Author Topic: Why My Washing Machine Flips CBP?  (Read 19728 times)

Offline ipman

• Regular Contributor
Re: Why My Washing Machine Flips CBP?
« Reply #25 on: January 03, 2012, 12:11:00 pm »
There's nothing dangerous apart from charged capacitors. But they just discharge if you leave it disconnected for half an hour to be sure.
Wife hates words like Fluke, Ersa ...

Offline Boris_yoTopic starter

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #26 on: January 03, 2012, 01:36:32 pm »
Here is a better detail of rust in between door and panel:

Should i investigate more or just take care of it for aesthetic purposes?

Offline IanB

• Super Contributor
« Reply #27 on: January 03, 2012, 02:46:48 pm »
It's just rust. The woman of the house would normally insist it be thrown out and replaced by a new one.

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #28 on: January 03, 2012, 03:43:35 pm »
It's just rust. The woman of the house would normally insist it be thrown out and replaced by a new one.

Well there is a trade-in option worth of $130 in case i buy from that company new washing machine for $615... I could trade-in while my washing machine still works, otherwise i could carry on with removing rust and spraying it. I think 5 years is considered a good amount of time for INDESIT...

Offline RJSC

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #29 on: January 03, 2012, 09:58:15 pm »
If i remove old cable from washing machine, how will i be able to know where to attach N,L,G in a new cable in machine?

Well, if you lived on most of Europe (like in Portugal, Spain, Germany, etc) you would only need to care about where to connect the Earth/Ground wire which is the one that connects to the metal cover, since the plugs here are not polarized (they can be inserted either way).
To bad almost everyone in continental Europe decided to use the unpolarized German plug.
However the French were half smart and added ground pin on the front of the socket to make it polarized. They should have put the pin on the plug to have the socket flat, with 3 holes.

German plug:

French plug:

Offline ipman

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #30 on: January 04, 2012, 07:20:28 am »
Indesit is not a low-end brand, so I would expect to last longer.
Rust is not good, and will not stop until it will corrode the entire panel. If you intend to keep it for a while, clean the rust, coat it with anti-rust primer and then paint over. A car paint shop can do that, altough not very cheap.

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #31 on: January 04, 2012, 09:15:45 am »
Indesit is not a low-end brand, so I would expect to last longer.
Rust is not good, and will not stop until it will corrode the entire panel. If you intend to keep it for a while, clean the rust, coat it with anti-rust primer and then paint over. A car paint shop can do that, altough not very cheap.

And you forgot to add that i will have to order transportation service to the garage. But since i have paint already, i only need to buy anti-rust solution.

Offline G7PSK

• Super Contributor
  • It is hot until proved not.
« Reply #32 on: January 04, 2012, 09:57:32 pm »
I suspect the problem is the RCD as you say you have had the same trouble with your fridge, the can sometimes become over sensitive due to mechanical wear on the latching mechanism.

• Frequent Contributor
Fixed!
« Reply #33 on: January 04, 2012, 11:20:59 pm »
I have fixed the problem! It was in that extended cord because i noticed that it was often on the floor (probably wet) lying so i replaced it with another cord i had. Maybe water somehow got in pins' little gaps which caused internal corrosion, rust etc. otherwise it could just be N, L, G wires that needed fixing. I did not try that since who knows, maybe it could have spoiled machine so i played safe. Talking about being beginner :)

What is left to do is remove rust and spray paint.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2012, 11:24:06 pm by Boris_yo »

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #34 on: January 11, 2012, 11:11:30 am »
Guys should i wear this anti-dust mask when working with spray paint since i am asthmatic?

alm

« Reply #35 on: January 11, 2012, 11:18:39 am »
Check the documentation accompanying the dust mask, but I doubt that it will give much protection against paint vapors. Make sure to work in a well ventilated area and use a mask that provides protection against paint vapors if you feel you need a mask. Don't give yourself a false sense of safety by using a dust mask.

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #36 on: January 11, 2012, 12:28:31 pm »
Check the documentation accompanying the dust mask, but I doubt that it will give much protection against paint vapors. Make sure to work in a well ventilated area and use a mask that provides protection against paint vapors if you feel you need a mask. Don't give yourself a false sense of safety by using a dust mask.

No informational booklet was found in plastic package but only "Protective Mask Against Dust FFP-2"

When with anti-dust mask, i feel less oxygen is available in the mask and more carbon dioxide exhailed. If that mask does not do anything for protection against aerosol enamel spray paint, then i should better not wear it as it only would reduce oxygen.

Offline ipman

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #37 on: January 11, 2012, 12:46:04 pm »
The vapors are liquid, not dust. This mask will filter dust particles of a certain size or more, but not vapors.

Offline ron

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #38 on: January 11, 2012, 12:58:26 pm »
The vapors are liquid, not dust. This mask will filter dust particles of a certain size or more, but not vapors.

Vapors are gases

Offline ipman

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #39 on: January 11, 2012, 01:01:29 pm »
Right, gases. Evaporated liquid.

Offline Mechatrommer

• Super Contributor
  • reassessing directives...
« Reply #40 on: January 11, 2012, 02:57:36 pm »
no they are "particles" ;) i believe the semantics misconception is a "mist" its in liquid state flying around. about the mask, wearing it is better than not wearing anything esp asthmatic. i did the spray job varnish on doors i ended up varnish particles accumulated so thick all around my "nose hairs", quite a joke if i remember it. and quite a task to take it out.
Nature: Evolution and the Illusion of Randomness (Stephen L. Talbott): Its now indisputable that... organisms “expertise” contextualizes its genome, and its nonsense to say that these powers are under the control of the genome being contextualized - Barbara McClintock

Offline plunger

• Contributor
« Reply #41 on: January 11, 2012, 04:54:20 pm »
People run cabling next to wires all the time. Electric showers are common in some places where they have no hot water heater  :-\

3M makes a vapor odor mask. Don't know if it would help in this case. I have used it for household cleaning and it does block out the bleach smell.

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #42 on: January 11, 2012, 07:03:23 pm »
Maybe this one is better?

http://amzn.to/zmu8vh

This one seems more for house cleaning:

http://amzn.to/zSuc0g

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #43 on: January 11, 2012, 08:27:05 pm »
Guys, here are more 4 pictures of rusted areas (click on them to zoom):

http://imgur.com/a/eLwSB#LsQmZ

I don't know whether i should remove cracks which sit fine actually but are a little raised. Maybe what is still tight i should not touch and just apply spray paint on it even if such areas will be not flat and higher?

Offline SeanB

• Super Contributor
« Reply #44 on: January 11, 2012, 09:09:03 pm »
I have used the epoxy method. Water feature with pump, and cable buried under concrete slab, and decorator has been and done the lovely patina paint on the concrete and fountain. Pump is both noisy and too low pressure. Short length of conduit and tape later ( tape to keep the epoxy in until cured) and a pack of 2 part clear epoxy and new pump is installed, along with all the cable on the new pump left coiled up in the pump well, so it can be taken out to clean it or to replace the pump using the same method.

Rust needs to be removed, then all exposed metal treated and covered with paint. Any exposed area will rust again. Cracks need to be lightly sanded then given a light coat of paint to seal the area again. Inside panels i have had good results using boiled Linseed oil as a coating, it keeps the rust from spreading and slows it down. Drawback is the smell and the drips as it slowly flows down. Not an issue where it is unseen. Apply with a brush to all interior surfaces and it will make the panels last longer, as the inside often has a very poor paint finish with poor covering of metal.

• Frequent Contributor
Enamel Spray Painting Completed!
« Reply #45 on: March 20, 2012, 10:53:46 am »
Hello guys. Not perfect but will suffice. Finally painted for the first time the appliance and it looks much better now, although i could not completely flatten protruding rusted layers on the back edge of washing machine's lid:

Here is what was a big rusty surface:

Here is the gap between lid and panel after removing rust at the bottom which i was affraid to do because of a need to disassemble panel, which i did in the end thanks to one of member's suggestion in this thread:

I have question as why most surface came out matte and least came out glossy? You can see transition in the middle:

I shot a video as well so you can observe:

Is it because of number of sprays i did i.e layers? I did according to instructions printed on the back of spray can telling to apply thin layer after thin layer and let paint dry instead of applying just a thick layer.

By the way, this INDESIT washing machine served well for over 5+ years and is strong as russian tank T50 because this is model T50 as you can notice in the above pictures. Coincidence?  ;D
« Last Edit: March 20, 2012, 10:57:31 am by Boris_yo »

Offline Psi

• Super Contributor
« Reply #46 on: March 20, 2012, 11:43:27 am »
The best spray paint to use if you want a hardwearing surface and gloss finish (without polishing) is epoxy based appliance paint.

I've used it on a few projects and its way better than typical spray paint, especially for gloss finishes.
It does also come in matt, if you need that for a project.

Its only disadvantage is the number of colours available, there's only 10 or so colours in the brand i get. And some brands only have black and white.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2012, 11:46:50 am by Psi »
Greek letter 'Psi' (not Pounds per Square Inch)

Offline G7PSK

• Super Contributor
« Reply #47 on: March 20, 2012, 03:38:51 pm »
orange peel effect means that the paint was put on too thick a coat or dried too fast or both.

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #48 on: March 20, 2012, 09:11:14 pm »
Quote from: Psi
The best spray paint to use if you want a hardwearing surface and gloss finish (without polishing) is epoxy based appliance paint.

I've used it on a few projects and its way better than typical spray paint, especially for gloss finishes.
It does also come in matt, if you need that for a project.

Its only disadvantage is the number of colours available, there's only 10 or so colours in the brand i get. And some brands only have black and white.

Epoxy? Why enamel is not good? I asked seller which type of spray paint i need for painting washing machine and he said enamel. As for information, on the back sticker of a can it says that i should not use strong chemicals on spray-painted surface and if i want to spray-paint on sink or bathtub, i need to get another type of spray-paint.

orange peel effect means that the paint was put on too thick a coat or dried too fast or both.

I guess spray-painting is a skill one must get more familiar with. Do you think if i used polishing material before paint dried up, i would get glossy surfaces?

Offline G7PSK

• Super Contributor
« Reply #49 on: March 21, 2012, 08:38:27 am »
The toughest paint that is easily sprayed apart from 2 part epoxy paint is chlorinated rubber it is very often used on plant and heavy industrial equipment, bridges etc. If you use either of these two you need positive air fed breathing equipment. 

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf