Author Topic: FS: Tektronix TDS 784C 1GHz 4Ch Scope, Working (US Only)  (Read 2403 times)

Offline Tony_GTopic starter

• Frequent Contributor
  • Checkout my old test gear channel (link in sig)
    • TGSoapbox
FS: Tektronix TDS 784C 1GHz 4Ch Scope, Working (US Only)
« on: February 26, 2017, 03:00:19 am »
Hi All,

[It turns out the scope won't run SPC consistently so I canceled the auction and relisted it http://www.ebay.com/itm/-/302238327358]

I have a TDS784C scope for sale on EBay:

[URL REMOVED]

I picked this up as part of an auction lot when I was looking for a 1 GHz scope (actually I ended up with 3 by accident, long story). Anyway, I'm keeping the HP 54845A and I'm selling this one (already sold the TDS754D)

It hasn't been calibrated or tested to spec but it passes all the boot and user initiated self tests.

If you have any questions please let me know.

TonyG
« Last Edit: March 01, 2017, 02:58:02 am by Tony_G »

Offline Jwalling

• Supporter
  • This is work?
Re: FS: Tektronix TDS 784C 1GHz 4Ch Scope, Working (US Only)
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2017, 11:46:52 am »
I noticed that you mention how Ebay is overcharging lately on shipping. I'm not sure when this started but I think it was around the first of this year. Same goes for UPS. That scope shipped to me (in MA.) shows shipping to be $108. That's nuts! It should be around $65
Can't those idiots do anything right?  :rant:
Jay

System error. Strike any user to continue.

Offline W2NAP

• Supporter
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2017, 02:40:05 pm »
I noticed that you mention how Ebay is overcharging lately on shipping. I'm not sure when this started but I think it was around the first of this year. Same goes for UPS. That scope shipped to me (in MA.) shows shipping to be $108. That's nuts! It should be around $65

it can also be since escam is taking fees out of the shipping costs people are raising the shipping prices to make up.  I sold a few things on escam late last year and was amazed at how much escam was raping me in fees on the ship price.

Offline Jwalling

• Supporter
  • This is work?
« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2017, 04:03:59 pm »

it can also be since escam is taking fees out of the shipping costs people are raising the shipping prices to make up.  I sold a few things on escam late last year and was amazed at how much escam was raping me in fees on the ship price.

No, it's not that. When I list something, I use the exact weight and size of the box and let Ebay do the calculation. I do not add anything to the shipping charges. Yet it's always about 30-40% higher than what UPS charges me.
Jay

System error. Strike any user to continue.

• Frequent Contributor
    • TGSoapbox
« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2017, 09:20:19 pm »
I ship FedEx Ground (I get better customer service from them than the UPS Store near me) with exact sizes and weights as well. The range on this went to $300 odd dollars which is insane. I'll compare the EBay calculated price to what FedEx quotes me direct and charge the lower of the two.

TonyG

Offline DaJMasta

• Super Contributor
    • medpants.com
« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2017, 11:44:59 pm »
Is it incorporating insurance too or something?  Maybe eBay's discount deal with the shippers expired and they're jacking it up now... dunno.

I actually ran into a little trouble with eBay shipping a few weeks ago - the total in the calculator was what it should have been, around $45 for a decently large piece coast to coast in the US, but when i went to check out, it jacked it up to $70 even though the calculator still was saying 45... talked to sBay support and they confirmed they were seeing the same glitch, and I had to request an invoice from the seller just to be able to pay the correct amount of shipping.  Makes it seem a little like something's up with their shipping system, maybe they changed a subsystem part and there's little problems popping up.

Anyways, nice scope.

• Frequent Contributor
    • TGSoapbox
« Reply #6 on: March 01, 2017, 03:01:44 am »
Someone asked me if the scope would run SPC consistently and I had never done that. So I ran it twice and it passed but running it the third time it failed.

"Used" is supposed to mean that the device works - In this case it isn't passing SPC consistently so I canceled the auction.

[As an aside, it seems to pass SPC fine if you run it immediately after the internal self-tests, no idea if this makes a difference]

In any case, I relisted it as "For parts, not working" as I think this is more accurate and I detailed the errors that you get when it fails SPC.

New listing here http://www.ebay.com/itm/-/302238327358?

TonyG

The following users thanked this post: edavid

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf