Author Topic: AUCTION [UK]: Lot 14526 - 10 x FV432 Type 1623 L5A1 Image Intensified Periscopes  (Read 4487 times)

Offline eliocor

• Supporter
    • rhodiatoce
NO OVERSEAS BIDS WILL BE ACCEPTED.

Offline PointyOintment

• Frequent Contributor
  • ↑ I scanned my face
probably because image intensifiers are advanced weapons according to governments
I refuse to use AD's LTspice or any other "free" software whose license agreement prohibits benchmarking it (which implies it's really bad) or publicly disclosing the existence of the agreement. Fortunately, I haven't agreed to that one, and those terms are public already.

Offline anotherlin

• Regular Contributor
"You are bidding on Direct from the UK Ministry Of Defence"  :palm:
Those periscopes look like direct out from a tank or other kind of armored vehicle.
I'm actually surprised that they even sell them.
"Lots of people have made $100K or more mistakes and didn't get the boot. It's called training, why fire them after such an expensive lesson?" -- EEVblog Electronics Community Forum

Offline TowgerTopic starter

• Super Contributor
You should have seen the helicopters they had for sale last month. Perfect for your small private army.

http://foxtrotalpha.jalopnik.com/big-military-surplus-helicopter-sale-starts-at-14-000-1765288238
« Last Edit: March 28, 2017, 08:53:06 am by Towger »

Offline Gyro

• Super Contributor
You should have seen the helicopters they had for sale last month.

Damn, missed those!  :palm:
Best Regards, Chris

Offline Monkeh

• Super Contributor
"You are bidding on Direct from the UK Ministry Of Defence"  :palm:
Those periscopes look like direct out from a tank or other kind of armored vehicle.
I'm actually surprised that they even sell them.

They are:

You can buy the whole FV432 if you want.

Offline Cerebus

• Super Contributor
They are:

You can buy the whole FV432 if you want.

I could have used one of those on Monday when some yahoo decided that swerving out from behind a bus onto the wrong side of the road without looking, when I was coming the other way, was a good idea. Nothing happened because I've good reactions and good brakes, but at the time I did suggest to SHMBO, who was next to me, that a little lightly armoured ex-MOD vehicle would have made it easy to teach the other fellow some manners simply by braking a little less enthusiastically.

Given the state of the roads around here, a tracked vehicle may soon be a necessity. Hmm, perhaps a bid is in order.
Anybody got a syringe I can use to squeeze the magic smoke back into this?

Offline Monkeh

• Super Contributor
I could have used one of those on Monday when some yahoo decided that swerving out from behind a bus onto the wrong side of the road without looking, when I was coming the other way, was a good idea. Nothing happened because I've good reactions and good brakes, but at the time I did suggest to SHMBO, who was next to me, that a little lightly armoured ex-MOD vehicle would have made it easy to teach the other fellow some manners simply by braking a little less enthusiastically.

Given the state of the roads around here, a tracked vehicle may soon be a necessity. Hmm, perhaps a bid is in order.

Did he indicate? America teaches us it's totally fine as long as he indicates.

Offline woodchips

• Frequent Contributor
Well, 9 out of 10 work fine, can't really complain.

Aren't they simple! Just the actual II, an objective lens, suitable PSU amd that it it. The prisms are redundant if putting in front of a camera, also reduce the weight by 50%. The objective lens also contains the mechanical iris so that needs to be used as well.

Only found a couple of useful web sites, anyone else have a data sheet please?

• Super Contributor
Any Photos?

Offline woodchips

• Frequent Contributor
Some photos.

The periscope with image intensifiers.
The two objective lens with iris inside.
The top prism, note the minor damage.
View through periscope with camera pressed against the eyepiece.

Shed is only about 8' deep so little out of focus, particulary on the 7603 scope.

The following users thanked this post: edavid

• Super Contributor
Thanks

Offline anotherlin

• Regular Contributor
Well, 9 out of 10 work fine, can't really complain.

You actually bought some ?
If so, what would be the purpose ?
Resell them to North Korea ?  >:D
"Lots of people have made $100K or more mistakes and didn't get the boot. It's called training, why fire them after such an expensive lesson?" -- EEVblog Electronics Community Forum

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf