Author Topic: Where did all VFDs go?  (Read 8905 times)

Offline bitseeker

• Super Contributor
  • Lots of engineer-tweakable parts inside!
Re: Where did all VFDs go?
« Reply #25 on: June 08, 2016, 12:45:06 am »
2x40? That's a good deal. I have several 2x20 that cost about that much.
TEA is the way. | TEA Time channel

Offline Kjelt

• Super Contributor
« Reply #26 on: June 08, 2016, 09:23:29 am »
I bought some of these http://www.ebay.com/itm/221946221520 and they are nice. They just fit (width) into a half rack width case. Only issue is the need for a >=16 VAC (>= 20 VDC) supply in addition to 5 V. This can be solved with a $1 ebay boost converter. They have a ribbon cable attached but the unpopulated 18 pin header is equivalent. They are compatible with HD44780 protocol.
Very nice, but in my case the shippingcosts is 6 times the itemcosts and they add this to every item, rediculous.

Offline macboy

• Super Contributor
« Reply #27 on: June 08, 2016, 04:41:17 pm »
I bought some of these http://www.ebay.com/itm/221946221520 and they are nice. They just fit (width) into a half rack width case. Only issue is the need for a >=16 VAC (>= 20 VDC) supply in addition to 5 V. This can be solved with a $1 ebay boost converter. They have a ribbon cable attached but the unpopulated 18 pin header is equivalent. They are compatible with HD44780 protocol.
Very nice, but in my case the shippingcosts is 6 times the itemcosts and they add this to every item, rediculous.
Yes, their international shipping cost is insane. I had the same issue in Canada. I was driving to the USA to pick up another package anyway, so I had it shipped to that USA address at very low cost. You might contact the seller and ask them to do an off-ebay deal with reasonable shipping cost, or at least ask them to fix the multiple item shipping cost.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf