Author Topic: FS: Lecroy DDA-5005 DSO 5GHz 20GSps XXL (SOLD)  (Read 3385 times)

Offline MechatrommerTopic starter

• Super Contributor
  • reassessing directives...
FS: Lecroy DDA-5005 DSO 5GHz 20GSps XXL (SOLD)
« on: January 17, 2019, 07:07:19 pm »
Up for Sale:

Lecroy DDA-5005 Digital Storage Oscilloscope
Bandwidth: 5GHz
Sample Rate: 20GSps (2CH) 10GSps (4CH) 200GSps (Eqv)
Memory Option: XXL

Condition:
Tested and working
No front panel bezel

but am still working on it to improve appearance and functionalities
http://www.libertytest.com/assetmanager/uploaded/pdf-20081215-111511-dda5005a_ds.pdf

Asking Price: USD2900 excl shipping.
this scope is SOLD...

Payment method: Paypal is available (just PM)
Shipping cost: please PM your location and prefered courier.
Point of Origin: Malaysia.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2019, 01:46:33 am by Mechatrommer »
Nature: Evolution and the Illusion of Randomness (Stephen L. Talbott): Its now indisputable that... organisms “expertise” contextualizes its genome, and its nonsense to say that these powers are under the control of the genome being contextualized - Barbara McClintock

• Super Contributor
Re: FS: Lecroy DDA-5005 DSO 5GHz 20GSps XXL
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2019, 03:11:20 pm »
Current refurbishment work...
-HDD replaced with 120GB SSD
-Motherboard battery checked still at 3V
-Fresh install of Windows XP SP3 and DSO XStream SW ver 7.1.1.2 8.1.2.0
-Original and improved OS/SW installation images (AOMEI Backupper) provided in SSD (third partition E:)

3D printed parts to improve appearance and functionalities...
-Front panel frame/bezel. hand polished and painted (final touch and coating still needed very soon and labelling etc)
-Custom designed covers for all BMA/BNC inputs
-Additional cost of $50 for 2 compatible adapters, or $100 for complete 5 adapters
 for every DSO input (buyer can choose BMA-BNC or BMA-SMA or mixed) this price offer only comes with this DDA5005 listing

Once refurbishment work completed, i'm thinking to put this in ebay and our local online store. Some pictures of current DSO condition is as follow...
(Original Lecroy probes, accessories and test rig in the pictures are not included. PM if interested but they are not cheap)
« Last Edit: March 07, 2019, 06:52:54 pm by Mechatrommer »
Nature: Evolution and the Illusion of Randomness (Stephen L. Talbott): Its now indisputable that... organisms “expertise” contextualizes its genome, and its nonsense to say that these powers are under the control of the genome being contextualized - Barbara McClintock

• Super Contributor
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2019, 03:22:05 pm »
More screenshots... FWIW.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2019, 03:25:01 pm by Mechatrommer »

Offline joeqsmith

• Super Contributor
« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2019, 02:39:42 am »
I have seen your workmanship.  Think I would trust you working on a DSO like this?  Nope.

https://www.eevblog.com/forum/beginners/is-my-new-eevblog-multimeter-faulty/msg1197717/#msg1197717

• Super Contributor
« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2019, 05:10:52 am »
I have seen your workmanship.  Think I would trust you working on a DSO like this?  Nope.
https://www.eevblog.com/forum/beginners/is-my-new-eevblog-multimeter-faulty/msg1197717/#msg1197717
dont worry this scope is rated 4Vp input, ESD sensitive, doesnt have a fuse, and certainly not suitable near high voltage nuttery guy. keep on doing your work ;) btw i did nothing to the electronics/acq part of the scope, they are all original parts and i didnt touch them, only blow with handheld air blower rocket to remove some dust. i only upgraded some parts on PC side of it such as SSD, do you need pictures of the inside? to see my "workmanship"? ;)

btw. for anybody who havent noticed. i made a minimally invasive teardown of the acquisition section much earlier than screenshots above, to see how pristine it still is. i think that will be the only one time i will do that as nothing much can be done there, only a little bit of cleaning with hand blower... https://www.eevblog.com/forum/testgear/lecroy-dda-5005-dso-teardown/?topicscreen

Offline myhobo

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #5 on: March 11, 2019, 03:22:58 am »
hello Mechatrommer, i am myhobo , i'm come from china. i want to buy you oscilloscope. how money i need pay for ?.

• Super Contributor
« Reply #6 on: March 11, 2019, 03:36:25 am »
sorry myhobo. you are late by few days. this dso is engaged and soon will go to a company in taiwan if deal is closed and courier route is sorted out. i have to do final touch up during the weekend. here how it looks before go in the box and shipment.
https://www.eevblog.com/forum/testgear/restoration-of-lecroy-wavemaster-wavepro-front-bezel-by-3d-printing/msg2260131/#msg2260131

its sad i have to depart with this baby too soon. there are few things i've not done with it. i didnt expect this soon as i assume it will take some time for a loaded hobbiest caught this, but it turned out a taiwanese company got their eyes on this baby.

if i return back and reopen the offer, it means the deal is cancelled, otherwise, consider it sold.

ps: i just checked its bandwidth respond up to 6GHz to be spot on, i recorded the pictures but dont have time to upload here as i'm rushing to office as i type here, fwiw...
« Last Edit: March 13, 2019, 01:46:02 am by Mechatrommer »

Offline myhobo

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #7 on: March 11, 2019, 05:07:21 am »
ok, I get it, Do you have  agilent MSO7104B oscilloscope ? i want to buy 。
« Last Edit: March 11, 2019, 05:14:33 am by myhobo »

• Super Contributor
« Reply #8 on: March 11, 2019, 05:21:56 am »
No sorry i'm not a full time ebay seller. This one is only by chance.

• Super Contributor
« Reply #9 on: March 11, 2019, 05:30:56 am »
There is one dda5005 seller though popped up just after my scope is engaged... $2500 from usa you may want to consider https://m.ebay.com.my/itm/LeCroy-DDA-5005A-Disk-Drive-Analyzer-5GHz-20GS-s-4-Channel-Oscilloscope/173759116202?hash=item2874d9b3aa:m:mtyXuBkUbHEUKIgYuUXstVw i think dda5005 can be upgraded to sda6000, i stumbled upon it accidentally during option upgrade of the dda5005 earlier, but reverted it back because afraid hardware would not support it, but xstream sw did run without warning, fwiw...

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf