Author Topic: FREE to a worthy home (Sydney area): Tektronix 475 oscilloscope  (Read 2195 times)

Offline techydudeTopic starter

• Supporter
  • E.E. from .au in SF.
FREE to a worthy home (Sydney area): Tektronix 475 oscilloscope
« on: October 06, 2015, 02:07:50 pm »
Tektronix 475 Oscilloscope, 200MHz, 2-channel.  Quite lovely for its time, and still today in its quaint way.

Comes with one (1)  cheap 60MHz 10x/1x probe from Farnell.

The horizontal sweep wasn't working last time I powered it up 2 years ago.  Lots of jitteryness when pressing switches & turning dials, clearly it needs lots of TLC to get it working well.

I was gifted this scope in 2000 - it hadn't been used in the 5+ years before that, & barely used much in the last 15 years with me either, but I understand it earned its keep in its earlier years (it has the cosmetic battle scars to prove it).

I'd love to see it go to someone who was willing to give it the TLC it needs and learn from the experience.  I can put you into contact with Dean Cooper @ Syntology who adores these things & could help guide you through the rehabilitation, if you want.

Pick-up from Dulwich Hill NSW until Monday 12th October, then from Heathcote NSW thereafter (I'm moving o/s).
« Last Edit: October 07, 2015, 12:41:28 am by techydude »

Offline Zucca

• Supporter
  • EE meid in Itali
Re: FREE to a worthy home: Tektronix 475 oscilloscope
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2015, 02:19:31 pm »
thanks techydude, we need people like you in this forum.
Can't know what you don't love. St. Augustine
Can't love what you don't know. Zucca

Offline TerraHertz

• Super Contributor
  • Why shouldn't we question everything?
    • It's not really a Blog
Re: FREE to a worthy home (Sydney area): Tektronix 475 oscilloscope
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2015, 05:00:02 am »
I hope someone starting out puts their hand up. It really is a nice scope (once it's working.)

If it looks like no one else is going to take it before you leave, I'd gladly add it to my collection. I have a 465 (on a trolley, working well) and could do with another conveniently portable scope. Most of my Tek scopes are rackmount 7000 series.
And yes, I do like restoring old gear. I know Dean btw.

I'm in East Hills, so could easily pick up from either Dulwich Hill or Heathcote.
Collecting old scopes, logic analyzers, and unfinished projects. http://everist.org

Offline elex_enthusiast

• Regular Contributor
  • Everything has user-salvageable parts inside!!!!
Re: FREE to a worthy home (Sydney area): Tektronix 475 oscilloscope
« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2015, 11:20:20 am »
I'm interested in restoring the scope BUT sadly  I'm not living in Sydney. I live in other part of the world. If I can only afford the shipping it would be a nice scope.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2015, 11:26:18 am by elex_enthusiast »
Always learn how to break and fix things electronics!

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf