Author Topic: Working battery device turn into powersupple + battery device  (Read 2279 times)

Offline SavethedayTopic starter

• Regular Contributor
  • hobby technician
Working battery device turn into powersupple + battery device
« on: October 04, 2015, 10:48:24 pm »
Hi everyone
I would like to change my 9 Volt battery device into +9V powersupply connection device?Even if I use 9 volt battery i would like to connect +9v powersupply and at the same time recharge my 9V rechargeable battery.Is it possible with paralel connections? I have a 2 transistors 2N3906 2N3904 near by battery cable connection.
Thanks.

Offline JoeB83

• Regular Contributor
  • Longmont, CO
Re: Working battery device turn into powersupple + battery device
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2015, 10:53:47 pm »
Unfortunately this is a very vague description, can you give us more information like pictures, a schematic, model numbers, etc?

• Regular Contributor
  • hobby technician
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2015, 12:48:55 am »
Unfortunately this is a very vague description, can you give us more information like pictures, a schematic, model numbers, etc?
http://shop.anatekcorp.com/clientuploads/directory/products/Blue%20ESR%20assembly%20manual_Jan%202015.pdf
Thanks.

Offline bills

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2015, 01:47:21 am »
If I understand correctly the op wants to run this off a 9v power supply (wall wart) and charge the battery at the same time.
Short answer is no not without a charge controller.
Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

Offline rdl

• Super Contributor
« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2015, 04:43:34 am »
Simplest thing to do might be to add a DC power jack for running off a wall wart and buy an 9 volt NiMH charger and a couple of batteries. There are cheap battery/charger combos (under $20 US) on eBay.

Offline JoeB83

• Regular Contributor
  • Longmont, CO
« Reply #5 on: October 05, 2015, 05:28:28 am »
If I understand correctly the op wants to run this off a 9v power supply (wall wart) and charge the battery at the same time.

Ok, that makes a lot more sense, thanks!

You can run it from a wall-wart, just add the appropriate connector to the board, make sure polarity is right, and use it that way. As others have said, both charging and running the meter at the same time would require additional circuitry.

• Regular Contributor
  • hobby technician
« Reply #6 on: October 05, 2015, 09:54:16 pm »

Ok, that makes a lot more sense, thanks!

You can run it from a wall-wart, just add the appropriate connector to the board, make sure polarity is right, and use it that way. As others have said, both charging and running the meter at the same time would require additional circuitry.
Ok Im not going to recharge at the same time but do I need exactly 9 volts wall-wart or could it be like 5 volts or 7,5 volts 12 volts.How do we measure or know which intervals are we suppose to use?
I want to thanks again and again.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2015, 10:21:06 pm by Savetheday »

Offline JoeB83

• Regular Contributor
  • Longmont, CO
« Reply #7 on: October 06, 2015, 03:03:48 am »
Chances are it'll work from a different voltage than 9V, but personally I wouldn't take the chance. I'd just buy a 9V wall wart.

I guess if you really had to, you could use a 12-15V wall wart if you make a small, simple regulator circuit based around an LM7809. Check out this data sheet: http://www.farnell.com/datasheets/94418.pdf

Just use the first circuit shown on page 18. Just the LM7809, two caps, and some wiring.

Offline djococaud

• Regular Contributor
  • General rule : Simpler is Better
    • Djo Labs
« Reply #8 on: October 07, 2015, 02:43:26 pm »
As a dirt cheap solution, you can use this circuit...
But make sure to choose R in order to have a low enough charge current to float the 9V battery without damaging it.
If you use some low power Schottky diodes, the voltage drop should not be an issue...

Djo.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf