Author Topic: SOLD EBAY: Keysight MSOX3104T, location Germany/Europe, €3499 reserve  (Read 8522 times)

Offline univTopic starter

• Contributor
Just wanted to let you know, that I'm selling my barely used MSOX3104T scope, as it's much more of a scope than I have use for (and I need the money).
If €3499 (reserve) or €4999 (buy now) seems like a fair price for a perfectly fine Touchscreen 1Ghz 4 channel mixed signal scope, you might want to take a look:
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Keysight-MSOX3104T-Oszilloskop-4-16-Kanal-Touch-Screen-1-GHz-5-GSa-s-/252578197403
Thanks in advance for reading, sharing and discussing!

« Last Edit: October 20, 2016, 12:47:41 pm by univ »

Offline jancumps

• Supporter
  • New Low
Re: EBAY: Keysight MSOX3104T, location Germany/Europe, €3499 reserve
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2016, 01:31:10 pm »
Is it one from last year's Scope Month?

Offline HighVoltage

• Super Contributor
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2016, 01:31:20 pm »
€3499 seems to be fair for this scope and you will probably sell it for that price.
But keep in mind, Germans are on fall holidays right now.
There are 3 kinds of people in this world, those who can count and those who can not.

The following users thanked this post: univ

• Contributor
« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2016, 01:43:17 pm »
Is it one from last year's Scope Month?
Yes, I got it thanks to Scope Month, but just this year.

The following users thanked this post: jancumps

• Contributor
« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2016, 12:04:52 pm »
€3499 seems to be fair for this scope and you will probably sell it for that price.
But keep in mind, Germans are on fall holidays right now.
24h left, and your 3499€ estimate is spot-on. :-+ I wouldn't mind if it would sell for a bit more, though. :-/O

Offline nctnico

• Super Contributor
    • NCT Developments
« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2016, 02:39:07 pm »
Don't rule out a sniper fight at the end of the auction and stupid offers due to auction fever. I'd be surprised if the price stays where it is at now.
There are small lies, big lies and then there is what is on the screen of your oscilloscope.

Offline trevwhite

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #6 on: October 19, 2016, 03:07:13 pm »
I think its got some movement yet. It appears to have those nice expensive MSO cables with it. My guess is it reaches 4000 euros easy.

Offline Augustus

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #7 on: October 19, 2016, 03:39:24 pm »
If you're from Germany, have you asked Rosenkranz-Elektronik for an offer? According to their website they are one of Keysights "Trade in" Partners for used T&M gear. You probably would get significantly more than 3500€ for that scope...

http://www.rosenkranz-elektronik.com/
Greetings from the Black Forest, Germany

Offline kaz911

• Super Contributor
« Reply #8 on: October 19, 2016, 04:50:35 pm »
If you're from Germany, have you asked Rosenkranz-Elektronik for an offer? According to their website they are one of Keysights "Trade in" Partners for used T&M gear. You probably would get significantly more than 3500€ for that scope...

I don't think they would offer a lot more - Keysight are selling them for about $6500 premium refurbished with new cal certificate and with full 3y warranty -  but shipping and duty inclusive for most parts of the western world. No 2nd hand shop would offer more than about 40-50% of current 2nd hand market rate - especially when no VAT invoice is available. They would need to sell it for less than Keysight - and would have to add/include provision for VAT. So I do not think they would offer much more than about Euro 3000,- for it (which is 50% of Keysight current price for fully refurbished)

• Contributor
« Reply #9 on: October 19, 2016, 07:33:06 pm »

I don't think they would offer a lot more - Keysight are selling them for about $6500 premium refurbished with new cal certificate and with full 3y warranty -  but shipping and duty inclusive for most parts of the western world. No 2nd hand shop would offer more than about 40-50% of current 2nd hand market rate - especially when no VAT invoice is available. They would need to sell it for less than Keysight - and would have to add/include provision for VAT. So I do not think they would offer much more than about Euro 3000,- for it (which is 50% of Keysight current price for fully refurbished)
I guess it's too late to contact Rosenkranz anyway.
Regarding warranty and calibration, I think it's not much worse than with an official reseller: Keysight warranty is valid until october 2019, and the calibration certificate dates from from april 2016.

• Contributor
« Reply #10 on: October 20, 2016, 12:31:37 pm »
One last bump for those interested in an MSOX3104T for €4022: 10 minutes left

Offline Zucca

• Supporter
  • EE meid in Itali
Re: SOLD EBAY: Keysight MSOX3104T, location Germany/Europe, €3499 reserve
« Reply #11 on: October 20, 2016, 03:08:13 pm »
Now I want to win a scope next year
Can't know what you don't love. St. Augustine
Can't love what you don't know. Zucca

Offline bitslice

• Frequent Contributor
  • !
« Reply #12 on: October 20, 2016, 04:50:58 pm »
Someone with zero feedback was bidding high, probably that Nigerian Prince with a line of Swiss credit,
dodged a bullet there maybe.

Offline RoadRunner

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #13 on: October 20, 2016, 06:38:53 pm »
Someone with zero feedback was bidding high, probably that Nigerian Prince with a line of Swiss credit,

i also noticed same

• Contributor
« Reply #14 on: October 20, 2016, 10:48:52 pm »

i also noticed same
:-DD Yeah, THAT guy is awkward. Good thing he didn't win.
The actual buyer seems respectable, so I think I can be content with the outcome.
To anybody who engaged in this discussion or even placed a bid and didn't win: THANK YOU! :)

Offline Howardlong

• Super Contributor
« Reply #15 on: October 21, 2016, 12:24:11 am »
I really appreciate the scope month campaign. Though I didn't win any, I did manage to score a grand prize for cheap from a winner's hand.

Was that from the induction heating thing or the other vote buyer?

Offline Howardlong

• Super Contributor
« Reply #16 on: October 21, 2016, 12:34:03 am »

Didn't the Keysight Scopemonth prizes come fully loaded with options? Usually (although not always) the KS store scopes have no options.

Imthink the OP was reasonable with their auction pricing, a nice change. There's way too much overpriced nonsense on ebay!

Maybe Martin (mjlorton) will adjust some of his auction pricing as a result? He has a loaded MSOX3054T priced at $8k BIN at the moment, it seems mighty high.

Offline Brumby

• Supporter
« Reply #17 on: October 21, 2016, 01:21:13 am »
I see it finished at EUR 4,763.56.

There were a couple of snipers pushing up the price in the last 7 seconds, but the winner put in a decent bid 2 days earlier.  This was a good combination of bidders.

You have done well.... and the winner got a bargain.  Everyone happy!
« Last Edit: October 21, 2016, 01:22:54 am by Brumby »

• Contributor
« Reply #18 on: October 21, 2016, 01:44:29 am »
Didn't the Keysight Scopemonth prizes come fully loaded with options? Usually (although not always) the KS store scopes have no options.
Unfortunately not. And as a newbie to the scope world, I can say that I found it rather strange, to see so many (even rather basic) software features factored out into costly optional extras.
I was so disappointed about the missing features, that I thought about asking Keysight for an upgrade or hacking the scope. But at that time I was almost decided to sell it, and didn't want to steal their potential upgrading profits.

One last tip for all those waiting for next scope month:
If you really want to win, remember that you can (and should) enter not just once, but every day.

• Contributor
« Reply #19 on: October 21, 2016, 01:53:27 am »
Yeah. I can't tell how much this money helps me. Can't be thankful enough to the Keysight people and Dave.  :-+

Offline HighVoltage

• Super Contributor
« Reply #20 on: October 21, 2016, 08:32:47 am »
You sold it well, congratulations !

There are 3 kinds of people in this world, those who can count and those who can not.

Offline nctnico

• Super Contributor
    • NCT Developments
« Reply #21 on: October 21, 2016, 03:05:23 pm »
Yeah. I can't tell how much this money helps me. Can't be thankful enough to the Keysight people and Dave.  :-+
Don't forget you have to pay around 10% to Paypal and Ebay so keep some money apart to pay for the auction fees. Paypal will take their cut when the money is transferred.
There are small lies, big lies and then there is what is on the screen of your oscilloscope.

• Contributor
« Reply #22 on: October 21, 2016, 03:26:35 pm »
Don't forget you have to pay around 10% to Paypal and Ebay so keep some money apart to pay for the auction fees. Paypal will take their cut when the money is transferred.
Right. That's why I did not offer Paypal. Bank transfers are just so much cheaper (at last where I live).
Also saves me from trouble with fraudulent buyers, and doesn't create the pretense of buying without risk.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf