Author Topic: View how many times a link is clicked at?  (Read 1817 times)

Offline electroluxTopic starter

• Regular Contributor
    • Photography
View how many times a link is clicked at?
« on: May 06, 2014, 09:04:07 am »
When you add a link of you website to the bottom of every post is there any way to view how many people clicked on it.
The funniest thing about this signature is that by the time you realize it doesn't say anything its too late to stop reading it.

Offline keithu

• Contributor
Re: View how many times a link is clicked at?
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2014, 09:24:01 am »
Instead of adding a direct link to your website you could add a shortened one created at http://goo.gl/

That would give you a click count.

Online mariush

• Super Contributor
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2014, 06:55:56 pm »
You can use a service like Google Analytics, you add it in the footer of every page of your website and it will keep track which pages are accessed, what links people click to leave your website and so on.
Alternatively, write a small php script that tracks the clicks in a database. For example, create a table with 3 columns : unique url id, click count, url ... optionally you can also add the logged in user id or the ip of the user.
Add the url in the table and it will get a unique ID, for example 12345. Then, instead of writing the url in the post, simply say  yourwebsite.com / yourscript.php?link=12345  or  yourwebsite.com/redirect/12345  (a configuration setting in apache will change redirect/12345 to yourscript.php?link=12345, see mod_rewrite for example)
When user clicks on link, script loads, retrieves the url from table, increments the count and then redirect user to that url.

Offline tszaboo

• Super Contributor
  • Current job: ATEX product design
« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2014, 07:59:41 pm »
I have a wordpress site, and I can tell where the traffic came from or what search engine term lead to my site. This month two times someone searched for "rm-8 ???????" before coming to my site.  :-//
Google analytics also helps. You need to put code in the html file, or plugins can do this for you.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf