Author Topic: SOLD TP5100FLEXADV-V2.00 Lithium battery charger/boost converter  (Read 1278 times)

Offline soubitosTopic starter

• Frequent Contributor
    • I sell on Tindie
TP5100FlexAdv is a 1S lithium battery charger build around the TP5100 and a voltage booster in one.
What is it?
TP5100FlexAdv-v2.00 is a 1S lithium battery charger build around the Toppower TP5100 IC plus a voltage booster circuit in the same pcb. TP5100 allows for a wide input voltage range without additional regulator and charges the battery or batteries with 2A max charge current. The module allows for a screw terminal connection or 5V USB via the microUSB connector and outputs adjusted voltage from battery level and all the way up to 24V.

Why did you make it?
I am sure all who start working with lithium batteries face the same problem.. how to charge them safely. Most people will eventually find their way to some TP4056 module but they have several drawbacks, charging current of 1A being one of them! With TP5100 charging current is 2A max. I also added a booster circuit in the same module so you dont have to get another module and cables running between them solder on tiny pcbs...

What makes it special?
TP5100FlexAdv stands for a TP5100 charger which is Flex-ible and Adv-anced. All connections to the module are either via connectors or screw terminals - No more soldering a bunch of wires to a tiny pcb Input voltage can be either 5V USB or as low as 4,5V and up to 18V from a variety of sources including solar! - You can use your old router or laptop or phone power supplies without problems. You can even connect it to a small solar panel and it will charge your batteries. The battery or batteries are being charged safely and are protected against short circuits, overcharging and undercharging! You get access to the battery voltage (a load powered directly from the battery with protection) but you also get a booster circuit capable to deliver up to 24V. The booster circuit can handle loads up to 2A but in practice this depends on the battery charge level and the desired output voltage. Typical is 500-800mA, good to power a wide variety of loads. No need to buy another module to elevate the battery voltage! At all times, an NTC (supplied, not soldered to the pcb) keeps track of the battery/batteries temperature level making sure the batteries are being charged within safe limits

TP5100FlexAdv is only 70x33mm and it can fit in small cases. You can build a self contained power source with 1-2 18650's that will fit nicely under the pcb saving space and making possible to power your projects for hours!

The module uses a Common Anode 3pin RED-GREEN LED to indicate charging status (also supplied, not soldered to the pcb)

Price for a single module is $4.49 +$3.49 shipping via airmail (orders of 5 or more will be shipped via registered airmail)
« Last Edit: March 01, 2018, 01:45:52 pm by soubitos »

The following users thanked this post: Inverted18650

• Frequent Contributor
    • I sell on Tindie
Re: FS TP5100FLEXADV-V2.00 Lithium battery charger/boost converter
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2018, 12:38:02 am »
It's finally approved on Tindie!
https://www.tindie.com/products/11350/

• Frequent Contributor
    • I sell on Tindie
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2018, 01:20:52 am »
I only have 2 TP5100FlexAdv v2.00 modules left so i offer them with a 10% discount on Tindie.
Your discount code is 2961D4B0

More will be available as soon as i get the parts for them!

• Frequent Contributor
    • I sell on Tindie
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2018, 07:57:27 pm »
I only have 2 TP5100FlexAdv v2.00 modules left so i offer them with a 10% discount on Tindie.
Your discount code is 2961D4B0

More will be available as soon as i get the parts for them!

I made another small batch before v2.10 is ready.
Currently 7pcs are available 10% discount is still valid with code 2961D4B0 and if you order more than 5pcs you are getting them at a VERY low price to begin with!

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf