Author Topic: GONE [GER] FREE: 5 Boxes of Stuff - for Hackerspace, tinkering, beginners,...  (Read 2790 times)

Offline YsjoelfirTopic starter

• Frequent Contributor
Hey everyone, as I have mentioned in that https://www.eevblog.com/forum/chat/im-going-nuts-in-my-lab-need-to-get-rid-of-stuff-advice/msg1755122/#msg1755122 topic I got rid of a whole bunch of stuff and I still am. Until now I gathered 5 big boxes of Stuff that is too valueable to be thrown away. I have already mentioned in the topic that I am willing to give it away for free if anyone picks it up or pays for shipping. Sadly, everyone that was interested started nut picking soon after, like "oh, I didn't find a way to pick it up, could you please just send me the heathkit scope and the component drawers and throw the rest in the trash". So... If anyone is really interested please write it down here. I only give everything in one piece away. No nutpicking. I don't have a car so pickup, either by DHL/UPS/Hermes/Whatever Pickup or by yourself is the only solution. If you come by yourself you definitely can take a look inside and rearrange stuff, but take everything with you and dispose of stuff you don't want by yourself or even better, donate it. Please.
I am willing to make some rough list of stuff if someone is really interested.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2019, 07:21:13 pm by Ysjoelfir »
Greetings, Kai \ Ysjoelfir

Offline Momchilo

• Regular Contributor
Re: [GER] FREE: 5 Boxes of Stuff - for Hackerspace, tinkering, beginners,...
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2018, 11:35:13 am »
Hi,
very kind to give it away for free. Where do you live in Germany and are there any pictures of the stuff? Because 5 boxes with old stuff could be anything. A box full of half broken relais wouldn't be helpful  ;)

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2018, 10:36:21 am »
Hi you two,
I will post a rough overview soon. Please stand by, I need some time to reopen the boxes and dig through the stuff again to make a list.
It would be possible to share stuff box-wise, like person A takes box 1, 2 and 3, person B takes 4, 5 and maybe more to come. Just to be nice and give everyone a chance to..... nutpick a little bit.

Offline Brumby

• Supporter
« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2018, 10:44:39 pm »
... no need for a list.

Depends on the photos.

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2018, 05:30:00 pm »
... no need for a list.

Depends on the photos.

I would say, it depends more on the packaging ;) On the other hand... judging from many ebay photos... and the crappy quality of my mobile phone.... aaaand my enthusiasm to search the big camera... Well. Lets say I tried the best by the tools I had at hand. Sorry for the orientation, I dont know if they get displayed correctly: My image viewer shows them rotated, opera shows them correctly, chrome doesnt... But I guess you should be able to get an estimate about the size and contents.

Regarding PCBs to salvage parts from, which most of the boxes has at least one: I did not keep PCBs which are just full of resistors... every PCB I kept had at least one (for me) very interesting thing on it - may it be a special transformer, a sensor, special ICs...

Overview:

Box 1: Two almost empty component drawers. Box in a box: There is some stuff to disassemble or play around with: 2 rectangular analog meters, a PCB from an old geiger counter (without the tube), a HDMI matrix, without cables, should still work, I just dont need that anymore. A bag full of small heatsinks. An HV programmer for ATMegas. A spool of solder. Also in the big box: around 4-ish complete VFD bargraph assemblys. Just input 230V or 24V or whatever, give it a signal voltage and you are good to go. Maybe some more stuff in there... Iirc also a full box of unused signal relays.

Box 2: 2 more of those VFD things, without case. Many many many displays. Mostly LCD, some LED, few VFD. Smaller boxes with mixed parts. PCBs to salvage.

Box 3: That one is simple. Heathkit IO-18 Scope and IG-52E Wobbelmesssender. Also a hole bunch of ICs, still in their tubes. Z80 Stuff, 68000 CPUs, VFD Driver Chips, EEPROMS, GAL/PALs,....

Box 4: Sorry, I wont unpack that one again. I am happy that I got the box to stay together.  Contains definitely many transformers and wall plug PSUs. That beast is heavy. I would assume around 30 or more kilos.
Still in that picture: One more box with transformers, one box with teeny tiny caps (4700uF 400V or so). Also for disposal. I still have big cartons that I can use to pack that stuff and I will definitely come along more stuff to get rid off in the upcomming weeks, so.... I guess there is more where that came from.
Also (at least partially) in the picture: a suitcase, that one is full of mixed (very well mixed. a bit of everything you could say) parts, I wanted to throw that away but one of the prior people that were interested stopped me from doing that. So here it is. I could dispose of it if nobody wants it.

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #5 on: December 23, 2018, 06:13:35 pm »
Sadly, Daniel didn't show up as we have discussed and he didn't respond to my messages after that. So, another sad example....
So, the stuff is available again. I also got a new box packed up witm some more electrical things like mains outlets, electronic lamp drivers, heatsinks and more misc. stuff. So, if anyone wants some boxes.... feel free to contact me.

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #6 on: February 09, 2019, 08:11:09 am »
Last Chance: Who wants the stuff? I'm very close to disposing everything. :(

Offline The_Welding_Library_Guy

• Contributor
« Reply #7 on: February 11, 2019, 09:29:40 am »
Holy crap if this is just the bin pile you sir are a god among nerd. Sorry everyone has been jerking you around. I''m plum in the US and Id say shipping would be every bit of $800+ or I would take you up. I was just going to suggest if worst comes to worst and you have to toss it all. There might be a school with a tinkerlab or robotics club near you that could use the stuff.

Offline Zucca

• Supporter
  • EE meid in Itali
« Reply #8 on: February 11, 2019, 09:44:02 am »
PM sent.
Can't know what you don't love. St. Augustine
Can't love what you don't know. Zucca

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf