Author Topic: [WTB] : 2+ Ch, 100+Mhz, Working Analog Oscilloscope  (Read 1111 times)

Offline KarutohTopic starter

[WTB] : 2+ Ch, 100+Mhz, Working Analog Oscilloscope
« on: November 19, 2017, 05:39:01 pm »
I'm beginning to learn electrical engineering, but I feel very limited without some kind of oscilloscope. I'm looking for a two or more channel, 100 or more Mhz, Analog Oscilloscope that works. My max budget is ~100$. I wont be able to order it until around December 15th for sure.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2017, 05:41:14 pm by Karutoh »

Offline Helix70

• Supporter
  • VK4JNA
Re: [WTB] : 2+ Ch, 100+Mhz, Working Analog Oscilloscope
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2017, 11:10:02 pm »
Why do you "need" 100+ Mhz?

Offline VEGETA

• Super Contributor
  • I am the cult of personality
    • Thundertronics
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2017, 06:23:48 am »
I live in Jordan and it is very hard for me to get a scope due to shipping price. I would like to get an analog scope with that price, delivered to Jordan.

Offline macboy

• Super Contributor
« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2017, 03:35:00 pm »
Why do you "need" 100+ Mhz?
Because high bandwidth is one of the very few advantages that an inexpensive analog scope has over an inexpensive digital one?

There is no need to go lower, as there are plenty of good 100 MHz + analog scopes out there to be had. At 100 MHz, you will get a respectable 3.5 ns rise time, which is good enough to look at quite fast digital signals, e.g. fast PWM outputs of a micro, fast SPI data/clock streams to/from a SD card or serial flash chip, etc..  You'll also be able to catch high frequency oscillations on analog circuits like amplifiers, power supplies, dummy loads, etc.

I'd suggest:

Certainly don't pay more than pocket change (or equivalent in liquid consumables) for anything less than 50 MHz. You'll outgrow it quickly and will find it difficult to sell for more than pocket change.

Keep your eye on local classifieds like Craigslist etc. JUMP on anything you find.

Look up electronics recyclers in your area and check if any of them test and re-sell working goods that they receive. Where I live (Ontario, Canada) they need a special license to do that, but some do. My best 'scores' have been at such places.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf