Author Topic: Delete Delete Delete  (Read 14900 times)

Offline The_Almighty_Bacon_LordTopic starter

• Contributor
  • !
Delete Delete Delete
« on: March 25, 2016, 01:29:40 am »
Delete Delete Delete
« Last Edit: August 16, 2020, 06:44:22 pm by The_Almighty_Bacon_Lord »

Offline mmagin

• Frequent Contributor
Re: Which fuse for my MultiMeter?
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2016, 01:31:38 am »
No, you blew the 10 amp fuse.  And you have to replace it with a fast blow one rated 250V and which is capable of interrupting 750A, if you want to maintain the safety of the meter.

Offline mmagin

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2016, 02:03:04 am »
Well, the rating on the voltage range is a separate matter from the current measurement range.
I think the proper fuse is probably going to be ceramic, the cheapest I could find with those specs on digikey is:
https://www.digikey.com/product-detail/en/littelfuse-inc/0314010.MXP/F4828-ND/778339

Do note what dimension the original is, there are a few sizes of cartridge fuses you might encounter.

Offline retiredcaps

• Super Contributor
« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2016, 06:46:36 am »
When I remove the fuse, the multimeter doesn't work at all.
Most modern multimeters do NOT need a working fuse in order to turn on.  The fuses are usually only required to measure current.  You can still measure voltage and resistance without any fuses inside your meter.

"500mA 250V FAST MIN ICR 1500A
10a 250V FAST MIN ICR 750A"
Your local Canadian tire carries the 500mA fuse for $1.99 (pack of 3).

http://www.canadiantire.ca/en/pdp/mastercraft-ceramic-fuses-for-multimate-5x20-0520731p.html

Your local Canadian might carry the 10A as well, but the description below is not specific.

http://www.canadiantire.ca/en/pdp/mastercraft-ceramic-fuses-for-multimate-6-3x32-0520734p.html

Offline Jeroen3

• Super Contributor
  • Embedded Engineer
    • jeroen3.nl
« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2016, 07:22:24 pm »
You will need ceramic fast high rupture capacity fuses for YOUR safety. Not glass grenade fuses.

Remember YOUR safety.

Lazy link to the fun part.

Offline XOIIO

• Super Contributor
« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2016, 10:49:53 pm »
I'd be surprised if canadian tire has the fuses, the meters go on sale so often I just bought a second one when I couldn't find any fuses for the damn thing anywhere. Decent enough meter though.

And fuses are rated in milliamps, not milliamp hours (ma vs mah)

Offline retiredcaps

• Super Contributor
« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2016, 03:34:40 am »
I'd be surprised if canadian tire has the fuses
I have seen the fuses there before in person.  Whether your local store has stock is another question.

Canadian Tire also sells very crappy replacement multimeter probes/leads in the $2.99 to $4.99 range.  At any price, they are terrible quality.

Offline XOIIO

• Super Contributor
« Reply #7 on: March 27, 2016, 07:29:40 am »
I'd be surprised if canadian tire has the fuses
I have seen the fuses there before in person.  Whether your local store has stock is another question.

Canadian Tire also sells very crappy replacement multimeter probes/leads in the $2.99 to $4.99 range.  At any price, they are terrible quality.

Wow, sounds like ours is just especially shitty. Unfortunately around here they were pretty much the only game in town except for fluke, which I A) didn't know about at the time and b) sure as shit couldn't afford when I was 12 lol

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf