Author Topic: [Sold] FREE (AB, Canada): Tektronix Type547 Oscilloscope with 1A4 Plug-in Unit  (Read 1641 times)

Offline JebnorTopic starter

• Regular Contributor
  • Absolutely! Yes, kind of, sort of, not really, no.
I picked this up for a song a couple years ago and am now moving.  I'm in the Edmonton area in Alberta, Canada. 
Price: FREE ( or what you want to pay) + Shipping ( or come get it ) 
I'll give it a good crate and ship it to you if you want.  Fair warning though it'll be expensive, the unit weighs 33Kg (72 lbs) without a crate.

It works quite well as far as I can tell. Complete with Manuals. Ch.3 however does not seem to work,but channel 1, 2 and 4  work well. 
This thing is a tank!   See pictures.  https://imgur.com/a/kldADX9

I don't want to bin this and would like it to go to someone who will use it and/or appreciate it. 

Message me, or email me at  <myusername>@gmail.com
No dealers please.

Jeb
« Last Edit: May 27, 2018, 12:33:05 am by Jebnor »
Before this, there was a typo.

Offline Acecool

• Regular Contributor
  • -Acecool
I would love this but I'm in Hendersonville Nc right now and I have a broken neck, back and severe nerve damage so it'd be impossible for me to carry it or move it...

Why not check local museums? Some do modern history exhibits or through the ages... If no one claims it, please don't throw it away... So much is lost to the trash :-(
Just because it works, doesn't make it right -Josh 'Acecool' Moser

• Regular Contributor
I hadn't thought of that.  I will look into it.  Thanks for the idea.

Jeb

Offline PaulAm

• Frequent Contributor
Are you on the Tekscopes list?  It would be worth posting it there.  I've had several 500 series rescued through that route.

Offline retiredcaps

• Super Contributor
Kijiji, however unlikely, is another place to post your scope.  I search my local one for multimeters, power supplies, scopes, etc.

Free will likely get you 2 or 3 interested parties.

• Regular Contributor
Are you on the Tekscopes list?  It would be worth posting it there.  I've had several 500 series rescued through that route.
Where does one find the Tekscopes list? 

Offline richnormand

• Supporter
Do you have a Maker or college club organisation.

The introduction to oscilloscopes with it would still be valid today and useful for many projects.
Also do you have an antique radio organisation or amateur radio flee market available.

I see some of these old scope here at the amateur radio hamfest here in Ottawa and many time an old-timer will want them.
BTW I have a 545 that I acquired back in the early 70s that is still in perfect working order. Just cant bring myself to let it go...

An audio, synthesizer DJ or electronic music could also be interested. Kijiji might help here.

Don't trash it, it is quality stuff and it might last another 50 years.

Repair, Renew, Reuse, Recycle, Rebuild, Reduce, Recover, Repurpose, Restore, Refurbish, Recondition, Renovate

• Regular Contributor
It looks like another user on the forum contacted me by email and wants it.   $150 in shipping later, it will be going clear across the country from Alberta to Ontario and there will be a proud new owner for this Really awesome rig. 

I'll post pics/updates of the crate building and whatnot.  :o

• Regular Contributor
Here we go. All crated and ready for shipping on Monday. https://imgur.com/a/BdzimIk

Before anyone jumps on me about the foam.  1) you're probably right, 2) there are no ICs in there.  Its all tubes.

Offline james_s

• Super Contributor
Wow, that ends up being an expensive scope with shipping. Hopefully you checked that all the tubes are firmly seated and nothing is loose inside before crating it. I would have stuffed it full of wadded newspaper or bubble wrap to prevent anything popping loose.

Online djadeski

• Supporter
I wanted to close out the thread and take the opportunity to thank Jebnor for a tremendous job packing and shipping and show him how it looked when it arrived having traveled half way across the country.

Also a shot of the unboxing and the unit confirming it still works are included as attachments.

As you can see in the picture of the box it took a few dings in transit but was delivered in great working order. 

Thank you!!
Dave

Offline james_s

• Super Contributor
That's quite and impressive packing job. It's nice to see these old Tek scopes soldiering on, they are absolute works of art.

• Regular Contributor
I'm glad it made the trek no worse for wear and into the hands of someone who will use it!

Post some pics of you using it for something. And see if you can get the pesky 3rd channel to work :)

Jeb.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf