Author Topic: .  (Read 6724 times)

Offline acarpenterTopic starter

• Contributor
« on: March 06, 2014, 11:53:21 am »
« Last Edit: July 25, 2014, 09:50:22 am by acarpenter »

Offline zapta

• Super Contributor
Re: BOFA International™ - Fume Extraction Technology (Video)
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2014, 02:04:34 pm »
It plays good music, I should get one for my car.

Offline Simon

• Global Moderator
  • Did that just blow up? No? might work after all !!
    • Simon's Electronics
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2014, 06:53:12 am »
so your selling this massive machine that would need all of my lab and leave no room for me to work. Good luck.

Offline codeboy2k

• Super Contributor
« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2014, 09:28:48 am »
what a stupid video.

Panning close ups in shadows like it's a BMW ....  and never showing it in operation .

That doesn't make me want to buy it ... Fail...

Don't spam the forums, send one to Dave or even that mjlorton guy. Your corporate wank videos are worthless, only real reviews count.

Yeah, ditto that.. send one to Dave or Martin (mjlorton) ...let's see it in action.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2014, 09:30:41 am by codeboy2k »

Offline Simon

• Global Moderator
    • Simon's Electronics
« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2014, 09:31:10 am »
That's the point i was trying to make, it make it look like some massive peice of machinery but who knows what it does. I got a moderator report from the op saying he felt threatened by one of the responses lol, told him to grow up.

Offline VK5RC

• Supporter
« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2014, 09:53:50 am »
It could well be a great product/s but nothing seen so far provides useful information, e.g. function, price or size.
The video is highly produced and a lot of effort has gone in to it, but surely it must be meant to be used mixed perhaps with some brochures at a trade show etc.
I would like to see an update from BOFA that provides at least some of this information, perhaps with some background of toxicity of solder fumes.
(A fellow ham and doctor did a case report study of hams in South Australia esp ones who do  a lot of soldering and did blood lead levels, see QEX Sept/Oct 2013).
I would be surprised if information about solder fumes and potential toxicity is not well known in an organisation that makes a solder fume extractor.
That would be of interest to many here I am sure, and I am sure members of this blogg would respect good effort that goes into good products.
Whoah! Watch where that landed we might need it later.

Offline Bored@Work

• Super Contributor
« Reply #6 on: March 09, 2014, 10:36:35 am »
I think it is very obvious that he is just here spamming for Etek Europe, only posting advertising videos. All his postings should be moved to the trash can.
I delete PMs unread. If you have something to say, say it in public.
For all else: Profile->[Modify Profile]Buddies/Ignore List->Edit Ignore List

Offline GeoffS

• Supporter
« Reply #7 on: March 09, 2014, 11:04:03 am »
From one of the OP's orginal posts:

Hello nice to be here

First of all i thought i would introduce myself, my name is Andrew & i have recently graduated from university with a BA honors in film-making and screenwriting.

BA in Arts - explains it all really  :)

Offline Bored@Work

• Super Contributor
« Reply #8 on: March 09, 2014, 11:27:53 am »

Probably harbors an arduino in the closet  ;)
I delete PMs unread. If you have something to say, say it in public.
For all else: Profile->[Modify Profile]Buddies/Ignore List->Edit Ignore List

Offline echen1024

• Super Contributor
  • 15 yo Future EE
« Reply #9 on: March 10, 2014, 03:11:53 am »

What's a soll-derr?
I'm not saying we should kill all stupid people. I'm just saying that we should remove all product safety labels and let natural selection do its work.

https://www.youtube.com/user/echen1024

Offline TheBorg

• Frequent Contributor
  • Hoping to start an EE degree soon...
« Reply #10 on: March 10, 2014, 03:17:55 am »

What's a soll-derr?

I'm pretty sure it connects to the internet. But I can only get it to send me test messages - I keep telling it to post to my twitter account but it never does!  :-//
Youtube Channel - Assimilated Circuits
We are Borg. You will be assimilated. Resistance is futile.

Offline echen1024

• Super Contributor
  • 15 yo Future EE
« Reply #11 on: March 10, 2014, 04:50:58 am »

What's a soll-derr?

I'm pretty sure it connects to the internet. But I can only get it to send me test messages - I keep telling it to post to my twitter account but it never does!  :-//
Now where's that playground I can go to for get help?  :-DD
I'm not saying we should kill all stupid people. I'm just saying that we should remove all product safety labels and let natural selection do its work.

https://www.youtube.com/user/echen1024

• Contributor
« Reply #12 on: March 10, 2014, 10:47:13 am »
Just to clarify i posted this video in the general chat section not the sell/buy section.The video description links directly to websites with more information if you wish to learn more about the product. Appreciate all the feedback. Kind regards

Offline Simon

• Global Moderator
    • Simon's Electronics
« Reply #13 on: March 10, 2014, 11:17:44 am »
Just to clarify i posted this video in the general chat section not the sell/buy section.The video description links directly to websites with more information if you wish to learn more about the product. Appreciate all the feedback. Kind regards

So you posted an advert/spam on the forum, the only way of turning it into something vaguely useful and not deleting it was to move it here. If you want to bring something to our attention posting some stupid video is not the way. Post a good video with some sort of write up, so you want us to find the video here, go to youtube and then from youtube to your website ????

• Contributor
« Reply #14 on: March 10, 2014, 12:03:36 pm »

So you posted an advert/spam on the forum, the only way of turning it into something vaguely useful and not deleting it was to move it here. If you want to bring something to our attention posting some stupid video is not the way. Post a good video with some sort of write up, so you want us to find the video here, go to youtube and then from youtube to your website ????

Hi Simon,

I posted within this section

"General Chat"

This is where everyone hangs out and rants and chats about whatever electronics topics that don't fit into the other more specific categories on this forum. Occasional off-topic stuff is ok, but generally we like to keep it electronics related.

My thread was about a fume extraction video with external links to more technical information for those who were interested in it... if that is considered spam

then i apologies and feel free to delete my thread.

Kind Regards.

Offline Simon

• Global Moderator
    • Simon's Electronics
« Reply #15 on: March 10, 2014, 12:12:06 pm »
A simple link from a user that has less than 100 posts tend to trigger a spam alert in the backs or most moderators minds. Like I said if you posted some content it would have been more interesting and relevant, trying to take the reader away from the forum is ill advised unless there is a really good reason and generally gets you suspected of spamming unless it comes with some relevant content and you can't bring what is on the link to the forum.

This is a technical user forum, our members could not give a rats arse about arty farty videos of products, a 240 pixel video of someone talking about the unit and demonstrating it would be more appreciated than 1080p HD art.

Offline Simon

• Global Moderator
    • Simon's Electronics
« Reply #16 on: March 10, 2014, 01:08:00 pm »
A simple link from a user that has less than 100 posts tend to trigger a spam alert in the backs or most moderators minds. Like I said if you posted some content it would have been more interesting and relevant, trying to take the reader away from the forum is ill advised unless there is a really good reason and generally gets you suspected of spamming unless it comes with some relevant content and you can't bring what is on the link to the forum.

This is a technical user forum, our members could not give a rats arse about arty farty videos of products, a 240 pixel video of someone talking about the unit and demonstrating it would be more appreciated than 1080p HD art.

Hence why i posted the video in the "general chat section"where, such things that may be considered off topic and not technical based can be shown?

regards

Just because it is a general off electronic chat forum does  not mean it is free to be spammed

Offline Kjelt

• Super Contributor
« Reply #17 on: March 10, 2014, 01:11:27 pm »
Just because it is a general off electronic chat forum does  not mean it is free to be spammed
If you as an admin rate this as spam what is holding you back to delete the entire topic?  :-//

What if this video was a sneak preview of the next generation Rigol or Agilent scopes with the same mystical videoshoot, would you still consider it spam? Probably the users would cheer and speculate on all the buttons etc.  ;)

What I am saying is that this is probably a grey area and since the topic of the video is electronics related it probably is a bit more then spam. Still I understand the users feelings, not interesting to see the whole forum flooded with this kind of video's.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2014, 01:14:01 pm by Kjelt »

Offline Simon

• Global Moderator
    • Simon's Electronics
« Reply #18 on: March 10, 2014, 01:29:02 pm »
If you as an admin rate this as spam what is holding you back to delete the entire topic?  :-//

What if this video was a sneak preview of the next generation Rigol or Agilent scopes with the same mystical videoshoot, would you still consider it spam? Probably the users would cheer and speculate on all the buttons etc.  ;)

What I am saying is that this is probably a grey area and since the topic of the video is electronics related it probably is a bit more then spam. Still I understand the users feelings, not interesting to see the whole forum flooded with this kind of video's.

That is why it ended up here, because it was decided it was a bit grey and was given the benefit of the doubt

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf