very long post (somewhere around 62 pages) and found out that I linked in the YT wrong.  Just FYI when you link in a video, it links in at the spot where you are watching (sometimes).  So I linked in after my story and did not get any answers.  So here is a new post with the correct link.

I want to know is there any truth to the VI vs Time graph that he draws, ie is there power under the combined curves?  I have a hard time believing he could be lying when he is starting a company and posting it on YT.  I know people exaggerate but this ?

I do see there are more thumbs down than up, and this is the first video I found like this.

Well anyway the part I am interested in runs only a couple of minutes

I have seen graphs where one vertical scale on one side and another is on the other side.  He did not show that it should be on the right side.

https://youtu.be/622uCZ_pE0w?t=496

This is only about the curve not the Batterizer for more info about that see :

https://www.eevblog.com/forum/blog/eevblog-751-how-to-debunk-a-product-%28the-batteriser%29/

currently at 71 pages

So PLEASE no discussion of the Batterizer, just the VI vs Time curves from the video.  Is it right or wrong?

thanks
YouTube and Website Electronic Resources ------>  https://www.eevblog.com/forum/other-blog-specific/a/msg1341166/#msg1341166

Offline Delta

• Super Contributor
Re: VI vs Time battery curves to show remaining power left under the curves
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2015, 09:23:25 pm »
Wrong.

Offline Chris C

• Frequent Contributor
Re: VI vs Time battery curves to show remaining power left under the curves
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2015, 10:07:23 pm »
First, the graph is horrendously off scale, in an intentionally misleading way.  He draws a vertical line in the middle, like this:

|--|--|

To represent where a battery would drop below nominal voltage and become useless.  Had the graph been to scale, it would have been about here:

|------------------------------------|--|

Better yet, here's a REAL discharge curve under various constant current loads:

There is very little usable energy left in the battery once voltage starts to drop below nominal, which it does rapidly.

I have not looked at the Batterizer, but presumably, it uses a voltage boost circuit to provide nominal voltage (V) anyway.  But if your device needs 100mA at V, and the battery is at 1/2 V, that means the Batterizer is going to be draining 200mA from the battery!  And the battery voltage is going to drop off even faster than in the graph above.

So that's the second error in the YT graph, claiming the current drain on the battery will remain constant, even when the battery voltage drops below nominal.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2015, 10:11:08 pm by Chris C »

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf