Author Topic: Wanted: PCIe Protocol Analyser  (Read 2033 times)

Offline attieTopic starter

• Contributor
Wanted: PCIe Protocol Analyser
« on: February 13, 2013, 05:03:00 pm »
Hi all,

A colleague has recently come to me asking if I know of anywhere that we could hire a PCIe Protocol Analyser from (we are in the UK).
I don't, and figured (hoped) you guys might!

The device we are trying to debug is an FPGA on the end of a 2x lane PCIe 1.1 bus.

I've had a bit of a look around, and found a few units, like the LeCroy Summit T28, and an offering from Agilent (U4301A), but nowhere to hire them from.

If anyone has experience with this sort of thing, we would also really appreciate advice on what to get.
It appears that the Agilent one requires a chassis, and I wouldn't be surprised if there was some software licensing going on that we would need to be aware of.

Thanks in advance!

Attie

Offline marshallh

• Supporter
    • retroactive
Re: Wanted: PCIe Protocol Analyser
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2013, 09:58:26 pm »
Does your fpga have internal transceivers (Arria, Stratix, cyclone iv gx)? For writing your own pcie IP an external analyzer would be worth it. But if you are interfacing with already-verified hard-ip/silicon maybe sticking signaltap/chipscope on your design right before the pcie interface?

http://www.cotsjournalonline.com/articles/view/100428
Verilog tips
BGA soldering intro

11:37 <@ktemkin> c4757p: marshall has transcended communications media
11:37 <@ktemkin> He speaks protocols directly.

Offline attieTopic starter

• Contributor
Re: Wanted: PCIe Protocol Analyser
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2013, 09:51:26 am »
Thanks for your reply marshallh,

I'm fairly certain that they have ruled out the possibility/feasibility of that, but I'll pass on the suggestion :-)

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf