Author Topic: [FS] $14.99 USB Saleae 24M 8CH Saleae 24MHz 8Channel Logic Analyzer  (Read 10920 times)

Offline crusader_643Topic starter

Hey i thought i should just let you guys know that there is a USB Saleae 24M 8CH Saleae 24MHz 8Channel Logic Analyzer on sale for $14.99!

Please support me as this is a website i created and i will have a new product each week.
All proceeds are going towards supporting my electronics hobby as i am only 14 and I really need the money to get an oscilloscope.
Feel free to leave ideas on other things that you think i should sell.

PLEASE buy from there to support my hobby!

**EDIT** Sorry forgot the website it is http://arduinos-and-stuff.getsocio.com
Thanks to andyturk for reminding me to mention that this is a fully functional clone. (please don't let that deter you from buying it)
« Last Edit: February 04, 2013, 04:41:58 am by crusader_643 »

Offline andyturk

• Frequent Contributor
Re: [FS] $14.99 USB Saleae 24M 8CH Saleae 24MHz 8Channel Logic Analyzer
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2013, 04:28:52 am »
How come your "Saleae" analyzer looks nothing like the products actually sold by Saleae?

:-//

Offline free_electron

• Super Contributor
    • SiliconValleyGarage
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2013, 05:04:47 am »
And a blatant ripoff.
Professional Electron Wrangler.
Any comments, or points of view expressed, are my own and not endorsed , induced or compensated by my employer(s).

Offline GeoffS

• Supporter
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2013, 05:34:20 am »
If it's a clone then it's NOT a Saleae so why the misleading label?

Offline Harvs

• Super Contributor
« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2013, 10:07:12 am »
A quick tip:

Your description of the device in English makes zero sense.

Secondly, the genuine Saleae Logic, with milled aluminum enclosure and proper support is worth $149.  To state on your website that your clone is worth the same, and you're getting a 90% discount...  Well I hope you get the point.

Offline BravoV

• Super Contributor
  • +++ ATH1
« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2013, 10:17:39 am »
A pic worth thousand words ....  :-DD

Offline JoeyP

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2013, 10:47:32 pm »
It's an obvious "advertising pass" for a product which is a blatant ripoff of someone's IP. I'm dissapointed that EEVblog supports this kind of stuff.

Offline andyturk

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #7 on: February 05, 2013, 01:09:52 am »
It's an obvious "advertising pass" for a product which is a blatant ripoff of someone's IP. I'm dissapointed that EEVblog supports this kind of stuff.
Maybe a moderator could edit the title/post to remove Saleae's name, since this clearly isn't their gear.

For $15, its almost worth buying one and sending it to Dave for the teardown treatment.

Offline free_electron

• Super Contributor
    • SiliconValleyGarage
« Reply #8 on: February 05, 2013, 02:42:24 am »
nothnig to see.jut a cypres fx2 (cy68013) in 52 pin tssop body.

all that stuf  , Salaeae , Logic , Altera blaster , xilinx blaster etc are built around that chip.
it's basically an 8051 with a usb streampipe and two fifos. you can upload its firmware through usb. an external EEPRom holds vid/pid.

they detect the vid/pid and the inf file tells the os what driver to load and grabs the BIN file holding the 8051 firmware. they pump that over and re-enumerate. done.
Any comments, or points of view expressed, are my own and not endorsed , induced or compensated by my employer(s).

Offline andyturk

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #9 on: February 05, 2013, 03:10:48 am »
nothnig to see.jut a cypres fx2 (cy68013) in 52 pin tssop body.

all that stuf  , Salaeae , Logic , Altera blaster , xilinx blaster etc are built around that chip.
it's basically an 8051 with a usb streampipe and two fifos. you can upload its firmware through usb. an external EEPRom holds vid/pid.

they detect the vid/pid and the inf file tells the os what driver to load and grabs the BIN file holding the 8051 firmware. they pump that over and re-enumerate. done.
Interesting. There must be some really cheap cloned versions of that chip since the real deal is > $10 in quantity at Mouser.

Offline marshallh

• Supporter
    • retroactive
« Reply #10 on: February 05, 2013, 03:18:36 am »
the FX2 has been out for nearly a decade now, they're probably scavenged or NOS.
Verilog tips
BGA soldering intro

11:37 <@ktemkin> c4757p: marshall has transcended communications media
11:37 <@ktemkin> He speaks protocols directly.

« Reply #11 on: February 05, 2013, 03:22:28 am »
Hey guys i'm really sorry for all this confusion. I honestly had no intention to rip off any one or to scam them. As i said i'm 14 and was just looking for a way to make some money for an oscilloscope. I sincerely apologize for all this.

Offline JoeyP

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #12 on: February 05, 2013, 03:24:04 am »
the FX2 has been out for nearly a decade now, they're probably scavenged or NOS.

It's even worse than that. Saleae tells an interesting story about involuntarily receiving remarked old-rev parts which don't meet spec:

http://blog.saleae.com/?p=143

You can be sure the chinese clones are full of them.

Offline GeoffS

• Supporter
« Reply #13 on: February 05, 2013, 03:50:42 am »
Hey guys i'm really sorry for all this confusion. I honestly had no intention to rip off any one or to scam them. As i said i'm 14 and was just looking for a way to make some money for an oscilloscope. I sincerely apologize for all this.

But not sorry enough to remove the product from your webpage.

« Reply #14 on: February 05, 2013, 05:03:32 am »

But not sorry enough to remove the product from your webpage.

I am removing it but for some reason the changes aren't saving, so i'm waiting for help.

**EDIT** Help arrived and it is gone. I again apologize for this.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2013, 05:05:50 am by crusader_643 »

Offline free_electron

• Super Contributor
    • SiliconValleyGarage
« Reply #15 on: February 05, 2013, 07:33:31 am »

It's even worse than that. Saleae tells an interesting story about involuntarily receiving remarked old-rev parts which don't meet spec:

http://blog.saleae.com/?p=143

You can be sure the chinese clones are full of them.

Bingo. You can buy FX2 chips with the old mask stepping in china for about 2$.... They contain some silicon bugs and they run hot , but for what they do with em its just fine.

I happen to know the guys from Saleae. I went to one of their open houses. They have awhole bag with all the different clones out there. The saleae has additional protection diodes and resisotrs and some other stuff that the cheapos don't have. Besides the biggest effort is in the software.

The software can actually detect fakes and they contemplated having it ping home when this was found, but ultimately they didn't do it. They can also disable a clone but elected not to do this. The makers of the Logic and USBEE do disable the clone if they find one. The trap lies i theused eeprom. Saleae uses a particular eeprom that holds the vid pid and bootcode for the 8051. The chinese clones use a different onr. They can read the eeprom signature and retrieve the eeprom maker and model.
Their eepro. Is larger than in the clones because they left room for future expansion. The chines,being cheap, use a smaller one.

You can get off alibaba boxes that do everything. Using two or 3 jumpers you switch them from being a Saleae to a USBEE to a byteblaster to a xilinx cable and back. All the jumpers do is connect a chip select pin . The boxes simply have 4 eeproms in them, each with the  'stolen' vid pid pair.

The hardware is cheap but the software is pricey because of the man hours in maintenance and updates. That is what you pay for. The chines have no maintenance or development. All you get is a weak xerox of the hardware and you go use it with the software you grab from the web. Pure piracy...

Offline sorin

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #16 on: February 05, 2013, 09:38:22 am »
The price of this item (the clone) on Chinese market is $5.8

Offline AlphZeta

• Regular Contributor
    • Kerry D. Wong
« Reply #17 on: February 05, 2013, 03:36:03 pm »
I remember seeing on Saleae's website that they were going to do something in their software to prevent this kind of clones from being able to use their software?

Offline Amarbir[Lynx-India]

• Frequent Contributor
  • Indian Dealer
    • Lynx-India - Visit Us For Not So Boring Electronic Instruments
« Reply #18 on: February 05, 2013, 05:05:54 pm »
I remember seeing on Saleae's website that they were going to do something in their software to prevent this kind of clones from being able to use their software?

Great News ,
     Hope They Do This Fast
Regards

Amarbir Singh Dhillon [ Lynx-India ] , Chandigarh [ India ] - > www.lynxdealerstore.com , www.lynx-india.com
Indian Distributor For  [ Autoelectric , Sofitech , IDEOfy ,Peak Electronic Design [UK ] , Anatek And Creatronica ]
My Electronics Blog - > www.lynxchandigarh.com

Offline ddavidebor

• Super Contributor
    • Smartbox AT
« Reply #19 on: February 16, 2013, 07:32:25 pm »
cheap chinese logic analizer cost 12$ on dx.com from china

with a bit of trouble it will become a saelaelelslase (how you can remember how to write it? is impossible!) clone
David - Professional Engineer - Medical Devices and Tablet Computers at Smartbox AT
Side businesses: Altium Industry Expert writer, http://fermium.ltd.uk (Scientific Equiment), http://chinesecleavers.co.uk (Cutlery),

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf