Author Topic: ITT Tech - EDUCATIONAL ASSETS FROM (31) COLLEGE SITES  (Read 11678 times)

Offline jrc22skiTopic starter

• Regular Contributor
    • SoldTiger
ITT Tech - EDUCATIONAL ASSETS FROM (31) COLLEGE SITES
« on: November 21, 2016, 10:02:34 pm »
ADVANCE NOTICE  (I will post additional information as it becomes available)

By Order of the U.S. Bankruptcy Court - ITT Technical Institute

Along with Office & Classroom Furniture, Medical Training Equipment, Computers, Network & Telecom equipment there will also be:

Hundreds of Oscilloscopes, Function Generators, Multimeters, DC Power Supplies, Pulse Generators, RF Signal Generators, Waveform Generators, Frequency Counters and More by Rigol, Lectronic, GW Instek, HP, Global Specialties and Others

This will be sale number 1 of 3 for assets moved from 31 college sites to Jacksonville, FL.

Initial information is available here/this will be updated with a catalog including images and descriptions:

http://soldtiger.com/cgi-bin/mndetails.cgi?tigergrp233

Circumstances of the bankruptcy and Tiger retention:

http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/ag-realty-partners-and-tiger-capital-group-retained-by-bankruptcy-trustee-to-manage-sale-of-itt-educational-services-assets-300340901.html

http://itt-tech.info

As always, feel free to contact me with any comment or questions.

Thank you for your interest,

John Coelho
Sr. VP - Remarketing Services
Tiger Group | Asset Intelligent
84 State St. 4th Floor
Boston, MA 02109
P: (617) 523-5866 | C: (617) 797-0430 | F: (617) 523-3007
JCoelho@TigerGroup.com
www.TigerGroup.com
« Last Edit: November 22, 2016, 03:06:03 am by jrc22ski »

Offline ez24

• Super Contributor
  • L.D.A.
Re: ITT Tech - EDUCATIONAL ASSETS FROM (31) COLLEGE SITES
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2016, 05:25:17 am »
I wonder what a skeleton will sell for?  1000 hospital beds !

Must be fun to be there  :-+

I wonder if the buyer from Oregon will go there?
YouTube and Website Electronic Resources ------>  https://www.eevblog.com/forum/other-blog-specific/a/msg1341166/#msg1341166

Offline Falcon69

• Super Contributor
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2016, 05:54:47 am »
This is pretty bad what they did to all those students who payed for their schooling and are now 'stuck' with their education bill and have no degree. Not that a degree from ITT meant anything in the first place, but none the less, they still didn't get what they paid for.

Saw this on the news a month or so back. All those students were very upset and worried about what to do. Just all of a sudden doors were closed as they showed of for school that day with a sign posted on the door that the college had closed permanently.

I went there for 2 quarters, and dropped out. I was not impressed with their level of teaching.  I enrolled into a community college instead.  It turned out that the professors that were teaching me there at ITT, they said they were graduates themselves FROM ITT of their 2 year course as well. LOL   :-DD Seriously?  And that makes you qualified to teach others?  So I dropped out when I heard that.  That plus the fact the professor was holding back a class of 35 students a week to work on resistor color codes because two other students couldn't seem to 'grasp' the concept.  :-DD  Also, the professor didn't 'feel' like teaching one night and brought in a movie called 'The Edge' for everyone to watch instead.  Real professional.  I complained to the administrative office. Did no good.  So that was my experience there. 

Good they closed their doors, just bad they did it the way they did and left those current students hanging.

At the time I went, their equipment wasn't all that great, maybe they invested too much recently on new equipment and that's why they bankrupted. Might be worth a looksy.

The following users thanked this post: TiN

Offline KD0CAC John

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2016, 02:20:05 pm »
The site does not let me view , or any images of any value ?

• Regular Contributor
    • SoldTiger
« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2016, 02:48:51 pm »
The site does not let me view , or any images of any value ?

KD0CAC John,

We will have the Jacksonville ITT site completed by December 1, 2016.

Catalog and images of all assets at the sale will be posted here and available for your review/bidding:

john

Offline KD0CAC John

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #5 on: November 23, 2016, 03:50:13 pm »
Thanks

Offline nctnico

• Super Contributor
    • NCT Developments
« Reply #6 on: November 23, 2016, 06:53:42 pm »
I also spots lots of filing cabinets with drawers. I like those because you can store a lot in them without things getting lost at the back.
There are small lies, big lies and then there is what is on the screen of your oscilloscope.

• Regular Contributor
    • SoldTiger
« Reply #7 on: November 28, 2016, 03:59:08 pm »
I also spots lots of filing cabinets with drawers. I like those because you can store a lot in them without things getting lost at the back.

nctnico,

Please be aware that the majority of the the vertical file cabinets are fire proof.

I do believe there will be some regular file cabinets as well though.

Thank you,
john
« Last Edit: November 28, 2016, 04:04:23 pm by jrc22ski »

• Regular Contributor
    • SoldTiger
« Reply #8 on: November 28, 2016, 08:09:47 pm »
ITT Jacksonville Online Auction Sale Schedule will be as follows:

• The inventory will be posted to our Auction Page on Thursday, December 1st here http://soldtiger.com/cgi-bin/mndetails.cgi?tigergrp233
   • Onsite inspection / preview to the public will be Wednesday, December 7th, 9AM - 5PM (ET)
   • The Auction ends Thursday, December 8th, starting at 10:30AM (ET) and will continue throughout the day

There will be well over 1500 lots in this sale.

In addition to the Jacksonville, FL sale event, there will be additional ITT Tech asset sales here and as follows:

http://soldtiger.com/cgi-bin/mndetails.cgi?tigergrp243

Hagerstown, MD (ASSETS FROM 36 ITT TECH COLLEGE SITES)
100 Tandy Road
Hagerstown, MD 21740
Onsite Inspection / Preview: Monday, Dec 12 from 9am to 5pm (ET)
Checkout: Wed - Friday, Dec 14 - 23 from 9am to 5pm (ET)

and,

http://soldtiger.com/cgi-bin/mndetails.cgi?tigergrp242

Oklahoma City, OK (ASSETS FROM 39 ITT TECH COLLEGE SITES)
7501 SW 29th Street
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma 73179
Onsite Inspection Preview: Wednesday, Dec 14 from 9am to 5pm (CT)
Checkout: Friday - Friday, Dec 16 - 23 from 9am to 5pm (CT)

If there are any issues with access to the links above or you have questions, feel free to contact me through this forum or directly here:

John Coelho
Senior Vice President
Tiger Group | Commercial & Industrial
60 State St., 11th Floor
Boston, MA 02109
jcoelho@TigerGroup.com
www.TigerGroup.com

Upcoming Sale Calendar:
http://www.SoldTiger.com

Thank you,
john

• Regular Contributor
    • SoldTiger
« Reply #9 on: December 01, 2016, 07:39:43 pm »
This auction sale is now posted and details on the sale are here:

For description and images of each of the 1807 lots, please go to the VIEW ITEMS AND BID tab here:

http://soldtiger.com/cgi-bin/mnlist.cgi?tigergrp233/category/ALL

You can also sort the items you are interested in with the "select category" drop down box.  ELECTRONIC TEST EQUIPMENT is here:

http://soldtiger.com/cgi-bin/mnlist.cgi?tigergrp233/category/ELECTRONIC-TEST-EQUIPMENT

Thank you for your interest and if you have any questions or comments, please reply to me here or contact me directly,

John Coelho
60 State St., 11th Floor
Boston, MA 02109
P: (617) 523-5866 | C: (617) 797-0430
jcoelho@TigerGroup.com
www.TigerGroup.com

Upcoming Sale Calendar:

Offline nctnico

• Super Contributor
    • NCT Developments
« Reply #10 on: December 01, 2016, 07:41:08 pm »
I wish you'd put the test equipment on Ebay. Most test equipment you have for sale is very interesting to end users and they are easely boxed and shipped so they could bring in extra profit with a little bit of extra work.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2016, 08:09:25 pm by nctnico »
There are small lies, big lies and then there is what is on the screen of your oscilloscope.

• Regular Contributor
    • SoldTiger
« Reply #11 on: December 01, 2016, 08:13:15 pm »
I wish you'd put the test equipment on Ebay. Most test equipment you have for sale are very interesting to end users and they are easely boxed and shipped so they could bring in extra profit with a little bit of extra work.

nctnico,

Ebay is just a different auction platform and the result is pretty much similar or the same.

If you wish to have an item shipped, feel free to use a shipper of your choice or one of the ones we have listed here:

http://soldtiger.com/tigergrp/tigergrp233/files/ship.pdf

Packing and shipping process would be between you and the shipper of your choice.

Please be aware that if a prevailing bidder on an item(s) wishes to have a 3rd party handle the pick up, we will require authorization to do so with this form executed by that prevailing bidder:

http://soldtiger.com/images/agentrelease.pdf

I hope this helps and thank you for looking.

Regards,
john

Offline nctnico

• Super Contributor
    • NCT Developments
« Reply #12 on: December 01, 2016, 09:50:02 pm »
Sorry... way too complicated for me (and probably many others). I just want to pay for the item + shipping and get a box delivered on my doorstep. I don't want to go through a process where I need to (very) remotely control a third party (USPS for example) to deal with a seller and see if they can make their schedules match. And then there is the issue of packing the item properly.

You may see Ebay as a competitor but they do have a lot of logistics in place: Ebay takes care of advertising, payment and overseas shipping (global shipping program) in a very easy way. All you need to do is pack the stuff in boxes, label them and shove them into a truck in one go. How much time does it take you to deal with buyers who bought 5 items or less? Deal with several shipping companies which need to take specific items? Making sure everyone gets the right item? This must be very time consuming as well.

Offline KJDS

• Super Contributor
    • my website holding page
« Reply #13 on: December 01, 2016, 10:18:30 pm »
With ebay the seller is liable for anything that goes wrong, whereas with a trade auction it's caveat emptor.

Given that they are selling on behalf of the receiver then I can understand why they don't want to end up with any liabilities

Offline nctnico

• Super Contributor
    • NCT Developments
« Reply #14 on: December 01, 2016, 10:35:09 pm »
No pain = no gain. BTW A lot of risk can be removed by using tracked parcels and the global shipping program goes even a step further by taking the liability (=pay the refund to the buyer) in case of missing or damaged parcels.
http://pages.ebay.com/help/sell/shipping-globally.html#protected
There is a lot to rant about when it comes to Ebay from a seller's perspective but it seems they got this part right for the sellers. As long as the right item goes into the right box and the box ends up at the global shipping centre it is smooth sailing.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2016, 10:37:49 pm by nctnico »

Offline nctnico

• Super Contributor
    • NCT Developments
« Reply #15 on: December 02, 2016, 12:18:31 am »
I'd say the auctioneers are making their money from a contract with the receivers. Ebay introduces complications not usual for such a deal. There would be a need to "close the books" on it quickly. The receivers themselves would be under time pressure to do the same on behalf of the creditors.
There could be time pressure to clear out a building but in this case it seems they have enough time to organise an auction. Also sensible creditors make sure they get the most of their money back and not a quick buck made by selling off everything way too cheap. BTW 'that is the way of things' doesn't sound like a good breading ground for doing business in an innovative new and more profitable way.
« Last Edit: December 02, 2016, 12:20:39 am by nctnico »

Offline PedroDaGr8

• Super Contributor
  • A sociable geek chemist
« Reply #16 on: December 02, 2016, 02:30:58 am »
I'd say the auctioneers are making their money from a contract with the receivers. Ebay introduces complications not usual for such a deal. There would be a need to "close the books" on it quickly. The receivers themselves would be under time pressure to do the same on behalf of the creditors.
There could be time pressure to clear out a building but in this case it seems they have enough time to organise an auction. Also sensible creditors make sure they get the most of their money back and not a quick buck made by selling off everything way too cheap. BTW 'that is the way of things' doesn't sound like a good breading ground for doing business in an innovative new and more profitable way.

eBay just plain isn't more profitable for auction houses. I know auction houses that looked into eBay to try to increase revenue and quite simply it doesn't. eBay has been around long enough that the major auction houses have looked into it and decided it is not worth the hassle.

According to an aquiantance who is an auctioneer:

1) They take a HUGE cut of the profits, between PayPal, eBay fees, etc. You will notice, there is a buyers premium paid by the buyer, directly to the auction house. On eBay those fees are paid by the seller to eBay. These fees can add up to a significant portion of the final price.

2) There is DRAMATICALLY more overhead for eBay selling. Even in listing, you need to hire people to handle the detailed ads (otherwise you will get a dramatically lower price than at auction). These hires eat into the profit.

3) You need to handle shipping, which means a shipping department (which means a multitude of employees). They have to handle packaging, customs forms, etc. This is a VERY expensive overhead cost, which eats into the profit even more (if not turns it into a solid loss). Traditional auction houses require the buyer to arrange for a shipping company to handle this otherwise they pick it up.

4) You have to handle returns, damaged and lost goods. This leaves the books open way longer than necessary which costs them a LOT of money.

Quite simply, from the auciton houses perspective, eBay is not some bold new frontier, it is just a huge money sink. When eBay first came out, my acquaintance knew many auction houses (including his own) that dabbled in it and without fail they all said they lost money on the venture. The slight increase in prices and exposure doesn't nearly offset the huge increases in cost from doing business on eBay.

EDIT: Clarified somethings and removed some redundancies.
« Last Edit: December 02, 2016, 02:37:05 am by PedroDaGr8 »
The very existence of flamethrowers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, "You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done." -George Carlin

Offline mtdoc

• Super Contributor
« Reply #17 on: December 02, 2016, 05:25:33 am »
Holy crap that is a shitload of test equipment there!.  Not the newest and highest end stuff but it all looks to be in decent shape.   

Someone could probably make a decent living for a year or two buying up the pallets of scopes, power supplies and function generators and reselling them individually on eBay.

I can't imaging there are enough institutional buyers around who could put to use that large of a number of that grade of test equipment to use.  Maybe some technical schools on a tight budget?

Offline Kohanbash

• Regular Contributor
    • Robots for Roboticists
« Reply #18 on: December 02, 2016, 02:11:50 pm »
I wish you'd put the test equipment on Ebay. Most test equipment you have for sale are very interesting to end users and they are easely boxed and shipped so they could bring in extra profit with a little bit of extra work.

nctnico,

Ebay is just a different auction platform and the result is pretty much similar or the same.

If you wish to have an item shipped, feel free to use a shipper of your choice or one of the ones we have listed here:

http://soldtiger.com/tigergrp/tigergrp233/files/ship.pdf

Packing and shipping process would be between you and the shipper of your choice.

Please be aware that if a prevailing bidder on an item(s) wishes to have a 3rd party handle the pick up, we will require authorization to do so with this form executed by that prevailing bidder:

http://soldtiger.com/images/agentrelease.pdf

I hope this helps and thank you for looking.

Regards,
john

Saying put on ebay is one option.

As a consumer I dont care if it is ebay. I just dont want to deal with shipping. If there was an option where you ship the item (obviously I would pay extra for shipping) without me contacting a 3rd party and filling out forms that would be easier.

Edit: I recognize that you are selling various size lots and would love to not sell lots of individual items.
« Last Edit: December 02, 2016, 02:16:14 pm by Kohanbash »
Robots for Roboticists Blog - http://robotsforroboticists.com/

Offline nctnico

• Super Contributor
    • NCT Developments
« Reply #19 on: December 02, 2016, 02:27:11 pm »
Quite simply, from the auciton houses perspective, eBay is not some bold new frontier, it is just a huge money sink. When eBay first came out, my acquaintance knew many auction houses (including his own) that dabbled in it and without fail they all said they lost money on the venture. The slight increase in prices and exposure doesn't nearly offset the huge increases in cost from doing business on eBay.
Then explain how the people buying the items are going to make money from them?

Offline ez24

• Super Contributor
  • L.D.A.
« Reply #20 on: December 02, 2016, 07:20:13 pm »
Then explain how the people buying the items are going to make money from them?

By renting a trailer and hauling them away like another member did.  (he bought a hugh lot on ebay and drove 2,000 miles with a trailer)

There will be ebay sellers buying this stuff using their cargo trucks and trailers, this stuff is working its way down the food chain.
YouTube and Website Electronic Resources ------>  https://www.eevblog.com/forum/other-blog-specific/a/msg1341166/#msg1341166

Offline helius

• Super Contributor
« Reply #21 on: December 02, 2016, 07:31:06 pm »
I suppose the actual question is how, if party A in original possession of the goods can't make money from selling it on eBay, how party B who buys said goods from A is able to do so, given that the fees and expenses are the same for A as for B. If B is going to use the item profitably for some years and it depreciates, then there is an explanation of how the item "goes down the food chain". But simply moving it around in a truck does not explain anything.

As an aside, there is a brand of Scandinavian spirit that, as part of its aging process, is laded onto a ship and transported to the tropics where it must cross over the Equator twice. Unlike such spirits, test equipment does not noticeably appreciate in value by being transported over great distances.
« Last Edit: December 02, 2016, 07:35:09 pm by helius »

Online Someone

• Super Contributor
    • send complaints here
« Reply #22 on: December 02, 2016, 09:14:18 pm »
I suppose the actual question is how, if party A in original possession of the goods can't make money from selling it on eBay, how party B who buys said goods from A is able to do so, given that the fees and expenses are the same for A as for B. If B is going to use the item profitably for some years and it depreciates, then there is an explanation of how the item "goes down the food chain". But simply moving it around in a truck does not explain anything.
Its partly about risk, the traders (middle men/women) will buy things at auction that are untested and sometimes in large quantities. So how do they make a profit?

1) They then test each item and sell it on with some sort of assurance, they take on the risk that the items have problems.
2) They already have the logistics setup for shipping/sales.
3) They have storage where the items sit while they wait for a buyer.
4) They spread the items availability out over a longer period and are able to charge higher prices (weighed against depreciation, more risk).

Auction reselling can be a good living if you're interested but with its popularisation on TV I can only assume its getting harder every year.

Offline broderp

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #23 on: December 04, 2016, 02:51:31 am »
This is pretty bad what they did to all those students who payed for their schooling and are now 'stuck' with their education bill and have no degree. Not that a degree from ITT meant anything in the first place, but none the less, they still didn't get what they paid for.

I graduated there back in 1996.  Got a degree and a job.  I have been working ever since then at the SAME job now for over 22 years.  The AAS degree in electronics I received opened the door for me.  Today, I have raised 4 kids on that degree from ITT, almost finished my BS (class ranked as a junior) and am working as a field Engineer for an ITW company.  My wife and I own 2 homes and he live well.  We are not rich but have never gone without.

And yes, I paid back ALL my student loans as well. lol.  I think before people make blanket statements such as the above, they should consider their own situation.  Over half of anything is what you make it.  If you go in saying it sucks, then it will.  I graduated top of my class and have kept that momentum ever since. 

Maybe some of those schools sucked, I didn't follow the story fully but not all did and not during the time I went there.

The following users thanked this post: rsjsouza, Someone, Johncanfield

Offline PedroDaGr8

• Super Contributor
  • A sociable geek chemist
« Reply #24 on: December 04, 2016, 02:22:25 pm »

I graduated there back in 1996.  Got a degree and a job.  I have been working ever since then at the SAME job now for over 22 years.  The AAS degree in electronics I received opened the door for me.  Today, I have raised 4 kids on that degree from ITT, almost finished my BS (class ranked as a junior) and am working as a field Engineer for an ITW company.  My wife and I own 2 homes and he live well.  We are not rich but have never gone without.

And yes, I paid back ALL my student loans as well. lol.  I think before people make blanket statements such as the above, they should consider their own situation.  Over half of anything is what you make it.  If you go in saying it sucks, then it will.  I graduated top of my class and have kept that momentum ever since. 

Maybe some of those schools sucked, I didn't follow the story fully but not all did and not during the time I went there.

From what I understand, these schools changed dramatically in the early to mid 2000s when the investors took over and started truly running them as a hardcore profit source.
The very existence of flamethrowers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, "You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done." -George Carlin

Offline Kohanbash

• Regular Contributor
    • Robots for Roboticists
« Reply #25 on: December 04, 2016, 07:22:41 pm »
Hi  all
I am also a graduate of ITT. I saw good and bad to the system, while many people succeeded, many more people were not able to get a job in their field or did not graduate.

Most of the instructors were good and had significant experience to add to the class. However, a few teachers gave out test answers as a "study guide" to make all students pass...

When I was there in 2006 the tuition was around $36K for 2 years (including summer).  By 2013 it was $48K.  If you look at it as $24K/year that included summer classes, electronic parts and tools for lab, and books, its inline with many private universities in the USA.

From my perspective the problem was mostly in the admission department (as pushed by ITT corporate) where anyone with a pulse would get accepted and pushed into programs that they had little interest or knowledge about. Many of those people later dropped out with large loans.

I did a longer write up of my experience here http://robotsforroboticists.com/profit-education/
Robots for Roboticists Blog - http://robotsforroboticists.com/

• Regular Contributor
    • SoldTiger
« Reply #26 on: December 06, 2016, 12:57:18 am »
As a reminder, there will be a preview on Wednesday, December 7 from 9am to 5pm (ET) - open to the public - in Jacksonville FL. 

This will be an opportunity for prospective buyer and/or their agents to inspect all assets available in this sale event.

If interested parties would like to inspect and cannot make it on the 7th, we may accommodate inspection by appointment - please call or email me if interested.

Thank you,

John Coelho
Senior Vice President
60 State St., 11th Floor
Boston, MA 02109
jcoelho@TigerGroup.com
www.TigerGroup.com

Upcoming Sale Calendar:

• Regular Contributor
    • SoldTiger
« Reply #27 on: December 07, 2016, 05:31:22 pm »
Inspection of the assets is going on today until 5pm ET here:

1501 Haines Street
Jacksonville, FL 32206

The ~1800 lots will commence closing, in a staggered fashion, tomorrow at 10:30am ET and continue throughout the day.

Interested parties can register for the sale and bid here:

As mentioned prior, we do list 3rd party shippers here as well to assist with prevailing bidders who wish to have assets packaged and shipped on their behalf.

As always, feel free to contact me with comments or questions.

John Coelho
Senior Vice President
60 State St., 11th Floor
Boston, MA 02109
jcoelho@TigerGroup.com
www.TigerGroup.com

Upcoming Sale Calendar:

Offline Jay_Diddy_B

• Super Contributor
« Reply #28 on: December 07, 2016, 08:19:07 pm »
Hi,

I looked the lots for sale. There is a lot of repetition, as to be expected, of educational grade instruments.

Are members excited about this auction? For me there is little interest.

Now if I was equipping  a school lab....

Regards,

Jay_Diddy_B

Offline gnavigator1007

• Supporter
« Reply #29 on: December 15, 2016, 06:59:15 pm »
I ended up doing pretty well at this thing.  Pretty happy for my first auction. Pretty good prices on equipment for hobbyist use. Of course I ended up with a lot more than I needed. Will probably end up posting some stuff here for sale at a discounted forum price after the holidays. It was really interesting to watch people's bidding behaviors on some things I felt the prices had gone too high. There was just so much volume!  The quantity of unopened outdated equipment was shocking. I'm really curious to see what people end up reselling some of this stuff for on eBay. The warehouse space in Jacksonville I had to pick everything up from was probably the largest open floor indoor space I've ever been inside.

Offline stts

• Contributor
« Reply #30 on: December 26, 2016, 07:40:29 pm »
I was pretty disappointed in this whole situation. Theres an ITT facility in my town and they came and trucked everything to Maryland, Florida and oklahoma. I called the shipping companies and they wanted $300 and up to deliver small loads from there. And they were all coy about extra charges to deal with loads they had to wait on and pack up. So it ended up being an impossible situation for me. I watched the bidding on many items and the prices were over the top. Well used equipment missing ALL the accesories in AS IS condition were way up there with buyers premiums added on top. Tack on another 15% to resell items on Ebay, and theres just no way to make any reasonable money on most items up for bid. Lots of laser printers that weighed a ton and had HPs infamous shut down counters when toner, drum, or fusing unit hit their copy count, were going for hundreds of dollars each. Crazy. Overall, there was nothing being bid on that was newer than about 5 years old. Clearly ITT had stopped aquiring new equipment long ago. I did bid on another auction companies ITT auction in my town of items in one building that this big firm left behind. I bought a cabinet stuffed with all the accesory odds and ends missing from this big auctions equipment. And I was able to pick this cabinet up myself. So maybe I can make a few bucks on Ebay and Paypals auction service. I suspect other technical companies were bidding up all this stuff with little reguard for prices. But its still old merchandise, and so far theres not alot of interest in the accesories I have so far posted on Ebay. Furniture was a good bargain, but only for those reasonably close to those 3 cities. Its such a shame as there could have been good bargains in 30 plus cities.

Offline cdev

• Super Contributor
  • !
« Reply #31 on: December 26, 2016, 08:09:24 pm »
They really should have given the equipment to the students who were left holding the bag when they went defunct. Of course things nowadays don't work like that, but they should .
"What the large print giveth, the small print taketh away."

• Regular Contributor
    • SoldTiger
« Reply #32 on: January 03, 2017, 03:24:49 pm »
stts/everybody:

Happy New Year and thank you for viewing our sale postings.

No test equipment at this upcoming sale at the ITT Corp HQ in Carmel, IN.  There is some nice Kimball and Steelcase executive and managerial office furniture however:

http://soldtiger.com/cgi-bin/mnlist.cgi?tigergrp245/category/ALL

Not listed here is some very nice Steelcase Office Systems we will sell in bulk.  Details are below and if you would like to see more images or would like to discuss further, please message, call or email me:

Over (200) Cubicle Workstations from ITT Corporate Headquarters in Carmel, IN.
•             Turnstone & Avenir Models
•             Many Powered including Power Poles
•             Includes Work Surfaces, Overhead Shelves, Cabinets w/ Lighting, File Cabinets
•             Mostly 60” Height, Some w/ Glass Panels

Pictures:
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/zoqm0297tt6yk7n/AAD-8Xgm0QkFdInunTnZ6xbja?dl=0

John Coelho
Senior Vice President
60 State St., 11th Floor
Boston, MA 02109
jcoelho@TigerGroup.com
www.TigerGroup.com

Upcoming Sale Calendar:

I was pretty disappointed in this whole situation. Theres an ITT facility in my town and they came and trucked everything to Maryland, Florida and oklahoma. I called the shipping companies and they wanted $300 and up to deliver small loads from there. And they were all coy about extra charges to deal with loads they had to wait on and pack up. So it ended up being an impossible situation for me. I watched the bidding on many items and the prices were over the top. Well used equipment missing ALL the accesories in AS IS condition were way up there with buyers premiums added on top. Tack on another 15% to resell items on Ebay, and theres just no way to make any reasonable money on most items up for bid. Lots of laser printers that weighed a ton and had HPs infamous shut down counters when toner, drum, or fusing unit hit their copy count, were going for hundreds of dollars each. Crazy. Overall, there was nothing being bid on that was newer than about 5 years old. Clearly ITT had stopped aquiring new equipment long ago. I did bid on another auction companies ITT auction in my town of items in one building that this big firm left behind. I bought a cabinet stuffed with all the accesory odds and ends missing from this big auctions equipment. And I was able to pick this cabinet up myself. So maybe I can make a few bucks on Ebay and Paypals auction service. I suspect other technical companies were bidding up all this stuff with little reguard for prices. But its still old merchandise, and so far theres not alot of interest in the accesories I have so far posted on Ebay. Furniture was a good bargain, but only for those reasonably close to those 3 cities. Its such a shame as there could have been good bargains in 30 plus cities.

Offline mmagin

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #33 on: January 16, 2017, 08:38:40 pm »
Hmm.  Not sure if this is what's driving down the price of triple output GW Instek power supplies on ebay, but I picked up a GPC-3020 cheap, because the specs seem good enough.  I normally like my 1970s HP bench supplies, but my only one with dual tracking outputs is the wee little 6235A, and it doesn't have a configurable current limit.

Offline stts

• Contributor
« Reply #34 on: August 11, 2022, 04:34:08 am »
Wow. How time flies. Yea, that whole auction mess could have been epic in opportunity. But what little I got, one cabinet stuffed entirely with everything, was probably the best thing at the auction. Scopes, power supplies, generators, meters, isolation transformers, cables of every kind, etc. I still got 2/3rds of it. Its useful. lifetime supply of scope probes. 2 dozen super cheap meters. Too cheap to sell but I already blew up a few and have plenty more to open up. Had 4 logic analyzer probe sets for a digital scope that was not in the cabinet. I put them on Ebay for $200 each and they all sold like hot cakes. I listed them for $100 each at first but when I saw the ad, I thought maybe I should double it. So I did really quick. That alone paid all my costs of monies and effort on the auction. I been selling stuff here and there. Sold the analog scope. Brand new but old tech. I figured it wouldnt hold value for very long. Ill put more on ebay soon. I need to clear out stuff.

The following users thanked this post: simba15

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf