Author Topic: What is this thing?  (Read 2032 times)

Offline antlordTopic starter

What is this thing?
« on: September 11, 2013, 02:55:06 pm »
Hi, complete beginner here. Wasn't sure where to post this, but does anyone know what this thing is?

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B96ZKoQO2CBjYnRaakZqQ2pLejQ/edit

Can't find any datasheet, only some schematics on a paid site that I can't view. Yanked it out of an old cassette for fun.

Thanks.

Offline Kjelt

• Super Contributor
Re: What is this thing?
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2013, 03:06:19 pm »
Yanked it out a KXW-S70 ? Looks like another custom Yamaha chip, who knows, might be a microcontroller with special peripherals?

Offline Kjelt

• Super Contributor
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2013, 03:19:29 pm »
Ok you can download the service manual here: http://www.owner-manuals.com/KXWS70-service-manual-YAMAHA.html
And in it you can find that the XL987B00 is in fact a LC65204A-4B83 a microcontroller and you can see it is a 4 bit yes no typo microcontroller and its pinout. Not sure what you want to do with it but there it is.

Offline antlordTopic starter

« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2013, 03:24:26 pm »
Wow, many thanks. I'm also unsure of what to do with it, to be honest.

Offline Kjelt

• Super Contributor
« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2013, 03:29:34 pm »
Well it is not gonna be easy to find a compiler or other tools for this old microcontroller. Chances are that this micro was programmed directly in assembli, probably OTP so can not be erased. So unless you know someone with a defective KXW-S70 or like to hang it on the wall for decorative purposes I can't think of anything to do with it. But nice to see this old kind of elektronics pop up  :-+

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf