Author Topic: [FS World] Unusual Rank-Cintel CRT From A Telecine Machine  (Read 1578 times)

Offline dexters_labTopic starter

• Supporter
[FS World] Unusual Rank-Cintel CRT From A Telecine Machine
« on: September 19, 2017, 04:35:58 pm »
I have one of these unusual CRTs, it is from a flying dot telecine machine and provided the scanning light source. It seems to be used but is in it's shipping box.

It dates from 1984 and is made by Rank Cintel Ltd, they are just over 1/2 a meter long

Would make a great addition to a vacuum tube / CRT collection.

No idea what this is worth, so i am open to offers... so the best offer received by 17:00hrs UK time on Sunday 24th gets it! Your welcome to PM me with your offers or make a post in this thread.

If you want any more information on it, let me know and i'll post it here for you

Can ship worldwide at cost  :-+

Offline SeanB

• Super Contributor
Re: [FS World] Unusual Rank-Cintel CRT From A Telecine Machine
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2017, 06:59:54 pm »
Doesn't look used Mark, they normally have a burn on the screen of the 2 patches where they track the film for scanning, and this one does not look like that. Might be a refurb though, with it having had a new electron gun and screen though, which would make it as good as new.

Online nali

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2017, 07:42:57 pm »
Wow. What happened to the rest of the machine?

I served my apprenticeship at Cintel... ah, happy days!

Offline dexters_labTopic starter

• Supporter
« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2017, 07:18:22 am »
Wow. What happened to the rest of the machine?

I served my apprenticeship at Cintel... ah, happy days!

no idea where the rest of it is, these came with a lot of stuff from a company who made colour correctors for telecine machines, we think they had a BTS machine as we have previously found manuals and some parts but the main machine is nowhere to be seen.

Doesn't look used Mark, they normally have a burn on the screen of the 2 patches where they track the film for scanning, and this one does not look like that. Might be a refurb though, with it having had a new electron gun and screen though, which would make it as good as new.

The tube is in an original box but the serial number of the tube & box don't match, the tube is (was) covered in dust so it is a used tube... so looks like someone replaced a tube and put the old one in the new box IYSWIM.

as for signs of wear, i am not sure... the screen does look very uniform, i haven't checked the filament, maybe it was taken out of service because the gun is dead?

Online nali

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2017, 08:05:37 pm »
no idea where the rest of it is, these came with a lot of stuff from a company who made colour correctors for telecine machines, we think they had a BTS machine as we have previously found manuals and some parts but the main machine is nowhere to be seen.

OK.. bit of an assumption on my part as I know you break down stuff.

The tube is in an original box but the serial number of the tube & box don't match, the tube is (was) covered in dust so it is a used tube... so looks like someone replaced a tube and put the old one in the new box IYSWIM.

as for signs of wear, i am not sure... the screen does look very uniform, i haven't checked the filament, maybe it was taken out of service because the gun is dead?

I can't really help regarding signs of wear as I only saw tubes new as they left the factory, even so they were part of the telecine that "just worked" so didn't get much attention.  I do vaguely recall they had a relatively thick phosphor coating, but then again they ran a fixed raster and they were BRIGHT being the sole light source for scanning, so I would expect a burn pattern after a while.

Offline Jwalling

• Supporter
  • This is work?
« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2017, 09:33:12 pm »
That is one WEIRD looking CRT! Can you take a picture from the pin end? I'd like to see how it flares up towards the face.
Jay

System error. Strike any user to continue.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf