Author Topic: SOLD (UK) HP 3458a. Refurbished + current Keysight calibration to Sept. 2018  (Read 1742 times)

Offline OldtestgearTopic starter

• Regular Contributor
I have decided to sell my HP 3458A 8.5 digit DMM. In 2017 it was refurbished by me as follows:
 - All Dallas NVRAMs replaced in good quality sockets.
 - New front panel & window. (originals were scratched & damaged)
 - New front input socket assembly (the old sockets were damaged)
All parts bought from Keysight UK at great expense.
The LTZ1000A operating temperature has been reduced as discussed on the XDEVs website. It was then tested for 2 weeks to check stability after my own pre-calibration. In September I returned it to Keysight for a proper calibration. As part of this offer, Keysight also offered a 12 month warranty plus the option to put it on a service contract. I assume that the warranty is NOT transferable but this should be checked with Keysight.
I am happy to send pictures and the calibration data to anyone interested in buying this DMM. I plan to offer it on eBay as well but am offering it here first.

Price: £3495

Phil
« Last Edit: February 16, 2018, 10:01:40 pm by Oldtestgear »

The following users thanked this post: TiN

Offline Neganur

• Supporter
Keysight’s warranty sticks to the instrument, not the owner :)
Any chance you could upload a screenshot of the cal report test summary page?

• Regular Contributor
Good news if the warranty does stick with the instrument. I had no idea & only decided to list it over the weekend. More pictures available. I plan to list on eBay on Monday in case someone prefers to buy through that site.

Not sure if this will work but here goes:

« Last Edit: January 21, 2018, 02:16:56 pm by Oldtestgear »

• Regular Contributor
Attached is the cal certificate. pictures to follow.
Enjoy!

• Regular Contributor
Now the pictures

• Regular Contributor
And more..

• Regular Contributor
And more.

• Regular Contributor
I have had a few queries about drift issues with the A3 board. As the 3458A is covered by a Keysight warranty -- which is transferable -- any issues with the A3 board are covered by the warranty. I have this in writing from Keysight.   You will have until the end of the warranty to find any problems that I am unaware of & get Keysight to resolve them.

Also asked why I am selling this.  Answer is simple. It is too complex for my current & future needs. I got this from an estate disposal & chose the instrument that was faulty. My main interest was in getting it working & then properly calibrated. I had ideas about a home cal. lab. but I prefer retirement to any sort of commercial enterprise. Sad but true.

Of course if you have more questions then I will try to answer them.

Phil

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf