Author Topic: AUCTION (US-Massachusetts) : Blackberry RF Test Gear  (Read 8143 times)

Offline jh15

• Frequent Contributor
Re: AUCTION (US-Massachusetts) : Blackberry RF Test Gear
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2017, 05:42:37 am »
Since I am a reasonable distance (Maine, place to stay in NH) is this worth pursuing because I would not need shipping of boat anchors? any deals to think of because of heaviness?
Tek 575 curve trcr top shape, Tek 535, Tek 465. Tek 545 Hickok clone, Tesla Model S,  Ohio Scientific c24P SBC, c-64's from club days, Giant electric bicycle, Rigol stuff, Heathkit AR-15's. Heathkit ET- 3400a trainer&interface. Starlink pizza.

Offline EEVblogTopic starter

• Administrator
    • EEVblog
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2017, 05:50:39 am »
Since I am a reasonable distance (Maine, place to stay in NH) is this worth pursuing because I would not need shipping of boat anchors? any deals to think of because of heaviness?

I see very few Boat Anchors on offer here.
If this was interstate in Australia I'd fly in for it.

Offline coromonadalix

• Super Contributor
« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2017, 09:50:33 am »
Wow  a load of good stuff,  from 9 am to 4 pm,  one day only,  400$ credit card deposit ...

Offline orion242

• Supporter
« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2017, 10:03:07 am »
Awesome find and right down the road.

Thanks for the heads up!

• Administrator
    • EEVblog
« Reply #5 on: June 07, 2017, 11:24:49 am »
Awesome find and right down the road.
Thanks for the heads up!

Have fun! and post photos of what your loot.
And do hang around until after the auction to see what they do with any unbid items, they might just bin them and you may be able to get them for free!

Offline orion242

• Supporter
« Reply #6 on: June 08, 2017, 01:18:01 am »
$400 will be charged to your card within an hour of registering.  Their sales guy will call as well.  Seemed nice enough, didn't have time to blab away.

They really just scrap unbid items at the end?  4pm traffic in that area is going to be a nightmare.  Mainly looking at the bench meters and power supplies.  Few general bits and bobs might strike my fancy.   RF stuff is well above anything I need or understand, but if a SA falls into the bin...  Really any of this stuff minus the PCs and 19" racks, I'll be happy to remove free of charge.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2017, 01:31:25 am by orion242 »

• Administrator
    • EEVblog
« Reply #7 on: June 08, 2017, 01:35:32 am »
$400 will be charged to your card within an hour of registering.  Their sales guy will call as well.  Seemed nice enough, didn't have time to blab away.

You get it back if you don't big on anything I presume?
Seems like a good thing to keep out the tyre kickers.

They really just scrap unbid items at the end? 

Some places do, don't know about this mob.

4pm traffic in that area is going to be a nightmare.  Mainly looking at the bench meters and power supplies.  Few general bits and bobs might strike my fancy.   RF stuff is well above anything I need or understand

If it goes cheap though an excellent opportunity to flip on ebay for a big profit.
Someone could probably makes tens of thousands of dollars profit if they ponied up enough cash to buy stuff. Beware the buyers premiums.

Offline orion242

• Supporter
« Reply #8 on: June 08, 2017, 02:05:46 am »
You get it back if you don't big on anything I presume?
Seems like a good thing to keep out the tyre kickers.

Exactly, its a BS/troll filter.

If it goes cheap though an excellent opportunity to flip on ebay for a big profit.

Looking at it that way.  If I score some cheap gear for myself its worth my time.  Low balling stuff I can flip a bonus.  Free stuff I can sucked up, happy to offer back here for what I have in it.

Offline usagi

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #9 on: June 08, 2017, 10:17:11 am »
some nice stuff there. the r&s cmu 200 is legit, but watch out for options that neuter the rf in max power.

also piles of 34401a's.

Offline jh15

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #10 on: June 09, 2017, 04:32:10 am »
should I take car or Honda element?  Maine with friends to dump stuff for later.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2017, 04:35:33 am by jh15 »
Tek 575 curve trcr top shape, Tek 535, Tek 465. Tek 545 Hickok clone, Tesla Model S,  Ohio Scientific c24P SBC, c-64's from club days, Giant electric bicycle, Rigol stuff, Heathkit AR-15's. Heathkit ET- 3400a trainer&interface. Starlink pizza.

Offline Safar

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #11 on: June 12, 2017, 05:24:41 am »
 :-// I can't even imagine how much it cost in first supplying

Free stuff I can sucked up, happy to offer back here for what I have in it.

You should take all for $400 max  :)
« Last Edit: June 12, 2017, 05:29:41 am by Safar »

Offline Myself

• Contributor
« Reply #12 on: June 14, 2017, 02:44:30 pm »
Detroit here, it's a 12-hour drive. If I win any bids at all, I hope I win a LOT of bids to make the trip worthwhile.

Drives me nuts that so many things are in lots. I don't need THREE rubidium frequency standards. If that's one of us bidding on the thing, hit me up privately and I'll buy a single unit off ya, eh?

• Administrator
    • EEVblog
« Reply #13 on: June 14, 2017, 02:52:30 pm »
Drives me nuts that so many things are in lots. I don't need THREE rubidium frequency standards.

Yes you do!
One to sell to pay for the one you bought, and another one to make some pocket money.

Offline CJay

• Super Contributor
« Reply #14 on: June 14, 2017, 02:55:35 pm »
Drives me nuts that so many things are in lots. I don't need THREE rubidium frequency standards.

Yes you do!
One to sell to pay for the one you bought, and another one to make some pocket money.

Nah, a man who has one frequency reference knows his test gear is accurate, a man who has two is never certain, if he has three then he's at risk of timenut insanity..

The following users thanked this post: Koen

Offline orion242

• Supporter
« Reply #15 on: June 14, 2017, 07:22:08 pm »
With the way some of this bidding is going...I might be trading a wife for a load of gear.

Offline nidlaX

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #16 on: June 14, 2017, 07:59:13 pm »
3 hours left and the prices are approaching eBay levels (before tax and buyer's premium), so this is now strictly a deal for local pickup only.

Offline orion242

• Supporter
« Reply #17 on: June 14, 2017, 09:13:41 pm »
yea.  had high hopes for the keithly 6221s.  price shot up to levels that equal divorce at this point.

Offline sokoloff

• Super Contributor
« Reply #18 on: June 14, 2017, 09:26:09 pm »
Wow. A few items where I thought I had a pretty solid bid in are at 2.5x what I bid, which means two different people agree that I was being a cheapskate...  :-//

Offline Myself

• Contributor
« Reply #19 on: June 14, 2017, 10:58:24 pm »
being a cheapskate...  :-//

Bargain hunter.

Anyway, I'm SUPER curious what happens to all the stuff in a place like that that doesn't end up in the auction. The cables, adapters, probes, connectors, cabinets of parts and bits and bobs. Does it sit around and then get dumpstered at some point? Or is there some lucky SOB who has an arrangement with the auction house to "dispose of" all the miscellany?

And if so, how do I get to be that guy? Heh.

Offline orion242

• Supporter
« Reply #20 on: June 14, 2017, 10:58:58 pm »
Scored a bit of kit.  Others the popcorn bidding was getting brutal, was anyone here bidding on the other R&S NGMO power supplies?

Walking away with 1x R&S NGMO 1x0 & 1x Aglient 66319D.  Was hoping for the 6221s would have went < $5-7K...was apparently dreaming.  They where left nearly untouched the for first 24hrs.

Offline orion242

• Supporter
« Reply #21 on: June 14, 2017, 11:07:31 pm »
Anyway, I'm SUPER curious what happens to all the stuff in a place like that that doesn't end up in the auction. The cables, adapters, probes, connectors, cabinets of parts and bits and bobs. Does it sit around and then get dumpstered at some point? Or is there some lucky SOB who has an arrangement with the auction house to "dispose of" all the miscellany?

Going to ask when I pickup my stuff.  You have 30 days to pickup, so when is "the last day"?  Might hit there tomorrow to pickup my stuff assuming they have everything processed and ready.

Offline sokoloff

• Super Contributor
« Reply #22 on: June 14, 2017, 11:16:26 pm »
Scored a bit of kit.  Others the popcorn bidding was getting brutal, was anyone here bidding on the other R&S NGMO power supplies?
I got lot 133 and a few other things. I was willing to go that high on 133 because that lot included a USB GPIB adapter that I was literally already shopping to buy, so I figure not buying that GPIB adapter paid for the power supply.

Was hoping for the 6221s would have went < $5-7K...was apparently dreaming.  They where left nearly untouched the for first 24hrs.
Yeah, I was hoping to pick them up cheap as well. Instead, I picked them up expensive...  >:D  8)

Offline orion242

• Supporter
« Reply #23 on: June 14, 2017, 11:28:00 pm »
Instead, I picked them up expensive...  >:D  8)

Those took off this afternoon.  Tossed it around the whole drive home, saw them @ $9k+ and it made the choice pretty easy.

So your the guy that robbed me of the dual output R&S supplies.  Was looking to sweep them all up.  Oh well, score one of the singles for cheap.

Offline CopperCone

• Super Contributor
  • *knock knock*
« Reply #24 on: June 15, 2017, 05:38:46 pm »
How do you get your 400$ deposit back? I did not bid (the prices were too high).  :wtf:

Offline sokoloff

• Super Contributor
« Reply #25 on: June 15, 2017, 06:29:54 pm »
Based on other, similar outfits, they'll auto-return it within a couple of days.

Offline mikeselectricstuff

• Super Contributor
    • Mike's Electric Stuff
« Reply #26 on: June 15, 2017, 06:40:51 pm »
being a cheapskate...  :-//

Bargain hunter.

And if so, how do I get to be that guy? Heh.
Depends, but can be useful to talk to the people running the show in person. They just need to clear the place. A lot of small stuff will be dumped, and chances are they'll be happy to let someone take it off their hands - just a matter of timing.
Youtube channel:Taking wierd stuff apart. Very apart.
Mike's Electric Stuff: High voltage, vintage electronics etc.
Day Job: Mostly LEDs

Offline thm_w

• Super Contributor
  • Non-expert
« Reply #27 on: June 15, 2017, 09:51:22 pm »

Walking away with 1x R&S NGMO 1x0 & 1x Aglient 66319D.  Was hoping for the 6221s would have went < $5-7K...was apparently dreaming.  They where left nearly untouched the for first 24hrs.

NGMO is a good PSU, can do current sinking too.
Please if you got any of the software/CDs with it send me a PM! thank you.

I started to write some software for it, but didn't get too far.
Profile -> Modify profile -> Look and Layout ->  Don't show users' signatures

Offline orion242

• Supporter
« Reply #28 on: June 24, 2017, 01:17:53 am »
Picked up today.  My loot was sitting right next to that rack of 6221s....taunting me.

NGMO didn't come with any software, just the unit and rack kit.  So far everything seems to check out with what I got.  No complaints other than the ridiculous amount of traffic to wad thru...

The following users thanked this post: thm_w

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf