Author Topic: Deal alert! uni-t UT210E US $17.27 on ebay!  (Read 38530 times)

Offline bitseeker

• Super Contributor
  • Lots of engineer-tweakable parts inside!
Re: Deal alert! uni-t UT210E US $17.27 on ebay!
« Reply #175 on: October 13, 2017, 11:21:26 pm »
Maybe the box was packed with pure helium: prevents corrosion, reduces fuel consumption, and is better for the environment. :-DD

Disclaimer: I fill my tires with 78.084% nitrogen, 20.946% oxygen, 0.9340% argon, 0.0407% carbon dioxide, and small amounts of other gases including helium (0.000524%).
TEA is the way. | TEA Time channel

The following users thanked this post: SeanB

Offline cdev

• Super Contributor
  • !
« Reply #176 on: October 13, 2017, 11:34:15 pm »
You should take a screenshot of that info while you have access to it, blur out any identifying info you want to blur, send it to ebay, and post it here.

Tracking for "my" meter doesn't show exact destination, but it shows weight of the item. It is 90g. Meter alone is about 200g.
"What the large print giveth, the small print taketh away."

Offline bitseeker

• Super Contributor

Online PA0PBZ

• Super Contributor
« Reply #178 on: October 15, 2017, 02:23:24 pm »
Although I had to wait till mid November for the shipping window to close I decided to file an Item not received anyway.
I stated Scam, listing removed and Other buyers got their money back already.
The seller responded to Ebay and they decided to pay me back in full, all in one day.
I'd like to see the sellers response but you can't have everything I guess...
Keyboard error: Press F1 to continue.

Offline cdev

• Super Contributor
  • !
« Reply #179 on: October 15, 2017, 02:41:11 pm »
I got my money back a while ago. There is a nonzero possibility the seller is a victim of identity theft, I suppose.

Ebay could I suppose contact buyers who haven't checked in and ask them if they received a UT210E and perhaps also should check with the carriers to see if the weight was consistent with the package.

I am sure their volume is high enough so if they did do that it would keep a lot of people employed. Letting software do these kinds of things is fraught with problems.

Its not unreasonable to assume that scam sellers might have some partners in other countries that could claim to have received a meter and "be happy" with it.

Although I had to wait till mid November for the shipping window to close I decided to file an Item not received anyway.
I stated Scam, listing removed and Other buyers got their money back already.
The seller responded to Ebay and they decided to pay me back in full, all in one day.
I'd like to see the sellers response but you can't have everything I guess...

« Last Edit: October 15, 2017, 04:32:43 pm by cdev »

Offline IAmBack

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #180 on: October 17, 2017, 03:43:16 pm »
You should take a screenshot of that info while you have access to it, blur out any identifying info you want to blur, send it to ebay, and post it here.

Tracking for "my" meter doesn't show exact destination, but it shows weight of the item. It is 90g. Meter alone is about 200g.
Here You are :)
BTW, I got refund today, and tracking number gone...

Offline ez24

• Super Contributor
  • L.D.A.
« Reply #181 on: October 17, 2017, 05:28:25 pm »
Got my refund from seller yesterday.

So it looks like the seller makes money by those that do not request refunds.
YouTube and Website Electronic Resources ------>  https://www.eevblog.com/forum/other-blog-specific/a/msg1341166/#msg1341166

Offline bitseeker

• Super Contributor
« Reply #182 on: October 17, 2017, 06:05:33 pm »
Exactly. It's not a large amount for one item, so one can imagine that there are enough buyers who don't bother to initiate a refund to make it worthwhile carrying out the scam. Take into account the cost of living difference and they've got a good racket going.

Offline _Wim_

• Super Contributor
« Reply #183 on: October 17, 2017, 06:48:30 pm »
Also got the refund today without any issues. Seems indeed the strategy is hoping not everybody tries to get its moeny back...

Offline IAmBack

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #184 on: October 17, 2017, 09:35:48 pm »
My refund "looks" different than other cases, when I got my money back... So maybe it is refunded by Ebay, not by the seller... But anyway, this looks different to everything I've met on Ebay (and once even I've been refunded without any action from my side).
Anyway: any reliable source to buy this meter for under $20? :)

Offline bitseeker

• Super Contributor
« Reply #185 on: October 18, 2017, 12:07:17 am »
I'm not aware of a legitimate source for under $20. The low price is around $30. You could wait for the 11/11 sale and see if any of the Chinese online retailers get down that far in price.

The following users thanked this post: cdev

Offline cdev

• Super Contributor
  • !
« Reply #186 on: October 18, 2017, 12:53:50 am »
It sure would be interesting to get the seller's side of the story!

I'm not saying that they would be likely to be truthful, but it would be interesting to hear what they told ebay, especially.

Offline Brumby

• Supporter
« Reply #187 on: October 18, 2017, 01:07:06 am »
It sure would be interesting to get the seller's side of the story!

I'm not saying that they would be likely to be truthful, but it would be interesting to hear what they told ebay, especially.

I have no interest in what they would say - and I wouldn't suggest anyone else torture themselves over it, either.  It's a scam and scammers will lie to suit their own needs.  I don't need to examine the bullshit in detail to know it's bullshit.  The smell is enough.

As has been said, these scammers will make money from those who don't chase it up and they will immediately refund anyone who does, which will lower their signal on eBay's radar.

Have I "bought" something too good to be true?  Yes I have - and I expected what I got ... nothing.  Why do I do it?  Well... there's always the off chance it might be real and with the buyer protection available, it's not a big risk.  Was I interested in this meter at this price?  Absolutely - but since there were already signs of non-fulfillment with other members, I didn't need to test the waters myself.

Offline et328

• Contributor
« Reply #188 on: October 18, 2017, 05:55:17 am »
Tracking now shows that my package of "something" has arrived over here. So next week I'll know where it goes. All foreign mail arrives at the same location, so no clues yet.

Looks like my "meter" package is stuck in the main post center. Maybe the seller used a zip code that doesn't exist. I'll wait few more days and contact eBay.

Offline et328

• Contributor
« Reply #189 on: October 19, 2017, 05:04:43 am »
Looks like my "meter" package is stuck in the main post center. Maybe the seller used a zip code that doesn't exist. I'll wait few more days and contact eBay.

My "meter" was yesterday delivered to someone 250km from here. So I guess it's not coming...

Offline ovnr

• Frequent Contributor
  • Lurker
« Reply #190 on: October 19, 2017, 10:20:06 am »
I got my refund a couple days ago. eBay intervened immediately (...ish) after filing the not received claim; the seller didn't do anything.

Offline et328

• Contributor
« Reply #191 on: October 19, 2017, 06:59:39 pm »
I also just got refund decision from eBay, pretty fast: less than 12 hours after I opened the case. Looks like eBay doesn't actually wait for the "seller" to respond and the whole process goes almost automatically. I think seller's account and remaining funds are frozen.

Luckily I already own a UT210E but I would have been nice to have a (cheap) spare one.

Offline mauroh

• Frequent Contributor
    • Mauro Pintus
« Reply #192 on: November 13, 2017, 01:03:19 pm »
After 54 days the "deal" was delivered in the wrong city so the tracking number was real, but of something different, sent to someone else...

The GOOD NEWS is that in the mean time I received my refund and ordered the meter from another ebay seller (paid US $30.25, EUR 25,94) and after 31 days, it was delivered to ME!!!  :-+

I already opened it and inside it got a DM1106EN.
I'll try the eeprom settings suggested by stj in the following thread to convert it to 10000 counts and let you know in that thread how it will go.

https://www.eevblog.com/forum/testgear/a-look-at-the-uni-t-ut210e/msg1302533/#msg1302533

Mauro

Offline cdev

• Super Contributor
  • !
« Reply #193 on: November 13, 2017, 02:16:28 pm »
I ended up purchasing a UT210E from a local seller for $30. Its a nice meter to have. It arrived in three days and works great. I am trying to use it to diagnose my humming power supply to see if there is anything I can do to make my nice but noisy old Sorensen supply hum less.

So far no luck with figuring out the hum, as everything with it seems normal (the old transformers varnish likely just dried out and it needs vacuum impregnation) but still its very very cool being able to measure what current is going through wires without disconnecting them at all.

Also it has non contact voltage indicator which makes work with any kind of mains wiring or high voltage much safer.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2017, 10:01:57 pm by cdev »

Online rsjsouza

• Super Contributor
  • Eternally curious
    • Vbe - vídeo blog eletrônico
Vbe - vídeo blog eletrônico http://videos.vbeletronico.com

Oh, the "whys" of the datasheets... The information is there not to be an axiomatic truth, but instead each speck of data must be slowly inhaled while carefully performing a deep search inside oneself to find the true metaphysical sense...

Offline bitseeker

• Super Contributor
« Reply #195 on: December 01, 2017, 09:45:17 pm »
Oh, noze. Too cheap, over 100 sold and only 1 feedback...so far. Prepare for the flood of negative feedback. Is it just me or does eBay seem to have a lot more of this and hacked Power Seller accounts recently?

Offline imidis

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #196 on: December 01, 2017, 09:55:31 pm »
Ebay seems to have a lot of that. If it's too good to be true...  :-//
Gone for good

Offline Brumby

• Supporter
« Reply #197 on: December 02, 2017, 12:58:22 pm »
Listing has been pulled.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf