Author Topic: SALE (AU): Aldi Parts Drawers  (Read 1421 times)

Offline TheGeologistTopic starter

• Contributor
SALE (AU): Aldi Parts Drawers
« on: February 16, 2019, 01:51:59 am »
Hello all,

A heads up.

Aldi have plastic parts drawers (33 small or small/large combo) for sale today.  20 bucks.  As good a quality as any other low cost component storage units I've seen.

Also vernier calipers with digital display for $20, with online reviews saying they're quite reasonable.

Both in stock today.

Cheers.

Edit: Photo might help, hey?  ;D
Edit v2: Also helps to read the rules.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2019, 02:19:07 am by TheGeologist »

The following users thanked this post: wasyoungonce

Offline digsys

• Supporter
    • DIGSYS
Re: SALE (AU): Aldi Parts Drawers
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2019, 02:30:29 am »
They look like the type that have no rear lip - to stop the drawer falling out when fully extended. Also, don't seem to have the 2x dividers / provision.
Petty limited / annoying without those features.
Hello <tap> <tap> .. is this thing on?

Offline Monkeh

• Super Contributor
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2019, 02:37:30 am »
You can see the dividers in the bottom. They're bright yellow. It's not a full complement, though.

As for the lip, no, which personally I prefer. They won't easily fall out and you can always.. not leave them waiting to succumb to gravity.

Offline TheGeologistTopic starter

• Contributor
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2019, 03:13:14 am »
Yeah, has dividers to separate the trays into three compartments and a small lip and catch so the trays can't fall out too easily.  If you pull them out square they come away unobstructed.

They've also have small label slots which I admit I'll never use as stick-on labels are the go.

Tac Eht Xilef

« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2019, 03:57:39 am »
Bought a set of the single drawers when they had them a couple of years ago, and my good lady partner saw & bought me a combo drawer unit this morning. They're pretty good for cheap drawers.

One nice thing about them is that they come with enough dividers for 1 per small draw (most others have enough for 1/2 or less). Another is the dividers have a triangular lip on each side that slots into a matching channel in the drawers (& sit in a matching channel across the bottom). Not perfect, but so far they've proved less prone to shifting & mixing parts in the same drawer than the usual 'just drop in' dividers.

They don't have a lip at the back, though  :(

(Bought a set of the calipers a couple of months back. Not great, took them back.)

The following users thanked this post: TheGeologist

Offline Cthulhoid

• Contributor
Re: SALE (AU + US): Aldi Parts Drawers
« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2019, 02:04:07 am »
Saw these today in Columbia, MD, USA; they had both a 17-drawer version (big drawers on either side and a column of small ones down the middle) and the 33-drawer one already mentioned. USD 10, so I guess that makes the Aussie tax only 15% or so after subtracting the Australian government's tax. Oh, and they're made in Germany.

I didn't see the calipers, but I'm going to have to look more closely. They could have been hiding amongst the clamps and such, but USD 10 digital calipers would be a steal.

Offline Monkeh

• Super Contributor
Re: SALE (AU + US): Aldi Parts Drawers
« Reply #6 on: March 23, 2019, 02:19:43 am »
I didn't see the calipers, but I'm going to have to look more closely. They could have been hiding amongst the clamps and such, but USD 10 digital calipers would be a steal.

They're not - same low cost stuff you can buy from China. They function, they eat batteries, the pair I bought a while back bind a bit and sometimes gain a 5.08mm offset while moving.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf