Author Topic: [SOLD] Rigol DS1052E Used - Needs Encoder Repair -  (Read 1738 times)

Offline BryanTopic starter

• Frequent Contributor
[SOLD] Rigol DS1052E Used - Needs Encoder Repair -
« on: July 22, 2017, 09:41:54 am »
Rigol DS1052E for sale 120v version. Powers up fine and passes calibration. Scope appears to be in spec from the limted tests I have done (Chinese Voltage Standard, Nortel GPSDO).

Couple issues though. The verticle and horizontal encoders are starting to get flaky and will need eventual replacements. The horizontal seems to be the worse and can get frustrating. I believe I replaced one of the encoders a year or so (vertical I think), starting to show issues again (should have bought a better quality encoder). Information on the web on how to do open up the 1052E and replace the encoders.

The scope hasn't been dropped, trigger pot knob broke when I dropped a glass and it hit the pot knob, cracked it and broke the shaft, glued the knob together. Shaft replaced or it was the encoder itself, can't remember. Foot broke off when I tried to open the feet (really hard to snap open).

The Good
- low hours
- appears to work fine, but horizontal control is a pain with the worn out encoder
- upgraded to 100 MHZ

The Bad
-one broken foot (see pic)
-vertical/horizontal encoders will need eventual replacement
-trigger encoder/pot shaft was broken and replaced but the knob is cracked (see pic)

Includes
Scope
Power Cord
2 Probes, 1 brand new the other well used

Asking $110.00 US plus shipping. Will ship by Canada Post expedited. Estimate for US is around $30.00 US depending on State, Canada around $20.00 US depending on address. My postal code is V6E 4C1 www.canadapost.ca if you want to look up rates, 11 lbs box 17" x 10" x 11"  Any questions please ask.

Thanks for looking. Clicking on the links brings up the full screen pic with the header of the test or description.

« Last Edit: August 07, 2017, 08:56:38 am by Bryan »
-=Bryan=-

Offline BryanTopic starter

• Frequent Contributor
Re: FS: Rigol DS1052E Used - Needs Encoder Repair -
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2017, 10:03:12 am »
Bump
-=Bryan=-

Offline hugo

• Regular Contributor
Re: FS: Rigol DS1052E Used - Needs Encoder Repair -
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2017, 11:26:06 am »