Author Topic: SOLD TP4056ADV-FLEX Lithium Battery charger + booster converter in one module  (Read 1503 times)

Offline soubitosTopic starter

• Frequent Contributor
    • I sell on Tindie
I finished hand assembling all 10 of my first batch of the TP4056ADV-FLEX with an LM7805CV voltage regulator on input side.
I am going to use 5 (3 are in use already) so i got 5 left for sale.

This is a versatile lithium battery charger, based on the cheap Chinese TP4056 modules.
You can power it from any standard 5V USB power source or connect a cable or power jack with anything from 7-25V (the higher the input voltage, the lower your charging current can be if you want to keep the 7805 on the safe temperature wise as it gets quite hot.

On the output side of the module you get either power straight from the battery (with over-discharge and short protection) or you can enable the onboard booster circuit and get 4,2-25V with up to 700mA (for 5V output, 200-250mA at 25V).

I include pictures from one of the modules which replaced the DC-Jack and 9V battery on a YD-CS Transistor Tester kit.
It sits comfortably on the lower (battery) compartment of the acrylic case i got for the tester allowing to power it from USB or most power packs with a DC Jack. In this case, because i knew where it would be installed, i didnt solder the screw terminals and pin headers and i hardwired it to charge the battery with a 250mA charge current. This way the 7805 does not go that hot powered by the wall power pack from my old router.

Another module will go in a little case with 3 18650 batteries a voltmeter and i replaced the trimmer pot with a multiturn pot to form a small "portable" power supply. I will be using my main power supply to charge this one and this will help me have less cables around on my bench and a very small auxiliary power source.

The possibilities of the board are countless as you can set it to charge most Lithium batteries with currents from as low as 60mA and all the way up to 1A (60-120-250-500-700-800-900mA-1A) and at the same time you can use it to power a wide range of loads without need of another module.

I have already redesigned the power input using a switching solution instead of the 7805 and by selling the 5 remaining boards at 5$ a piece including shipping, i will be able to finance most of the cost for 10pcs of the new version.

If you have use for this type of module and are willing to spend 5$ supporting my next batch of the newer design, i will offer you the new design for the same price.

To those interested to buy one or more of these modules I will also include a Joule Thief.

« Last Edit: January 01, 2018, 02:48:57 pm by soubitos »

• Frequent Contributor
    • I sell on Tindie
Only 1 left!

• Frequent Contributor
    • I sell on Tindie
Thank you for your interest!
New improved version coming up next

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo