Author Topic: Which multimeter: UT61E or the UT139C ? Or clamp: UT210E? Or smth. combined?  (Read 8646 times)

Offline CyberCrashTopic starter

HI guys,
christmas is comming up and my familiy is asking about which presets to get me.

I am very active with multicopters, chargers and arduino. I want an accurate multimeter, but also a clamp meter which can show me AC/DC currents of my projects but goes up to 100A (for other projects in the future.). I need at least 6000 counts to calibrate my charger if I need to (4,200V)

It's a great forum, and I've spent the last days reading trough many posts. I've learned enough to know the UT61E is very accurate and got a great range of 22000 counts. I know the input is weak, but I won't need it to measure more than 220V AC.
I also found the UT139C, which is more modern + backlight. Less accurate and just 6000 counts, but that would be okay. Still, it's not as accurate at 0,5% +2 vs 0,1% + 5 (UT61E).

As a clamp meter I like the UT210E, because it goes down to 1mA, which is important for my electronics stuff, but also goes up to 100A. Awesome. Only downside: 2000 counts.

Is there a multi-clamp-meter, which combines all features in one model?

If I were to buy the UT61E + UT210E right now, maybe there is one model at the price of both combined.

I hope you guys can help me.
Thanks.
« Last Edit: October 31, 2015, 01:44:58 pm by CyberCrash »

Offline tec5c

• Frequent Contributor
You mean a multimeter that has >=6k count and can handle up to 100A? Afraid not...

There are plenty of clamp meters out there that suite what you're looking for. It just depends on if you're on Santa's naughty or nice list for this year  :-DD

Offline Kalvin

• Super Contributor
  • Embedded SW/HW.
The UT210E might be very handy for measuring the battery and circuit currents as it can be done without disturbing and/or disconnecting the wiring. The 61E would be a nice companion for it for precise measurements.

Hey guys,
thanks for your replies.

You seem to know your stuff, so thanks for sharing the DIY High Current Method. Looks cool but needs a circuit to be cut open.

So, in the end I guess UT61E + UT210E is what you guys recommend.

PS: I hope my girlfriend likes me to be on the nice list ....  >:D

Offline Lightages

• Supporter
  • Canadian po
I would not normally recommend the UT61E but you are in Germany. The GS version has proper input protection and should be safe. It is a pretty good deal with all the features it has and the PC connection. Just know that many people have reported accuracy drift.

The UT210E seems to be the biggest bang for the buck right now in a clamp meter and I think that it will make you happy too.

Thanks Lightages.

Yes, I'm in Germany. I've heard the UT61E in Germany seems to have better input protection, but it costs way more than the chinese version. (50€ (China) vs 85€ (Germany).

What is this "GS" - version you've mentioned?

Offline Lightages

• Supporter
  • Canadian po
GS is the authority who approves electrical equipment in Germany, as far as I understand. Yes it costs more, but I think it worth the extra cost.

Offline rickselectricalprojects

• Regular Contributor
i would go with the UT61E and the UT210E.

Offline daybyter

• Frequent Contributor
If you need the accuracy, I would go with the 61e, otherwise with the 139c. And I would wait with the clamp meter until you actually need it.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf