Author Topic: The Bad Shopping Experience Thread  (Read 398988 times)

Offline PlainName

• Super Contributor
Re: The Bad Shopping Experience Thread
« Reply #100 on: June 09, 2015, 10:28:35 am »
He may have confused you with another customer. But it's still his problem since he didn't send it to your registered Ebay/PayPal address and you should have no problem gettting a refund from Ebay.

Offline PlainName

• Super Contributor
« Reply #101 on: June 09, 2015, 10:50:01 am »
OK, does indeed sound like a dickwad :)

Offline Arlen Moulton2

• Regular Contributor
  • I cause mayhem
« Reply #102 on: June 09, 2015, 07:45:15 pm »
Do not buy from this seller friend2313

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/281673978219?_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

Claims it was delivered within 7 days from Hong Kong via recorded or registered delivery in YORK using the following tracking number RC865435048HK, I live in wales, its an obvious attempt to claim it was received when it wasn't.
i also live in wales

Offline videobruce

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #103 on: June 13, 2015, 12:24:12 pm »
Just think, if EVERYONE would stop purchasing from China since that's where the problems lie, what would the Chinese do then?  :clap:

Offline EdgeOfTheWorld

« Reply #104 on: August 07, 2015, 02:30:53 pm »
I want to buy a Hakko 888D here in England ,I have the money but I am not going to buy one and I hope the importers realize this, that charging double what it costs in the States  and every where else isn't going to cut it in this present economic crisis.This is the reason why people here are buying dodgy knock offs because they are so greedy.There is this unwritten law here that the "stupid English will pay". Well I won’t  I'll buy else where.The greedy sods have n,t got the brains to work out that success comes from high turn over . Yes I'm pissed!

PM sent.
Regards.
Tony.

Offline Arlen Moulton2

• Regular Contributor
  • I cause mayhem
« Reply #105 on: August 10, 2015, 08:59:35 am »
sounds like us brits are dumb |O

Offline rickselectricalprojects

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #106 on: August 22, 2015, 07:25:32 am »
I brought a uhf cb radio and the seller (they said they held it for be so no one else would get it) of gumtree and as we were driving out of the drive way i called them to get there address and they were very rude. Now i have there number i think a payphone prank call is needed!!![emoji48]

Offline GreyWoolfe

• Supporter
  • NW0LF
« Reply #107 on: August 23, 2015, 11:18:13 pm »
Do payphones still exist? I vaguely remember them-black boxes on a wall, usually missing handsets and the whole area smelling like urine for some reason.
"Heaven has been described as the place that once you get there all the dogs you ever loved run up to greet you."

Offline Deathwish

• Supporter
« Reply #108 on: August 23, 2015, 11:20:58 pm »
Do payphones still exist? I vaguely remember them-black boxes on a wall, usually missing handsets and the whole area smelling like urine for some reason.

I didnt realise you lived in the UK, thought it was America !.
Electrons are typically male, always looking for any hole to get into.
trying to strangle someone who talks out of their rectal cavity will fail, they can still breath.
God hates North Wales, he has put my home address on the blacklist of all couriers with instructions to divert all parcels.

Offline Fsck

• Super Contributor
  • sleep deprived
« Reply #109 on: August 23, 2015, 11:24:21 pm »

there are still a handful of them in my town
"This is a one line proof...if we start sufficiently far to the left."

Offline rickselectricalprojects

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #110 on: August 26, 2015, 02:38:53 am »
yes in Australia you do get a few of them, but they are very, very dirty and extremely expensive. people only use them is if they are smashed and lost there mobile phone and need to call a cab after a long night at the pub

Offline OldSchoolTechCorner

• Frequent Contributor
Re: 42nd Street Photo (New York City)
« Reply #111 on: September 06, 2015, 02:43:42 am »
I almost got screwed by placing a big order with a vendor that I should have known better.

I keep seeing ads from 42nd Street Photo for Sony HXR-NX5U cameras at a very low price, presumably because it is a discontinued model.  I had a nagging suspicion in the back of my mind that 42nd Street Photo was a sleazy vendor, but the deal was so good....

So I place an order for two of them, and they call me back asking about whether I wanted to specify signature required for delivery. I told them it depended on what day it was being delivered (since I work normal hours at the office). 

Then the guy says: Oh, by the way, you know this is a discontinued model.  Yes. I knew that. 

And These are "demonstrators which have not left the showroom".  Well, OK, but why do you have multiple units for "demonstration in the showroom"?   

Oh, he added, they don't include any accessories.  Well, reputable vendors keep the boxes, paperwork (including warranty), accessories, etc. for their "showroom demonstrator" gear.  I was prepared to buy the cameras even without the accessories because I don't need them anyway (except for the proprietary power connector which is also missing).

Then he said, Oh, and they don't come with warranty because they are discontinued.  Well, no. That is not true, even discontinued models are covered by full Sony warranty as I know from multiple first-hand experience.  Like from who?, they said.  Like from B&H, for example.  Oh, they said, B&H is an authorized dealer, and we aren't.  So who knows what these things are, and why they seem to have as many "demonstrators" as I want to buy?

Well, that was the last straw.  Sleazy vendor, questionable provenance, missing accessories un-authorized vendor, and no warranty.  It all added up to NO SALE, no matter how good the deal sounds.

Then, just now I got an email questionaire from Bizrate and I am letting them have it with both barrels.  Yes, Bizrate, feel free to share my feedback with 42nd Street Photo.

Sound like the same guy I dealt with "abe's of maine". They had a 65 inch 4k TV for a good price online, so order it and then a couple days later received a phone call about The TV I just bought was refurbish model and it having a different main board then the retail version, that the price was for a refurbish one had a non OEM board and no warranty, even when they never stated it was refurbish on there website I told them and they try to sell me the same model for more money and pretty much told them at that point to return my money and to go Fu#k themselves, that it clearly a scam.  I notice they have a few stores and websites and same bullsh#t they try to do the classic bait and switch scam. It more likely the same people.

http://www.yelp.com/biz/abes-of-maine-linden

http://www.consumeraffairs.com/homeowners/abes-of-maine.html

http://www.dpreview.com/forums/post/53466555

Offline miguelvp

• Super Contributor
« Reply #112 on: September 13, 2015, 10:49:55 pm »
yes in Australia you do get a few of them, but they are very, very dirty and extremely expensive. people only use them is if they are smashed and lost there mobile phone and need to call a cab after a long night at the pub

I'm in Florence Italy at the time (on vacation from my vacation to Spain) and they do have payphones that even take credit cards. I guess it is because some tourists don't have international phone/data plans when traveling.

« Last Edit: September 13, 2015, 10:52:28 pm by miguelvp »

Offline wiss

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #113 on: September 14, 2015, 06:50:58 pm »
Bought a few rotary switched of ebay the other day:

http://www.ebay.de/itm/161285645887?euid=e774cc42bb39477c9a3fb32b3376b66f&cp=1&exe=12793&ext=32586&sojTags=exe=exe,ext=ext

What I received do not have the ALPS engraving and the plating on the metal on the back side is coming off...

Seller: electricslee http://www.ebay.de/usr/electricslee?_trksid=p2047675.l2559

Offline SeanB

• Super Contributor
« Reply #114 on: September 14, 2015, 07:00:42 pm »
What they gave is ALPS- A Lot of Poor Scrap....

They might work if all you need is 5 operations and a lifetime measured in months.

Offline 0xdeadbeef

• Super Contributor
« Reply #115 on: September 14, 2015, 10:41:16 pm »
Just tried to buy a solder paste dispenser (982A) from a shop called Landelet in Italy.
Well, I mailed them yesterday and they didn't answer - which should have stopped me. But there were only two of the dispensers left in the store and this seemed to be my only chance to get the analog version from a European dealer (no customs hassle) for a somewhat reasonable price, so I ordered it anyway. Actually, when checking out, they offered me three shipping options from 12€ to 15€ which I found reasonable, so I chose the 15€ GLS option. Side note: I also got a quote from another Italian shop for a very similar item (~2kg) and they asked for 22€ for an express shipment to Germany.
So some time later I finally got an answer from the shop owner with an Indian sounding name and he demanded another 41€ for shipping. In addition to the 15€. So 56€ in sum.
I complained that I was not willing to pay for a flaw of his shop software. So this is what he replied:

1) He complained that I ordered even though he didn't answer my initial mail for a day.
2) He stated that this is the price GLS asked for 12kg delivery (where the item is only around 2kg).
3) He stated that his shop doesn't deliver outside Italy and there is no flaw. Even though you can enter your address outside Italy and select one of three delivery services for the given address.

Jesus Christ, I always thought that treating customers like crap was a typical German attitude.
Trying is the first step towards failure - Homer J. Simpson

Offline wiss

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #116 on: September 15, 2015, 03:21:43 pm »
What they gave is ALPS- A Lot of Poor Scrap....

They might work if all you need is 5 operations and a lifetime measured in months.

Sellers message:
Good day Jonas,

Appreciate your purchase of our goods, however, we notice that you leave negative feedback mentioning that we sent wrong item to you, really sorry for every inconvenience caused, our colleague must overlooked the title when collecting your order, please kindly advise whether you want us refund or resend correct good to you, if there is any question, please inform me, I will answer for you ASAP. Thank you.

Have a nice day.
Best regards,
Frank

I replied that I can take the loss of 15 USD and I will leave my feedback as it is as a warning to others  >:D

Offline Neganur

• Supporter
« Reply #117 on: September 15, 2015, 06:44:52 pm »
that's not really how the feedback system is intended to be used, you should have given him the chance of correcting the issue first.

Offline wraper

• Supporter
« Reply #118 on: September 15, 2015, 06:58:27 pm »
I replied that I can take the loss of 15 USD and I will leave my feedback as it is as a warning to others  >:D
Yeah, acting like a dick. Everyone can make a mistake, and this one seem to be. Willing to waste own money just to hurt someone. What matters is how seller deals with such situations. This is not even trying to deceive a custumer by selling a counterfeit for what negative feedback should be left. For every sane buyer it would already be obvious he got not what was ordered and not being deceived by looks of it.
Hopefully you never buy from me on ebay.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2015, 07:11:49 pm by wraper »

Offline Deathwish

• Supporter
« Reply #119 on: September 15, 2015, 07:10:52 pm »
my latest mess up on ebay with a certain courier co "borrowing" my goods is one thing, however the seller has been very helpful and has even shipped a replacement via HK post and I refuse to neg him for others mistakes. He was fast at sorting the problem out so why should I.
Electrons are typically male, always looking for any hole to get into.
trying to strangle someone who talks out of their rectal cavity will fail, they can still breath.
God hates North Wales, he has put my home address on the blacklist of all couriers with instructions to divert all parcels.

Offline Richard Crowley

• Super Contributor
  • KJ7YLK
« Reply #120 on: September 15, 2015, 08:01:01 pm »
Yeah, acting like a dick. Everyone can make a mistake, and this one seem to be. Willing to waste own money just to hurt someone. What matters is how seller deals with such situations. This is not even trying to deceive a custumer by selling a counterfeit for what negative feedback should be left. For every sane buyer it would already be obvious he got not what was ordered and not being deceived by looks of it.
Yeah, maybe.  If they pay for shipping the counterfeit back and promptly send the genuine article (which is what they advertised), that is one thing.  But you will have to admit that there are sellers who make a business of selling counterfeit goods who behave exactly like this. They make nice with their emails and feature photos of genuine merchandise, but I wouldn't trust them to take out my rubbish.

Offline wiss

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #121 on: September 15, 2015, 08:17:45 pm »
Yeah, maybe.  If they pay for shipping the counterfeit back and promptly send the genuine article (which is what they advertised), that is one thing.  But you will have to admit that there are sellers who make a business of selling counterfeit goods who behave exactly like this. They make nice with their emails and feature photos of genuine merchandise, but I wouldn't trust them to take out my rubbish.

If we follow local law, I have to pay return shipping, that will be 40 or 50 USD...
Assume that seller gives a full refund for everyone that complains, which will be 1 in 10? Seller still manages to rip off 9 out of 10 buyers and zero negative feedback.

Sure, it could be a mistake, yea right, what's the probability? Seller could be screwed by local staff packing the wrong stuff, that will be on seller then!

Had it been a private individual selling a used multimeter or GPIB-cables (been there!) I would bother to find out what went wrong! But not over labeled-as-new APLS switches for just a few dollars, I'm not interested in spending time on stuff like that, I give negative feedback, take the loss and move on!
I did spend 3 months figuring out that the German guy packed overweight for the 3 GPIB-cables I bought and I did not get the money back for that (package got returned to sender with a rather significant fee).

Offline wraper

• Supporter
« Reply #122 on: September 15, 2015, 08:45:42 pm »
If we follow local law, I have to pay return shipping, that will be 40 or 50 USD...
Assume that seller gives a full refund for everyone that complains, which will be 1 in 10? Seller still manages to rip off 9 out of 10 buyers and zero negative feedback.

Sure, it could be a mistake, yea right, what's the probability? Seller could be screwed by local staff packing the wrong stuff, that will be on seller then!

Had it been a private individual selling a used multimeter or GPIB-cables (been there!) I would bother to find out what went wrong! But not over labeled-as-new APLS switches for just a few dollars, I'm not interested in spending time on stuff like that, I give negative feedback, take the loss and move on!
I did spend 3 months figuring out that the German guy packed overweight for the 3 GPIB-cables I bought and I did not get the money back for that (package got returned to sender with a rather significant fee).
I guess seller wouldn't even ask to return them. You didn't even give him a chance. Also don't write nonsense about $ 40-50 for a such a small package, http://www.postnord.se/en/english/postage-and-prices/Pages/postage-rates-for-international-mail-outside-europe.aspx
I guess they'll fit under 100g -> SEK 30 = U$3.60
at worst < 250 g -> SEK 60
I'm not interested in spending time on stuff like that
Yet had a time to intentionally hurt a seller and posting in this tread (more time than send a message to seller) = acting like a douche.
Assume that seller gives a full refund for everyone that complains, which will be 1 in 10
That works only with counterfeit items which look like genuine stuff. Considering amount of switches he sold, it's very unlikely that he sent non alps switches to everyone and got away with it.

Offline wiss

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #123 on: September 15, 2015, 09:02:12 pm »

I guess seller wouldn't even ask to return them. You didn't even give him a chance.

Possibly, but that would be several messages back and forth with a turnaround time of 24 h.

Also don't write nonsense about $ 40-50 for a such a small package, http://www.postnord.se/en/english/postage-and-prices/Pages/postage-rates-for-international-mail-outside-europe.aspx
I guess they'll fit under 100g -> SEK 30 = U$3.60
at worst < 250 g -> SEK 60

That was for how the seller of a broken dashcam wanted me to return it, more than 250 g and bulky and rek, for these you'd have to add bulky, 14 sek, and hope that they get there...

I'm not interested in spending time on stuff like that
Yet had a time to intentionally hurt a seller and posting in this tread (more time than send a message to seller) = acting like a douche.

One single message on ebay and done, posting here doesn't count! I do that anyway.

Assume that seller gives a full refund for everyone that complains, which will be 1 in 10
That works only with counterfeit items which look like genuine stuff. Considering amount of switches he sold, it's very unlikely that he sent non alps switches to everyone and got away with it.

Well, then the seller only get one (extra) bad review out of 6000 positive, won't matter that much...

I agree that I was not particularly nice to the seller!

Offline wraper

• Supporter
« Reply #124 on: September 15, 2015, 09:27:12 pm »
Possibly, but that would be several messages back and forth with a turnaround time of 24 h.
For example, today I've got a request opened that item didn't arrive and 4 weeks already passed. Checked the tracking and seems that it was lost once arrived to Germany. Sent the message if he wants refund or to resend the item. He said that wants it being reshipped so I resent it the same day. Two messages from him in total. Needless to say, If he left me a negative feedback saying "scammer - never shipped the item", it won't do anything good to anyone.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2015, 10:22:59 pm by wraper »

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf