Author Topic: FS (US): Old Stock SMD Chips, nearly 900 REELS! (some full, & some through hole)  (Read 7404 times)

Offline Falcon69Topic starter

• Super Contributor
SO would something like this work in each bag to verify it's contents?? Or should I put in more info, like on the Excel Spreadsheet?

Offline CatalinaWOW

• Super Contributor
I'd say that is a big plenty.  You are trying to balance your work to sales.  The market you are aiming for is used to buying floor sweepings and measuring each part to verify value and function. 

I don't know if you have tried contacting any of the large salvage purchasers to see if they want the whole lot.  Places like BMI Surplus, Electronic Goldmine, Electronic Surplus and All Electronics?  They won't pay much, but your work level will be dramatically reduced. 

Offline soubitos

• Frequent Contributor
    • I sell on Tindie
Falcon69.... How fast do you want to get rid of this stuff?
Why dont you make a page somewhere, post the excel since you got it, fix prices for 10-20-50-100-500-1000pcs-reel or something like that and post it here and in other forums etc you frequent... let people order directly from you, pay minimum fees (maybe 3-4?% paypal or whatever you see fit) perhaps offer shipping abroad too, ask for minimum order say 50-100$ to make worth your trouble and try to sell them at fair prices for you and the buyer! Do not be afraid if the "good" stuff goes out first, you can always sell the remaining items at a bit lower price on ebay...

• Super Contributor
I made a call to several of those surplus shops, made the call several times. They weren't interested (probably because of shipping), or they never returned my call or email.

I tried having a website once, it was a lot of work, and the monthly fees for that website took any profit i may have had. It's just not worth it.

And I would never buy something like these, and have to measure every single part because they were swept up off the floor. way too much work for something that, for the most part, costs pennies brand new.  Thats' why I will label everything to make it easier on the person receiving these. It takes alittle bit of time, but once I have the main page of labels done, just copy and clip is all. Easy Enough.

• Super Contributor
I'm working on getting these things split up into 100 piece lots. I'd rather try and sell them here before hitting eBay. I have no problem shipping them overseas, as long as the shipping is paid for.

I'll post up when I get them all packaged. Might be awhile, I am waiting on the baggies to come. At 100 piece lots, that is about 30,500 bags, so as you can see, it will take awhile.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf