Author Topic: FS: Tek TDS3000 front cover  (Read 2003 times)

Offline james_sTopic starter

• Super Contributor
FS: Tek TDS3000 front cover
« on: May 27, 2017, 08:04:48 pm »
I have a protective cover for a Tektronix TDS3000 series scope, I believe it may fit the TDS5000 series as well. I don't have a scope that it fits so I'm offering it here. It's in very good condition, just a couple of very light scuffs. I'm willing to ship it worldwide if you pay but overseas shipping is likely to be prohibitively expensive in some cases.

$15 + shipping sound fair?

• Super Contributor
Re: FS: Tek TDS3000 front cover
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2017, 06:04:09 pm »
Offers?

I'm surprised nobody wants this, are the TDS3000 scopes uncommon or did they all come with the cover?

Online MarkL

• Supporter
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2017, 07:23:19 pm »
Offers?

I'm surprised nobody wants this, are the TDS3000 scopes uncommon or did they all come with the cover?
They all come with the cover.

I don't know how you'd gauge "common", but Tek is still selling the TDS3000 series after 17+ years.  There's got to be quite a few of them out there.

Interestingly, the Tek product page says they're not updating the design to accommodate EU ROHS mandates, and once EU stocks are depleted that's it.  Nothing about US and other markets, but it could be a sign the end is near.

• Super Contributor
« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2017, 07:25:45 pm »
That could explain it, covers for the Tek scopes I have seem to be a lot less common and I had to pay quite a bit more to get them.

Ok well anyone want this for free? Just pay postage or come pick it up, I don't have a scope it fits and would rather it went to someone who could use it.

Offline pamphonica

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2017, 08:34:28 am »
I would love this cover.  I have recently acquired a TDS3054 that I managed to repair.  It can be shipped to a friend in CA who will be coming to the UK in the summer.
I will email you
many thanks
Jeremy

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf