Author Topic: [GONE] METCAL MX-PS5000 or someone around Flensburg please help  (Read 2547 times)

Offline DC1MCTopic starter

• Super Contributor
So I wanted to by a high-power Metcal MX-PS500 and this gentleman has two of them:
https://www.ebay-kleinanzeigen.de/s-anzeige/metcal-mx-ps5000-loetstation-neu-loeten-soldering-125w-lan/800303882-249-17392

I have offered him 350 for one and he accepted, and when I asked him for payment information somehow he got scared about my East European name or something  :-//, that he completely cut any communication.

So my little request for help is that if there is someone in Germany near Flensburg to pick up one for me and send it to Mannheim I'll make his time worth, or if you have a similar soldering station for sale please make me an offer.

Thanks a lot,
 DC1MC

Bonus points if it's in fact a scam and I just dodged a bullet  ;D,  but must be verified.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2018, 05:33:37 pm by DC1MC »

Offline Zucca

• Supporter
  • EE meid in Itali
Re: [WTB DE/EU] METCAL MX-PS5000 or someone around Flensburg please help
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2018, 09:24:43 pm »
I'm in love with that Metcal MX, worth every penny and since two years it put a smile on my face everytime I solder something.
350€ for that Ferrari is a bargain. GOOD LUCK.

Can't know what you don't love. St. Augustine
Can't love what you don't know. Zucca

• Super Contributor
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2018, 09:28:36 pm »
I'm in love with that Metcal MX, worth every penny and since two years it put a smile on my face everytime I solder something.
350€ for that Ferrari is a bargain. GOOD LUCK.

Yup, this why I'm asking for help, sadly Flensburg it's on the extreme north of Germany, bordering Denmark, and I'm 800Km away :( or I would have gone myself to pick it up.
But maybe there is a kind soul willing to help me.

Cheers,
 DC1MC

Offline corn11

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2018, 10:29:55 am »
I'm sorry to hear that. I use the MX500 at work and it is also my favourite station but unfortunately I'm currently working on a custom station with multivendor handle support otherwise I'd take the second one.

Have you tried to contact him under another name (or a friend of yours) to test if he is still responding to other people  ? I've had the experience that some people on "eBay Kleinanzeigen" don't respond to your PMs and don't take their advertisement down when they've already sold the item.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2018, 10:35:13 am by corn11 »

• Super Contributor
« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2018, 11:56:06 am »
This why I desperately ask for a "Bio-German" help, the guy cut the conversation short without explanations, I don't think he sold them already. But I'm really  |O, nobody offered yet :(.
Oh well, maybe some kind soul will have mercy of me and give it a try to have some closure. At this moment of time I'll be happy to have been dealing with a scammer, instead of a xenophobe.

Cheers,
 DC1MC

Offline hscade

• Contributor
« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2018, 12:02:06 pm »
Maybe I try to contact him this weekend if I don't forget it.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2018, 12:03:39 pm by hscade »

Offline DK-1

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #6 on: March 22, 2018, 03:00:08 pm »
Or maybe you can get an Easy braid new one for a quarter of Metcal price(but basically the same i think), it is sold on  Digi key till some months ago and maybe they still have some unit.
I know they was some Metcal/Oki employees, then they have made/build them factory/mark, but i don't know what model precisely they build
If you can't buy it from this guy you can think to get this way and see wich model them build

• Super Contributor
« Reply #7 on: March 22, 2018, 03:27:10 pm »
Maybe I try to contact him this weekend if I don't forget it.
I can remind you ;)

Offline Zucca

• Supporter
  • EE meid in Itali
« Reply #8 on: March 22, 2018, 04:00:53 pm »
METCAL-MX-PS5000 Lötstation NEU!!! Löten ! Soldering ! 125W + LAN

;D

• Super Contributor
« Reply #9 on: March 22, 2018, 04:05:54 pm »
Or maybe you can get an Easy braid new one for a quarter of Metcal price(but basically the same i think), it is sold on  Digi key till some months ago and maybe they still have some unit.
I know they was some Metcal/Oki employees, then they have made/build them factory/mark, but i don't know what model precisely they build
If you can't buy it from this guy you can think to get this way and see wich model them build

Except that they costs the same with the same accessories, the leftovers at Digikey don't come with tips, and uhhh... they're half the power of the PS-5000, otherwise perfectly equivalent.  >:D

Cheers,
DC1MC

Offline DK-1

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #10 on: March 22, 2018, 05:24:33 pm »
Ops sorry i thouhgt was the same power.....to be honest i work with  Metcal solder station (a PS-900) with 90W and it works very well, but i thought to upgrade it with some easy bride station because it cost less...now i know why it cost less!

• Super Contributor
« Reply #11 on: March 22, 2018, 05:48:22 pm »
I mean I'm sure the Easy Braid,  Thermaltronics and friends are OK, but I want something that have a bit of power, I have enough fine soldering stations.
So, any takers to extract these stations and not be cheated ?
When I was saying I'm gonna make worth your time, I mean it, these are not empty words  8).

Cheers,
 DC1MC

• Super Contributor
« Reply #12 on: March 22, 2018, 09:01:15 pm »
A member has offered to get them both and share one with me, so now I'm waiting for the results.
Keep the fingers crossed and the thumbs pressed   :box:

Thanks for all of you that offered advices and to help.

Cheers,
 DC1MC

Offline Zucca

• Supporter
  • EE meid in Itali
« Reply #13 on: March 22, 2018, 09:08:56 pm »
Nice,

if he will go there and pay cash, I think he can handle down to 600-650 € for both. At least he can try.
Anyway in Kleineanzeige there are lots of good deal and lots of idiots. They should introduce a buyer feedback system, so you know if the seller has a brain and knows how to use it.

• Super Contributor
« Reply #14 on: March 23, 2018, 07:04:22 am »
Nice,

if he will go there and pay cash, I think he can handle down to 600-650 € for both. At least he can try.
Anyway in Kleineanzeige there are lots of good deal and lots of idiots. They should introduce a buyer feedback system, so you know if the seller has a brain and knows how to use it.

Yeah, going there and picking them up in person would have been my fav as well. Hopefully the PayPal buyer protection works if the worst happen, I'm still a bit scared.

DC1MC

Offline testpoint

• Regular Contributor
  • !
« Reply #15 on: March 26, 2018, 03:40:07 pm »
MX-5000 is NOT dual port simultaneous heating system, MX-5020 is, so the price may not so high

• Super Contributor
« Reply #16 on: March 26, 2018, 05:22:24 pm »
MX-5000 is NOT dual port simultaneous heating system, MX-5020 is, so the price may not so high

I don't need simultaneous dual port, I don't run a production line, it's just poor old me ;).
The problem was never here the price, but the fact that the seller refuses to sell with buyer protection.
And I don't want to (eventually) throw away some hundred euroins  :scared: and I really leave almost on the other side of the county :( or I would just travel there and picked them up in person.
Let's see what the member that offered help will manage to do.

Cheers,
 DC1MC

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf