Author Topic: FS: New 1080P USB microscope for easy SMT soldering  (Read 43837 times)

Offline diyinhkTopic starter

• Contributor
FS: New 1080P USB microscope for easy SMT soldering
« on: November 25, 2013, 03:26:54 am »
True hardware 1080P USB microscope for easy SMT soldering
Feature:
* 15cm working distance
* 1080P 30fps video, object size is 31mm(1920 pixel) x 17mm(1080 pixel) at 15cm working distance
* Equipped with tailer made megapixel lens, edge to edge sharpness
* UVC compatible, no driver is needed in windows 7 for 1080P operation
* True hardware 1920*1080 pixel high quality non-interpolate Large CMOS sensor
* Aluminum Stand with precision height adjustment
http://www.diyinhk.com/shop/home/48-1080p-smt-microscope.html

Offline BravoV

• Super Contributor
  • +++ ATH1
Re: FS: New 1080P USB microscope for easy SMT soldering
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2013, 03:31:25 am »
@ USD299.95

This product is not sold individually. You must select at least 10 quantity for this product.

:palm:

Pssstt... this is not Taobao here, are you sure you browsed at the right web site ?  :-DD

Offline SLJ

• Frequent Contributor
  • Antique Test Equipment Collector
    • Steve's Antique Technology
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2013, 03:47:53 am »
But at the bottom it says your only allowed one.  :wtf:

Offline jmole

• Regular Contributor
    • My Portfolio
« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2013, 05:25:28 am »
despite the oblivious lack of seller etiquette, edge-to-edge sharpness in a cheap USB microscope is a rare find. if the image is legit, this looks like a good piece.

Offline codeboy2k

• Super Contributor
« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2013, 09:36:24 am »
seems like they are just putting a Microsoft LifeCam on a cheap aluminum (likely hollow) stand.. that stand looks like it will be an everyday hassle to deal with, looks flimsy.  Should not be worth $299.

Notice in the OP's picture on the upside down U-channel, there is a reflection of a blue LED from the top of the LifeCam.

They also state in chinglish "The Lens is fixed with glue on the PCB. It is not interchangeable. Don't try to turning it out and it will broken the PCB immediately" So they have glued a lens onto the front of the LifeCam.

Oh.. just saw this too  "reset the device by select Device > Lifecam Studio" so it is in fact a LifeCam Studio with a different lens glued to the front.

Offline kayvee

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2013, 09:53:10 am »
No No.... this one is "tailer made"  :-DD

Offline BravoV

• Super Contributor
  • +++ ATH1
« Reply #6 on: November 25, 2013, 09:57:36 am »
Notice in the OP's picture on the upside down U-channel, there is a reflection of a blue LED from the top of the LifeCam.

They also state in chinglish "The Lens is fixed with glue on the PCB. It is not interchangeable. Don't try to turning it out and it will broken the PCB immediately" So they have glued a lens onto the front of the LifeCam.

Oh.. just saw this too  "reset the device by select Device > Lifecam Studio" so it is in fact a LifeCam Studio with a different lens glued to the front.

Nice, sharp eyes !  :-+

Now to OP, how about just selling the lens and the stand, how much will that cost ? Only 1 please, not 10.  >:D

Few more comparison shots vs Microsoft LifeCam studio.

Offline SLJ

• Frequent Contributor
  • Antique Test Equipment Collector
    • Steve's Antique Technology
« Reply #7 on: November 25, 2013, 12:49:08 pm »
I have a USB Lifecam sitting in a drawer I'm not using along with a couple of dead Halogen lamps which would make great adjustable stands.  I'll have to try it.

Offline bingo600

• Super Contributor
« Reply #8 on: November 25, 2013, 05:11:38 pm »
I'm quite sure that Lady Ada was the first place i was one mentioned.

I looked it up , it was like this one
http://www.ebay.com/itm/280994270364

Another price at 60$.

/Bingo

• Contributor
« Reply #9 on: December 02, 2013, 10:50:24 pm »
seems like they are just putting a Microsoft LifeCam on a cheap aluminum (likely hollow) stand.. that stand looks like it will be an everyday hassle to deal with, looks flimsy.  Should not be worth $299.

the glue is used to avoid loose of screw thread, The Lens is fixed with precision fixture and screw directly on the PCB.

it's natural and normal all camera has reflection problem if the lens and light source is point directly at the same right angle to the object surface
the easier way is point it at little angle, use polarization filter, use light source from different angle etc.

yes, it's microsoft 1080p lifecam studio! the sensor quality is guarantee
after trying many sub100 vga(fake megapixel) microsope, I decided use sensor from famous brand
microsoft 1080p lifecam studio =$99.95MSRP (~60 market)
Stand = ~60+30(added parts)
megapixel lens + precision fixture=90
Cree LED lighting =30
plus testing and assembly
if there are enough person have interest, and just order the parts for diyer to modification, the cost can be down at less 70%(not including lifecam studio).
but be careful when modding, I permanently damaged 3 lifecam studio during modification before perfect mod every later one.

« Last Edit: December 02, 2013, 11:35:30 pm by diyinhk »

• Contributor
« Reply #10 on: December 02, 2013, 10:56:56 pm »
I'm quite sure that Lady Ada was the first place i was one mentioned.

I looked it up , it was like this one
http://www.ebay.com/itm/280994270364

Another price at 60$.

/Bingo

yes, it's mod of this stand.
The quality of this stand can be good but the QC of this stand is bad,
I got some with missed screw thread, etc
« Last Edit: December 02, 2013, 11:28:36 pm by diyinhk »

• Contributor
« Reply #11 on: December 02, 2013, 10:58:28 pm »

Nice, sharp eyes !  :-+

Now to OP, how about just selling the lens and the stand, how much will that cost ? Only 1 please, not 10.  >:D

if there are enough person have interest, and just order the parts for diyer to modification, the cost can be down 70%(not including lifecam studio).
but be careful when modding, I permanently damaged 3 lifecam studio during modification before perfect mod. every later one...

Offline proxime

« Reply #12 on: December 08, 2013, 02:36:58 pm »
What is the magnification factor of this microscope?

• Contributor
« Reply #13 on: December 12, 2013, 08:49:12 am »
What is the magnification factor of this microscope?

object size is 31mmx17mm = 1920 x 1080 pixel at 15cm working distance
Different monitor has different pixel size and magnification factor in computer monitor should not applicable.

I have just done some demonstration video hope can help

http://www.diyinhk.com/support/cam1080a.mp4

http://www.diyinhk.com/support/cam1080b.mp4

The first video demonstrate the motion quality of the microscope, most usb camera only capable of static quality, when the object is moving, serious motion blur will happen and it is not good for real time smt soldering.

The second video demonstrate the depth of field of the microscope, the PCB is 45 degree to the table. The XMOS chip is 10x10mm, using triangle formula the DOF is large >10mm for this kind of device.

*The mp4 file is direct capture using virtualdub and recompress using sony vegas to mp4 at 16Mbps.

*The raw video capture is already mpjeg compress but it is still very large 100MB=5 second. It is available below for people need to examine the video quality seriously

http://www.diyinhk.com/support/cam1080a.avi
« Last Edit: December 12, 2013, 09:00:58 am by diyinhk »

Online Shock

• Super Contributor
« Reply #14 on: December 12, 2013, 06:05:58 pm »
Interesting mod on two products. 

This would be the ultimate mod for me with a Microsoft Lifecam Studio for around $200 US plus LEDs.

Soldering/Rework: Pace ADS200, Pace MBT350
Multimeters: Fluke 189, 87V, 117, 112   >>> WANTED STUFF <<<
Oszilloskopen: Lecroy 9314, Phillips PM3065, Tektronix 2215a, 314

• Contributor
« Reply #15 on: December 15, 2013, 07:39:26 am »
Interesting mod on two products. 

This would be the ultimate mod for me with a Microsoft Lifecam Studio for around $200 US plus LEDs.

If anybody has experience working with microscope, the powerful lighting can always cause eye pain and heat and it's uncomfort to sit behind. Powerful lighting for microscope is unnecessary and outdated now.

The lighting of this little baby uses only four 5mm led and it can achieve the quality as the above 1080p motion blur-less video sample file, it's the best I have ever seem.

« Last Edit: December 15, 2013, 07:46:22 am by diyinhk »

• Contributor

• Contributor
Re: 1080P Lifecam Studio MOD to USB Microscope in 3mins Video
« Reply #17 on: January 06, 2014, 02:43:42 am »
The senor is hard or impossible to clean if it has dust,
better do it in a dust less room and remember to turn off any fan behind the working bench :)

Demonstration video:

http://www.diyinhk.com/support/cam1080a.mp4

http://www.diyinhk.com/support/cam1080b.mp4

The first video demonstrate the motion quality of the microscope, most usb camera only capable of static quality, when the object is moving, serious motion blur will happen and it is not good for real time smt soldering.

The second video demonstrate the depth of field of the microscope, the PCB is 45 degree to the table. The XMOS chip is 10x10mm, using triangle formula the DOF is >10mm which is unbeliveable huge for this kind of device

This demonstration video also show the sensor dust problem^-^

Online Lightages

• Supporter
  • Canadian po
« Reply #18 on: January 06, 2014, 07:06:33 am »
OK, what is the lens you used to replace the original? You haven't provided much information.

Offline BravoV

• Super Contributor
  • +++ ATH1

Online Lightages

• Supporter
  • Canadian po
« Reply #20 on: January 06, 2014, 07:22:56 am »
 :--

• Contributor
« Reply #21 on: January 06, 2014, 10:14:31 am »
OK, what is the lens you used to replace the original? You haven't provided much information.

It's a tailor made high quality megapixel len, you can check the superior quality in the capture video,
USB microscope with this kind of quality and resolution are cost thousands of dollar,
Yes, this device should impact the main market, if it's popular, nobody will buy those thousand+ microscope.

The mod video in youtube is mainly to teach people who want to mod their lifecam studio, they can uses their own lens and tools, sadly if you think it's an ad, everybody showoff their finding will be ads.

• Contributor
« Reply #22 on: January 06, 2014, 10:17:02 am »
Its an ad in disguised -> https://www.eevblog.com/forum/buysellwanted/fs-new-1080p-usb-microscope-for-easy-smt-soldering/

The mod video in youtube is mainly to teach people who want to mod their lifecam studio, they can uses their own existing lens and tools in their working bench, sadly if you think it's an ad, everybody showoff their finding will be ads.

Offline GeoffS

• Supporter
« Reply #23 on: January 06, 2014, 10:34:09 am »
Its an ad in disguised -> https://www.eevblog.com/forum/buysellwanted/fs-new-1080p-usb-microscope-for-easy-smt-soldering/

The mod video in youtube is mainly to teach people who want to mod their lifecam studio, they can uses their own existing lens and tools in their working bench, sadly if you think it's an ad, everybody showoff their finding will be ads.

You're selling this product according to your first post so it certainly is advertising.

Offline BravoV

• Super Contributor
  • +++ ATH1
« Reply #24 on: January 06, 2014, 11:03:59 am »

Just ask your friend that doesn't aware about the product you're selling to watch that video, I bet they will not have any clue what is that all about ?

Is that a lesson on how to dismantle/tear-down the lifecam ? or what ? It doesn't even have any sub-title explaining what are you doing ?  Even on the new lens replacement part, watch again, how many seconds in that video showing the clue or hint about the new lens ? After you dismantled the sensor, then suddenly its already installed with the new long lens, like a magic. Why hide it ? :palm:

Also about the lens ? What new lens ? Nor your video or your new thread (starting at post #16 which is now merged here) giving any details on it. For sure you're trying to hide it, which we all know that new thread will lead to this selling thread. :palm:

Nothing against bragging, show-off, infact its welcomed here in this forum. Also nothing against the selling either, its just put at the "right place", and also make it clear what is your intention, and if you're selling, I still don't know what "EXACTLY" you intended to sell ? Lens ? How much ?

Please, don't ask me how many people will going to buy, and you only able to give the lens price until you have 1000 potential buyers.  :palm:

« Last Edit: January 06, 2014, 11:06:21 am by BravoV »

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf