Author Topic: ARROW Providing Free Raspberry pi 3 B+ on Order above 50 USD  (Read 5325 times)

Online Ranayna

• Frequent Contributor
Re: ARROW Providing Free Raspberry pi 3 B+ on Order above 50 USD
« Reply #25 on: June 18, 2018, 06:30:42 am »
Could anyone who has successfully (i.e. had not to pay additional tax) gotten a DDP shipment from Arrow please check what the INCOTERMS on the invoice are?

I am reasonably sure that I selected DDP on checkout, I remember that the price went up at that point.
But my invoice is marked as DAP, and now I will have to pay about 25% of the value as tax when the package is finally delivered.

Offline RoadRunnerTopic starter

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #26 on: June 18, 2018, 08:09:12 am »
Could anyone who has successfully (i.e. had not to pay additional tax) gotten a DDP shipment from Arrow please check what the INCOTERMS on the invoice are?

I am reasonably sure that I selected DDP on checkout, I remember that the price went up at that point.
But my invoice is marked as DAP, and now I will have to pay about 25% of the value as tax when the package is finally delivered.

the email i received after shipment of the package had an PDF attached. PDF states terms as DAP ,Two shipement where there both of them were marked as DAP, i did not have to pay anything at all.

Offline julianhigginson

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #27 on: June 19, 2018, 12:50:31 am »
Just got my order in Australia. Everything shipped in one parcel.

The Amphenol SMA connector protectors I bought are actually the right thing! woohoo!
And I'm looking forward to bugging my own office with my new google AIY voice kit.
The pi 3B+ is supplied in a little RS box which is interesting.

Really the only thing arrow needs to do is sort out their website, and they would get a lot more business from me... As it is, I only order when they give away raspberry Pis,  and then I treat the free Pi as fair payment for dealing with their website.

Online Ranayna

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #28 on: June 20, 2018, 08:53:17 am »
Well, my package has finally been cleared by customs, after 10 days.
Should arrive tomorrow, I am very curious how much I will end up paying...

Offline Qw3rtzuiop

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #29 on: June 20, 2018, 09:55:28 am »
This ordered on the 17.6 for 47,47€ with the pi 3. I didnt recieved a confirmation mail of that order and DDP was unselected in the online order confirmation.
So i asked the live chat to change it. They changed it to DDP and later the packages were shipped.
They splitted the order in 3 packages. Two from the US and one from the NL.

Today both US packages arrived but DHL Express wanted me to pay 45€ (30€ Import Tax and 15€ service fee) for the bigger package.
The DHL guy suggested to reject the package and talk to the customs office. Probably the invoice on the package is incomplete.
If its incomplete they estimate a value of the goods and the shipping costs (around 150 € in this case). 

There is absolutly no reason for me to order there again. The parametric search is crap and the shipping too.

At least i get one package without paying DHL Express. It has the size of a shoebox. Inside are two Amphenol BNC 50 Ohm terminators :-DD
« Last Edit: June 20, 2018, 09:59:56 am by Qw3rtzuiop »

Offline Qw3rtzuiop

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #30 on: June 20, 2018, 11:45:49 am »
Now ive talked with a lot of customs agents. I need to pay the amount to recieve the tax reciept. Then im able to reclaim the money.

Edit: Arrow now paid the bill from DHL :-+
« Last Edit: January 15, 2019, 01:12:25 pm by Qw3rtzuiop »

Online Ranayna

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #31 on: June 20, 2018, 04:13:28 pm »
Well, false alarm apparently.  :phew:
Package arrived today, and no additional fee had to be paid. It seems that the DHL representative that contacted me was mistaken about the customs fees, and the big delay was caused by the fact that DHL needed confirmation that I am an individual and not a corporation.

EDIT: After checking the package, I can understand why DHL was in doubt whether I was a private person or not. While the packaging, if somewhat excessive, is still reasonable, there was so much legalese documentation included... One full page document for each position, and I ordered about 50 types of various SMD passives.
It is very obvious that hobbyists are not the primary marked for Arrow  ;D

The funniest thing though, is that everything, even the SMD resistors, is packed in an ESD bag (some components are even double packed), but the Raspberry Pi is just in carton box, without any (visible) ESD protection at all.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2018, 07:34:33 am by Ranayna »

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf