Author Topic: GPT-815 GW Instek HighPot Tester  (Read 5190 times)

Offline Strube09Topic starter

• Regular Contributor
GPT-815 GW Instek HighPot Tester
« on: June 16, 2010, 02:58:26 pm »
Anyone interested in a repair/parts AC/DC "Voltage withstand" (HighPot) tester.

Out company had sent it out for calibration and it was dropped during shipping.

There is some damage to the front plastic panel and the power switch has broken. The actual power switch on the PCB is KDC-A11. Everything inside looks in great shape but I cannot verify functionality as I am not going to take the time to fix it. (Insurance bought us a new one :)

Willing to take some pictures if there are any interested parties.

Please keep in mind this type of equipment is not a toy to just repair for the fun of it or try to fix and sell if you don't know what you are doing.

I will be sold as is and you will be responsible for your own safety.

Thanks.

Offline Time

• Frequent Contributor
Re: GPT-815 GW Instek HighPot Tester
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2010, 03:17:12 pm »
I fixed a DC high pot tester at work once.  It was a battery powered one though (SLA).  The only problem with it was the HV DC/DC (12v-30kV) unit was blown.  It would have cost us 1.5k US dollars to have the company who made it repair it.  Instead I took it apart and figured out the problem and contacted the company who made the DC to DC converter and fixed it for a measely $550. 

What are you asking for it?
« Last Edit: June 16, 2010, 03:26:01 pm by Time »
-Time

Offline Polossatik

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2010, 06:12:22 pm »
might be usefull to state from where you are shipping :)
Real Circuit design time in minutes= (2 + Nscopes) Testim + (40 +120 Kbrewski) Nfriends

Testim = estimated time in minutes Nscopes= number of oscilloscopes present Kbrewski = linear approx of the nonlinear beer effect Nfriends = number of circuit design friends present

Offline Strube09Topic starter

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2010, 08:48:08 pm »
I fixed a DC high pot tester at work once.  It was a battery powered one though (SLA).  The only problem with it was the HV DC/DC (12v-30kV) unit was blown.  It would have cost us 1.5k US dollars to have the company who made it repair it.  Instead I took it apart and figured out the problem and contacted the company who made the DC to DC converter and fixed it for a measely $550. 

What are you asking for it?

Asking $250 and shipping from the USA (Michigan).

Click pictures for larger view:

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf