Author Topic: FA: (Texas) SMT Production Line Auction + Test Gear + Parts  (Read 8386 times)

Offline rsjsouza

• Super Contributor
  • Eternally curious
    • Vbe - vídeo blog eletrônico
Re: FA: (Texas) SMT Production Line Auction + Test Gear + Parts
« Reply #25 on: April 28, 2017, 02:34:00 am »
The test equipment was in pristine condition, as well as measuring (several Mitutoyo micrometers and calipers, precision weight standards) and inspection (several Mantis, B&L, Leica and Amscope gear).

I did some tests on my two HP 3478As and they are absolutely perfect. Their calibration is due in July. The crown jewel I saw was a 3458A, but the last bid I saw was around $1.6k. The PnPs, ovens stencil printers and other large items were in ok condition, and the soldering gear was well worn (as it would be expected from an assembly house) - many Hakkos and Metcals, and a few JBCs around.
Vbe - vídeo blog eletrônico http://videos.vbeletronico.com

Oh, the "whys" of the datasheets... The information is there not to be an axiomatic truth, but instead each speck of data must be slowly inhaled while carefully performing a deep search inside oneself to find the true metaphysical sense...

Offline joshforester

• Contributor
« Reply #26 on: April 28, 2017, 02:41:28 am »
I actually bought quite a bit from this place  :-+. I wish I had use for all of the components they were selling. I could have made a killing. Sadly lost all of the auctions for the Hakko irons. Got about 15 Hakko stands, 2 Extech Lux meters, 40' ESD mat (new), 2 huge rolls of anti-static bubble wrap, 5 shelves of electrical & pluming materials, 2 different blower motors, 3 Seiko SLP 650 printers, 3 18V adjustable power supplies, 2 30V adjustable power supplies, 2 TPLink gigabit switchs, 800W PoE switch, Lenox IP PoE NVR, 48 port patch panel, 3 RIGID shop vacs, 3 2x4 lay in light fixtures, 80-90 external 20-60GB hard drives, 500 SATA cables, 80 SuperMicro I/O shields of various models, and other smaller items.
DFW, TX -- Commercial Electrician-- Avid Electronic Enthusiast

Offline EEVblogTopic starter

• Administrator
    • EEVblog
« Reply #27 on: April 28, 2017, 02:51:00 am »
The problem with large lots of parts like this is realising any value from them without spending a lot of time. Anything expensive is the sort of part that normal buyers of that part will only buy from normal channels.
It's also a lot of work sorting & cataloguing. You may get lucky & spot one particular nugget and bid solely on the basis of that, and anything else is a bonus.
You can probably shift a lot on ebay over time but it's a lot of work - been there - done that!

Many years ago I bought a van full (big van, very full) of components at a tender sale of a bankrupt assembly house. A handful of items I'd previously spotted covered what I paid. Took a year or so part-time to clear most of it out on ebay, and I have a lifetime supply of a few bits like pin headers left.
It was initially a lot of fun going through boxes not knowing what I'd find, but got to be a pain after a while.

That's why I turned down this collection, even when offered to me for FREE!

Offline gnavigator1007

• Supporter
« Reply #28 on: April 28, 2017, 03:20:20 am »
The crown jewel I saw was a 3458A, but the last bid I saw was around $1.6k.

The 3458A went for $2050. Looked like there was another one in a lot of 50 repair/part-only units. That lot sold for $1650. Still kicking myself for not jumping into the fray this time.

Offline rsjsouza

• Super Contributor
  • Eternally curious
    • Vbe - vídeo blog eletrônico
« Reply #29 on: April 28, 2017, 11:23:41 am »
The crown jewel I saw was a 3458A, but the last bid I saw was around $1.6k.

The 3458A went for $2050. Looked like there was another one in a lot of 50 repair/part-only units. That lot sold for $1650. Still kicking myself for not jumping into the fray this time.
I saw that photograph as well, but I forgot to write down the lot number and thus I didn't see it.  |O
Vbe - vídeo blog eletrônico http://videos.vbeletronico.com

Oh, the "whys" of the datasheets... The information is there not to be an axiomatic truth, but instead each speck of data must be slowly inhaled while carefully performing a deep search inside oneself to find the true metaphysical sense...

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf