Author Topic: Vici VC99 have I partially fried it or the main dial?  (Read 1445 times)

Offline lordvader88Topic starter

• Frequent Contributor
  • !
Vici VC99 have I partially fried it or the main dial?
« on: May 27, 2017, 12:12:13 am »
Its 1 of those low end but decent DMM, there's a few clones like Vichy VC99, using the FS9922-DMM4 , with very little input protections

A few too many times I know I applied voltage when still resistance setting for instance. When I'm turning through the dial settings it seems to easily get stuck on the LCD and lit up the wrong things sometimes as it turns through the dial.

If it lands on the right setting, they all seem to work as far as I can tell, and to what seems the normal accuracy/readings.

I've had it apart a few times, maybe I have the dial too tight or loose/etc?

This happened back in Feb, and I've barely been using it since, so IDK. But when it works, it seems fine. But when it gets stuck changing between settings, I have to turn it off it reset it
« Last Edit: May 27, 2017, 12:55:18 am by lordvader88 »

Offline sleemanj

• Super Contributor
  • Professional tightwad.
    • The electronics hobby components I sell.
Re: Vici VC99 have I partially fried it or the main dial?
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2017, 12:56:25 am »
Clean the dial contacts, reassemble, ensure that you use all the screws to reassemble, don't leave any out accidentally, including the case screws.

Leaving out a screw can indeed easily cause dial range weirdness (I speak from experience).
~~~
EEVBlog Members - get yourself 10% discount off all my electronic components for sale just use the Buy Direct links and use Coupon Code "eevblog" during checkout.  Shipping from New Zealand, international orders welcome :-)

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf