Author Topic: FS : LeCroy LC584AL 4Ch 1GHz/8GS/s 8Mpt [SOLD]  (Read 3863 times)

Offline Ice-TeaTopic starter

• Super Contributor
    • Freelance Hardware Engineer
FS : LeCroy LC584AL 4Ch 1GHz/8GS/s 8Mpt [SOLD]
« on: July 15, 2016, 07:26:37 am »
Went a bit bonkers on an auction yesterday so this baby, that has served me quite well over the last months, has to go! Comes only with power chords, nothing else. Well, that's not true, there's still a roll of paper in the printer. And just for fun and giggles, I just tried it. Sure enough: works like a charm!

I'm located in Belgium but will ship pretty much anywhere (except for warzones and countries like Russia perhaps). Difficult to put a price on it as it depends a lot on location, whether you are a bussiness (both of these determine if VAT is applicable), payment method etc. etc. So, if anyone is interested or needs more info, drop me a line!

« Last Edit: August 14, 2016, 08:38:45 pm by Ice-Tea »

• Super Contributor
Re: FS : LeCroy LC584AL 4Ch 1GHz/8GS/s 8Mpt
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2016, 07:21:32 pm »
Another pic of the scope, this time not dignostics but actually doing his job  8)

Offline Wuerstchenhund

• Super Contributor
  • Able to drop by occasionally only
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2016, 10:13:40 am »
Just to add that all the software options (and there were many!) can be (legally!) enabled for a few bucks or even free. LeCroy gave the binaries for the option GALs to someone in the Yahoo LeCroy onwer's group, who now sells the upgrades for a modest price. Alternatively, one can download the images and burn their own GALs.

The following users thanked this post: Ice-Tea

• Super Contributor
« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2016, 06:55:19 pm »
Thanks as always mr. Hund ;)

Got a whole slew LeCroy scopes inbound.

Any idea if the LC574AL is also supported? Would be nice if I could bundle a few so I could all upgrade them to the best they can be...
« Last Edit: July 28, 2016, 07:06:13 pm by Ice-Tea »

Offline Wuerstchenhund

• Super Contributor
« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2016, 05:46:38 am »

I know, I saw the list  ;) Some interesting things on it, but some like the SDA100G (which is an old-style sampling scope) will be a very tough sale. I also have to say that I think that some of the asking prices are a bit excessive ($7k for that 1.5GHz Yokogawa which is at least 4yrs old?)

There are some items that I'd be interested in, but guess in terms of asking price we'd be way apart.

Any idea if the LC574AL is also supported? Would be nice if I could bundle a few so I could all upgrade them to the best they can be...

The GALs should work on all 9300 and LC Series scopes.

• Super Contributor
« Reply #5 on: July 29, 2016, 06:00:49 am »
Thans for the info. I'll look into it.

As for prices: deel free to make an offer. Worst I can say is no. Also, I set the prices fairly simply: check eBay offers and make it a bit cheaper thans the cheapest offering. You may be right it's stille expensive but it seemed like a good place to start. In addition: have you checked the Yoka datasheet? Maybe mu unconscious simply does not want to sell it. Looks perfectly decent as a daily Rider! :P

Finally: if you know anyone with a heap of cheap SDA100G modules... ;D

Offline Jwalling

• Supporter
  • This is work?
« Reply #6 on: July 29, 2016, 10:40:20 am »

I know, I saw the list  ;) Some interesting things on it, but some like the SDA100G (which is an old-style sampling scope) will be a very tough sale. I also have to say that I think that some of the asking prices are a bit excessive ($7k for that 1.5GHz Yokogawa which is at least 4yrs old?)

There are some items that I'd be interested in, but guess in terms of asking price we'd be way apart.

The GALs should work on all 9300 and LC Series scopes.

Not sure about the LC series CPU memory, but for the 93XX scopes it's a good idea to upgrade the processor to 64MB to get the "Mega waveform processing" option. It's cheap as it uses old 72 pin EDO memory.
https://groups.io/g/LeCroyOwnersGroup/topic/989259
http://materias.fi.uba.ar/6644/info/osciloscopios/avanzado/MATH%20PROCESSING/MegaWaveformProcessing.pdf

Jay
Jay

System error. Strike any user to continue.

Offline Wuerstchenhund

• Super Contributor
« Reply #7 on: July 30, 2016, 01:04:54 pm »
As for prices: deel free to make an offer. Worst I can say is no.

I'll think about it. There's one item (not LeCroy) I'm contemplating but in terms of pricing we'd probably be worlds appart.

Also, I set the prices fairly simply: check eBay offers and make it a bit cheaper thans the cheapest offering. You may be right it's stille expensive but it seemed like a good place to start.

Ebay offers are generally a bad way to get an idea of the real-world value of an item, even less so for items that are less common, simply because it's full of sellers that ask excessive prices for items which will never sell (some of the kit has been relisted for years, probably waiting for some poor fool who's stupid enough to pay what they ask for). If anything you should look at sold items, because this is the only data that tells you for how much money an item can actually find a buyer.

@Cheap' isn't exactly a word which I'd describe the modules, which for the high bandwidth variants (i.e. 70Ghz+) still fetch silly money. What goes cheap are the SDA/WaveExpert mainframes, which I've seen go for less than $2k.

Not sure about the LC series CPU memory, but for the 93XX scopes it's a good idea to upgrade the processor to 64MB to get the "Mega waveform processing" option. It's cheap as it uses old 72 pin EDO memory.
https://groups.io/g/LeCroyOwnersGroup/topic/989259
http://materias.fi.uba.ar/6644/info/osciloscopios/avanzado/MATH%20PROCESSING/MegaWaveformProcessing.pdf

Good advice  :-+  The LC can be upgraded to 128MB if I remember right, and as you say old 72pin EDO or FPM DIMMs (both work, although not mixed) are cheap.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2016, 05:28:53 pm by Wuerstchenhund »

• Super Contributor
« Reply #8 on: August 02, 2016, 06:18:36 pm »
As for prices: deel free to make an offer. Worst I can say is no.

I'll think about it. There's one item (not LeCroy) I'm contemplating but in terms of pricing we'd probably be worlds appart.

You might as well give it a shot. In the end, if I can't get rid of it on eBay I'll probly take whatever offer I can get.

Also, I set the prices fairly simply: check eBay offers and make it a bit cheaper thans the cheapest offering. You may be right it's still expensive but it seemed like a good place to start.

Ebay offers are generally a bad way to get an idea of the real-world value of an item, even less so for items that are less common, simply because it's full of sellers that ask excessive prices for items which will never sell (some of the kit has been relisted for years, probably waiting for some poor fool who's stupid enough to pay what they ask for). If anything you should look at sold items, because this is the only data that tells you for how much money an item can actually find a buyer.

Well, I have sold some in the past, so I'm not entirely clueless. I'm also not expecting to sell 'm for eBay prices (or actually: slightly below it). It's just a decent place to start. If it doesn't sell for that price, I'll drop and keep doing that untill I get rid of it.

@Cheap' isn't exactly a word which I'd describe the modules, which for the high bandwidth variants (i.e. 70Ghz+) still fetch silly money. What goes cheap are the SDA/WaveExpert mainframes, which I've seen go for less than $2k.

Might still make sense for me. Always easier to sell a complete set. So if you come across one, would be nice of you could let you know. Mind you, I won't be able to buy pretty much anything for at least 4 weeks. Too much tied up in that "Score" deal.

• Super Contributor
Re: FS : LeCroy LC584AL 4Ch 1GHz/8GS/s 8Mpt [SOLD]
« Reply #9 on: August 14, 2016, 08:40:13 pm »
Trying tto modify the title Without much luck. Anyway: SOLD.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf