Author Topic: Deal alert! uni-t UT210E US $17.27 on ebay!  (Read 38624 times)

Offline cdev

• Super Contributor
  • !
Re: Deal alert! uni-t UT210E US $17.27 on ebay!
« Reply #150 on: October 09, 2017, 11:13:42 pm »
People from this community are likely quite vigilant and engaged as buyers go.

Fraudulent sellers likely prey upon those who buy something and then don't notice or at least don't complain if it never shows up- and also don't visit the ebay site to track their purchases.

"What the large print giveth, the small print taketh away."

Offline neslekkim

• Super Contributor
« Reply #151 on: October 12, 2017, 07:41:29 pm »
Ebay refunded me in full now, I ordered the mituyi incase it was ok, but as others, nothing was shipped.
Got an trackinnumber, but that was for someone else :)

Offline et328

• Contributor
« Reply #152 on: October 12, 2017, 08:06:21 pm »
The seller now has one positive feedback from someone who bought three UT210E meters. So there actually were some meters available? Weird stuff.
My "meter" package still has this latest tracking data: "2017-09-24 07:52 Shanghai Pudong, left". Destination country is correct, so I guess "something" should arrive to someone over here.

Offline TK

• Super Contributor
  • I am a Systems Analyst who plays with Electronics
« Reply #153 on: October 12, 2017, 08:31:52 pm »
I received full refund from eBay today. 

Offline ovnr

• Frequent Contributor
  • Lurker
« Reply #154 on: October 12, 2017, 08:43:57 pm »
I ended up ordering one earlier, and my item also ended up somewhere completely wrong and was delivered to someone. I expect the seller reuses tracking numbers.

eBay case has been opened, expect they'll refund me.

Offline cdev

• Super Contributor
  • !
« Reply #155 on: October 12, 2017, 08:44:23 pm »
That sounds like possibly a fake review because Ebay were only letting people buy one every ten days.

If you read back through the posts you'll find more on that.

The seller now has one positive feedback from someone who bought three UT210E meters. So there actually were some meters available? Weird stuff.
My "meter" package still has this latest tracking data: "2017-09-24 07:52 Shanghai Pudong, left". Destination country is correct, so I guess "something" should arrive to someone over here.
"What the large print giveth, the small print taketh away."

Offline RGB255_0_0

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #156 on: October 12, 2017, 09:13:31 pm »
Currently, one tracking number likely is being given to multiple recipients..
Ebay does not allow uploading same tracking number more than one time, you will get error message when trying to do so. I would guess those could be goods sold on other platform like aliexpress or maybe from different ebay account.
He's selling the 99c toys and sending with tracking. Then uses the tracking numbers for the meters.
Your toaster just set fire to an African child over TCP.

Offline ez24

• Super Contributor
  • L.D.A.
« Reply #157 on: October 12, 2017, 09:23:02 pm »
Do you have to wait until it is delivered somewhere before a complaint is filed?  tks
YouTube and Website Electronic Resources ------>  https://www.eevblog.com/forum/other-blog-specific/a/msg1341166/#msg1341166

Offline TK

• Super Contributor
« Reply #158 on: October 12, 2017, 10:21:23 pm »
Do you have to wait until it is delivered somewhere before a complaint is filed?  tks
In my case I opened the case even when it was not completed the delivery to the wrong address... eBay asked me to wait but then suddenly they removed the listing and gave priority to the case that I opened and issued the refund without any other interaction with them.  Open the item not received case as soon as possible.

« Last Edit: October 12, 2017, 10:27:49 pm by TK »

Offline ez24

• Super Contributor
  • L.D.A.
« Reply #159 on: October 12, 2017, 10:33:13 pm »
I have these choices:

---------------
Choose from these popular issues

I didn't receive my item
    I received an item that wasn't as described
    I want to cancel a purchase
    I want to return this item
--------------

I picked "I want to cancel a purchase" and got a message that I did not buy the item.  I figure it is going to be a fight.
My last experience with trying to get a refund with eBay was hell on earth.

YouTube and Website Electronic Resources ------>  https://www.eevblog.com/forum/other-blog-specific/a/msg1341166/#msg1341166

Offline TK

• Super Contributor
« Reply #160 on: October 12, 2017, 10:53:54 pm »
I have these choices:

---------------

I didn't receive my item
--------------

I picked "I want to cancel a purchase" and got a message that I did not buy the item.  I figure it is going to be a fight.
Do you see it in your Purchase History screen?  Have you checked your paypal account?  Maybe it was already cancelled or it never went through and your money is still there...

Offline mauroh

• Frequent Contributor
    • Mauro Pintus
« Reply #161 on: October 12, 2017, 11:25:51 pm »
Just received the full refund.
I opened a dispute on eBay selecting "I didn't received the item" and explained to the seller thet the shipment is taking more than expected.
The seller didn't respond in 3 days and eBay stepped in refunding me immediately.

I ordered another one few days ago from another seller and should be here soon.
Mauro

Offline ez24

• Super Contributor
  • L.D.A.
« Reply #162 on: October 12, 2017, 11:34:23 pm »
Do you see it in your Purchase History screen?  - Yes

Have you checked your paypal account?  - I paid

Maybe it was already cancelled or it never went through and your money is still there...   - Not cancelled nor money

I will wait until it is delivered to Tenn  (I live in Calif). But it is taking a long time to go from Fl to Tn.

Offline Specmaster

• Super Contributor
« Reply #163 on: October 12, 2017, 11:37:15 pm »
Do you see it in your Purchase History screen?  - Yes

Have you checked your paypal account?  - I paid

Maybe it was already cancelled or it never went through and your money is still there...   - Not cancelled nor money

I will wait until it is delivered to Tenn  (I live in Calif). But it is taking a long time to go from Fl to Tn.
Change your claim from I want to cancel, to Item not received and you should get a refund, I have always found that Ebay will back you as buyer before they back a seller.
Who let Murphy in?

Brymen-Fluke-HP-Thurlby-Thander-Tek-Extech-Black Star-GW-Avo-Kyoritsu-Amprobe-ITT-Robin-TTi

Offline et328

• Contributor
« Reply #164 on: October 13, 2017, 05:10:45 am »
Maybe this item is different since it was removed and there already are refunds etc. But previously I haven't been able to open an item not received case until last delivery date had passed. My meter has delivery window between 16th of october to 17th of november. So still a long wait ahead. It's not even the first day of the promised delivery date.

Online edavid

• Super Contributor
« Reply #165 on: October 13, 2017, 05:48:28 am »
But previously I haven't been able to open an item not received case until last delivery date had passed. My meter has delivery window between 16th of october to 17th of november. So still a long wait ahead. It's not even the first day of the promised delivery date.

The exception is that once an item shows as delivered in eBay's system, you can open an item not received case.  US buyers got a nice EMS tracking number that was "delivered" quickly.  What kind of bogus tracking number did you get?

Offline et328

• Contributor
« Reply #166 on: October 13, 2017, 05:56:11 am »
What kind of bogus tracking number did you get?
My tracking number is for a registered package via China Post.

Offline mauroh

• Frequent Contributor
    • Mauro Pintus
« Reply #167 on: October 13, 2017, 08:34:08 am »
My delivery period will end at mid november, my item is in transit and my tracking number is active, but I claimed "didn't received the item" just because I know it is a Scam and at this point eBay is already aware of it. Didn't mention anything in the claim, just my opinion on the unusual delay on the delivery and a request to check.
As soon as the seller didn't respond in the expected 3 days, eBay refunded me immediately without further explanation required.

Mauro

Offline neslekkim

• Super Contributor
« Reply #168 on: October 13, 2017, 11:31:54 am »
I ended up ordering one earlier, and my item also ended up somewhere completely wrong and was delivered to someone. I expect the seller reuses tracking numbers.

eBay case has been opened, expect they'll refund me.

Was that trackingnumber for an package in Norway?

The trackingnumber I got, was for an norwegian delivery, strangely enough.

Offline Brumby

• Supporter
« Reply #169 on: October 13, 2017, 11:59:38 am »
I have these choices:

---------------

I didn't receive my item
--------------

Wrong option.

The "I want to cancel a purchase" option is for when you have done the "Buy it Now" but haven't paid for it.  As far as eBay is concerned, you don't have any such transactions.

You should use the "I didn't receive my item" option.  EBay will make you wait until the latest Expected Delivery Date has passed, but then you can open the case.

When eBay acts on a fraudulent listing, things can happen much more quickly.

Offline ez24

• Super Contributor
  • L.D.A.
« Reply #170 on: October 13, 2017, 04:23:20 pm »
Well something finally arrived in TN (I live in CA) so now I will try again for a refund:
Kodak is so small I probably just could look up someone there and they would know what it was.

-----------------------
ARRIVAL AT UNIT

Oct-13-17, 05:45 AM, KODAK, TN 37764
-----------------------

So I started following directions and had to leave a message to seller.  To keep things civil I just said "Something was delivered to the wrong address".  Sure wanted to say something else.  Then this message:

Hang tight, you should hear back from the seller soon
If you don't hear back by Oct. 19, or if there's a problem, you can ask us to step in and help on that day.

I would like to know how the seller was able to change their feedback.  Now that system cannot be trusted.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2017, 04:42:31 pm by ez24 »

Offline Specmaster

• Super Contributor
« Reply #171 on: October 13, 2017, 05:20:48 pm »
Well something finally arrived in TN (I live in CA) so now I will try again for a refund:
Kodak is so small I probably just could look up someone there and they would know what it was.

-----------------------
ARRIVAL AT UNIT

Oct-13-17, 05:45 AM, KODAK, TN 37764
-----------------------

So I started following directions and had to leave a message to seller.  To keep things civil I just said "Something was delivered to the wrong address".  Sure wanted to say something else.  Then this message:

Hang tight, you should hear back from the seller soon
If you don't hear back by Oct. 19, or if there's a problem, you can ask us to step in and help on that day.

I would like to know how the seller was able to change their feedback.  Now that system cannot be trusted.
The message you got is the genuine one from Ebay and so your refund process has began. The seller is not likely to respond within the 3 days are they? They certainly haven't in the other peoples cases, so I fully expect that on the 19th or before you'll get a full refund.

Just how that feedback rating was altered is a mystery to us all, lets hope they can close the wormhole that they must have used to do it and do it soon.
Who let Murphy in?

Brymen-Fluke-HP-Thurlby-Thander-Tek-Extech-Black Star-GW-Avo-Kyoritsu-Amprobe-ITT-Robin-TTi

Online edavid

• Super Contributor
« Reply #172 on: October 13, 2017, 05:28:16 pm »
The message you got is the genuine one from Ebay and so your refund process has began. The seller is not likely to respond within the 3 days are they? They certainly haven't in the other peoples cases, so I fully expect that on the 19th or before you'll get a full refund.

In my case, the seller issued the refund within 1 day, so I did not (and could not) escalate the case to eBay.

Just how that feedback rating was altered is a mystery to us all, lets hope they can close the wormhole that they must have used to do it and do it soon.

They probably claimed the account was hacked.

BTW, they no longer have any items listed for sale.

Meanwhile, the $18 seller (probably the same person) is down to 90% feedback rating, I'm surprised they are still in business:

https://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewFeedback2&userid=9527-0&iid=272855056206&de=off&items=25&searchInterval=30&which=negative&interval=365&_trkparms=negative_365
« Last Edit: October 13, 2017, 05:34:29 pm by edavid »

Offline et328

• Contributor
« Reply #173 on: October 13, 2017, 08:53:07 pm »
Tracking now shows that my package of "something" has arrived over here. So next week I'll know where it goes. All foreign mail arrives at the same location, so no clues yet.

Offline IAmBack

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #174 on: October 13, 2017, 10:55:59 pm »
Tracking for "my" meter doesn't show exact destination, but it shows weight of the item. It is 90g. Meter alone is about 200g.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf