Author Topic: [FREE MEL] Jaycar MP3087 dual 30V/3A + 5V 3A supply  (Read 1086 times)

Offline taemunTopic starter

• Regular Contributor
[FREE MEL] Jaycar MP3087 dual 30V/3A + 5V 3A supply
« on: April 19, 2018, 06:06:46 am »
I powered up my ~8 year old Jaycar supply last week, and it let "the smoke" out quite noisily :-BROKE. I have other supplies that I've been using, which is why this one sat under the bench for some time.

One of the 5V logic (and auxiliary) rail capacitors blew out, but I'd recommend replacing all of the caps as a matter of course. The front panel was still working fine after the smoke came out, I think it's just a smoothing capacitor, and the one next to it was still doing the job.

It's an older version than what Jaycar are selling these days, and is completely fanless - pretty quiet when in use, I just remember a little bit of buzz from it.

Full disclosure: the output voltage was never logic supply stable - if you set it to 3.3V cold, it'll wander up to 3.5V when warm. Works fine to supply a switching reg on your board. This wasn't a fault with this unit, it just isn't a high grade power supply.

Free to a good home, pickup from South Morang. It'll go in the bin in a few weeks, if no one wants it.

Offline taemunTopic starter

• Regular Contributor
Re: [FREE MEL] Jaycar MP3087 dual 30V/3A + 5V 3A supply
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2018, 11:21:35 am »
Wilfred has it! Please doing "business" with you.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf