Author Topic: FA (Aus Sydney) Heads up on a sale of test equipment  (Read 28928 times)

Offline dave_k

• Frequent Contributor
Re: FA (Aus Sydney) Heads up on a sale of test equipment
« Reply #100 on: March 28, 2015, 06:13:53 am »
As predicted, the scopes have most of the bids, but it's early days yet.
And they can't even be bothered to show the front panel or tell you the model number  ::)
2 or 4 channel? MSO?

They are the 2 channel, 1GHz model .. and have been fitted with no options. There are hardware slots on the rear to add MSO functionality. The only accessories included are a pair of 500MHz passive probes.

If anyone wants photos of any of the gear let me know (we have a complete set at work now).
« Last Edit: March 28, 2015, 06:15:55 am by dave_k »

Offline EEVblog

• Administrator
    • EEVblog
« Reply #101 on: March 28, 2015, 07:01:25 am »
Now we know it's the Rohde & Schwarz RTO1012.12 Digital Oscilloscope 1 GHz, 2 channels, 10 G sample/s
But it's unknown if it comes with any accessories

From the photo it seems the MSO option is not included (no probes), and that's understandable given the RF use they would have been bought for.

Offline EEVblog

• Administrator
    • EEVblog
« Reply #102 on: March 28, 2015, 07:10:55 am »
They are the 2 channel, 1GHz model .. and have been fitted with no options. There are hardware slots on the rear to add MSO functionality. The only accessories included are a pair of 500MHz passive probes.

In this case they aren't worth a huge amount, but people will likely bid crazy on them anyway.
You can get a high definition (12bit) 100M point 4 channel Keysight DSO9104H for US$6600 on ebay
That's 10 times the memory, much higher resolution, and two extra channels than the R&S, so I'd price them at maybe $5k tops.

Offline gildasd

• Frequent Contributor
  • Engineering watch officer - Apprentice Officer
    • Sci-fi Meanderings
« Reply #103 on: March 28, 2015, 08:08:53 am »
You need a big hole in a field for an ass to fall in.
The hihawing would be deafening.
I'm electronically illiterate

Offline dave_k

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #104 on: March 28, 2015, 09:22:46 am »
Now we know it's the Rohde & Schwarz RTO1012.12 Digital Oscilloscope 1 GHz, 2 channels, 10 G sample/s
But it's unknown if it comes with any accessories

From the photo it seems the MSO option is not included (no probes), and that's understandable given the RF use they would have been bought for.

Not even that. The sole reason the 'scope was purchased was to measure the eye pattern of a ASI signal.

Offline EEVblog

• Administrator
    • EEVblog
« Reply #105 on: March 31, 2015, 09:00:41 am »
The scopes went for about $6000 to $8800, + commission + GST. Not good value at all unless you were dead set on buy that scope new anyway.

Offline EEVblog

• Administrator
    • EEVblog
« Reply #106 on: March 31, 2015, 09:08:02 am »
Anyone know what the network analysers and spec ans went for? I forgot it was today  :-[

Offline EEVblog

• Administrator
    • EEVblog
« Reply #107 on: March 31, 2015, 09:33:19 am »
I think if you add them to your watch list you are able to see the closing bids.

Yeah, I added the scopes but not the others at the time.

Offline paullhamilton

« Reply #108 on: June 09, 2015, 10:55:51 pm »
Hi All,

Warning Warning Warning...

Everyone that purchased equipment from this auction should check the warranty dates as the published dates that were provided by Grays were incorrect (In my case).  The Auction that I won indicated that all the warranties were valid to mid 2016.  Turns out that they are all wrong and that for each of the items I purchased expire later this month.   For me that is about a year short.  When I discovered this discrepancy over the weekend, I contacted Grays and asked if they were planning to notify purchasers that there were potential mistakes in their documentation.  Needless to say they told me to sod off.   Nice...  :--

Bottom Line is - Check your warranty dates...

cheers

Paul

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf