Author Topic: Hakko Soldering Station  (Read 3731 times)

Offline ulixTopic starter

• Regular Contributor
Hakko Soldering Station
« on: August 28, 2016, 01:02:17 pm »
Hello,
I'm looking for a Hakko Soldering Station preferably with analog temperature controll. Does someone have something or does have a source? If price and condition is good, it should not matter if its 115V nor the plug. (Money matters for me, I'm an electronics student  :'( )
I can transform it to 230v.

Offline Aodhan145

• Frequent Contributor
Re: Hakko Soldering Station
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2016, 01:42:15 pm »
If you are looking to budget whats wrong with a 936 clone.

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2016, 02:10:56 pm »
At first I hope I could get a cheap hakko than a 936 clone.
I think you feel the difference... and it has bad/reused components.
I have a ersa 20w soldering iron, but it has less power.  (Only 3years old)

Offline nanofrog

• Super Contributor
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2016, 05:15:20 pm »
The only Hakko with a knob these days is the FX-950, which goes for ~225EUR. I mention this, as used FX-888 analogs are hard to come by from what I've seen.

Since you're on a budget, I'd recommend looking for a used quality station from other top brands before gambling on an Asian made station. There really are noticeable differences; such as silicone cables, decent ergonomics, and grips stay cool to the touch after hours of use.

Some analog examples on eBay.de:Since you didn't offer a budget, I tried to keep it under 100EUR.

The Metcal STSS-PS2V-02 was too close to ignore however, and both auctions are likely to exceed the 100EUR target as the bidding continues (doesn't hurt to try though).

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2016, 07:53:47 pm »
Hi,
I need to buy a soldering station. As said, I have a soldering iron with 20W (very good, ERSA Multi-Pro). Which doesn't have enought power to do the job I have.

I don't want to buy a cheap one and then in 2-3 years it's broken or is not good enough any more. It has to last long!
I read a lot about Hakko, and it looks like they last long... I need 60W and Temperature Regulation.
I'm willing to pay 200-250 Euro, but then it must be very good, then new. (No Weller, never!)
The Linked Hakko fx-950 is 225 without VAT!!! It's 300€ with VAT and shipping, which is a little too much... I would get it ASPA for 250€.

In the first place I'm looking for a Hakko FX-888 which is analog.
I hoped there is someone which has a Hakko fx-888 (analog) or fx-950 and sells it.

Offline nanofrog

• Super Contributor
« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2016, 08:16:31 pm »
Hi,
I need to buy a soldering station. As said, I have a soldering iron with 20W (very good, ERSA Multi-Pro). Which doesn't have enought power to do the job I have.

I don't want to buy a cheap one and then in 2-3 years it's broken or is not good enough any more. It has to last long!
I read a lot about Hakko, and it looks like they last long... I need 60W and Temperature Regulation.
I'm willing to pay 200-250 Euro, but then it must be very good, then new. (No Weller, never!)
The Linked Hakko fx-950 is 225 without VAT!!! It's 300€ with VAT and shipping, which is a little too much... I would get it ASPA for 250€.

In the first place I'm looking for a Hakko FX-888 which is analog.
I hoped there is someone which has a Hakko fx-888 (analog) or fx-950 and sells it.
As I mentioned before, used FX-888's are rare, and the FX-950 is too new yet.

Slightly above your budget, but the JBC - BT-2BWA Kit (Weidinger Edition) is the last JBC available with an analog control. To get JBC cheaper than this, you'd have to buy a used station. JBC will also outperform the FX-950, and run rings around the FX-888 models.

Another brand I'd recommend checking out is Ersa (i.e. a used I-Con 1). Technically it's a digital interface, but uses an encoder knob for control (you get more features with digital). Otherwise, I'd say the I-Con Nano, which can be had within your budget new (good value within the EU). Their tips are of excellent quality as well, according to owners here on the forum.

Offline buyman

• Contributor
« Reply #6 on: August 28, 2016, 08:19:47 pm »
Unfortunatley the analog Version got a increase in price: http://www.chiemtronic.de/produkte/jbc-loetstationen-loettechnik/analoge-jbc-loetstation-bt-2bwa/
Maybe you can ask them for a discount. I remember a price of ~270€ not long ago.

I'd recommend you go for the JBC. I bought a CD-2BE not long ago and it was definitely the right choice.

Offline nanofrog

• Super Contributor
« Reply #7 on: August 28, 2016, 11:53:01 pm »
Unfortunatley the analog Version got a increase in price: http://www.chiemtronic.de/produkte/jbc-loetstationen-loettechnik/analoge-jbc-loetstation-bt-2bwa/
Maybe you can ask them for a discount. I remember a price of ~270€ not long ago.

I'd recommend you go for the JBC. I bought a CD-2BE not long ago and it was definitely the right choice.
The Weidinger version (JBC BT-2BWA) is currently selling for 259.95EUR.  :-+ So you'd be able to get it for about what Chiemtronic wants for it before VAT. ;D

Offline Monkeh

• Super Contributor
« Reply #8 on: August 29, 2016, 12:05:39 am »
Do you really need a temperature control? Think hard about that one.

You were linked to a reasonably priced Metcal which will likely outperform any station you can buy used or new for three times the price. It's missing the stand, but that's not a huge loss.

Online Shock

• Super Contributor
« Reply #9 on: August 29, 2016, 01:44:34 am »
It's the new thing, Eevblog purists demand analog.
Soldering/Rework: Pace ADS200, Pace MBT350
Multimeters: Fluke 189, 87V, 117, 112   >>> WANTED STUFF <<<
Oszilloskopen: Lecroy 9314, Phillips PM3065, Tektronix 2215a, 314

Offline buyman

• Contributor
« Reply #10 on: August 29, 2016, 06:24:46 am »
The Weidinger version (JBC BT-2BWA) is currently selling for 259.95EUR.  :-+ So you'd be able to get it for about what Chiemtronic wants for it before VAT. ;D

Nope, sorry. Chiemtronic is selling the Weidinger Edition as well. So both our links are for the same edition :)

Chiemtronic is selling to end users, Weidinger not. The price is the same:
Weidinger: 269,95€ net price -> 309,34€
Chiemtronic: 308€

:)

As I said, Chiemtronic was even cheaper than Weidinger until a few months ago (they sold it to end customers for ~270€ afair).

Offline nanofrog

• Super Contributor
« Reply #11 on: August 29, 2016, 03:41:13 pm »
Nope, sorry. Chiemtronic is selling the Weidinger Edition as well. So both our links are for the same edition :)

Chiemtronic is selling to end users, Weidinger not. The price is the same:
Weidinger: 269,95€ net price -> 309,34€
Chiemtronic: 308€

:)

As I said, Chiemtronic was even cheaper than Weidinger until a few months ago (they sold it to end customers for ~270€ afair).
Didn't realize that Chiemtronic's price included VAT.

I suspected it was the same unit (29xx era? compact model they've put back into production). Regardless, I'm glad to see they offer a lower cost alternative to the digital compact stations, even if it's limited to the EU.  :-+

I also forgot to mention the Ersa 102 series tips are a lot less expensive than JBC's cartridge tips (the 102 series is just plated copper, and it seems the plating is nice and thick  ;D).

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf