Author Topic: Keysight 1052B $155.70, Calibrated, Free Shipping, 30 Day Warranty from Keysight  (Read 2731 times)

Offline PA0PBZ

• Super Contributor
Apart from being one of the ugliest scopes I have ever seen what's up with shipping worldwide and then excluding 3/4 of the world?  :-//
Keyboard error: Press F1 to continue.

Offline Neganur

• Supporter
Europe is excluded due to RoHS, it's a PITA to deal with for old instruments atm (yeah the 1052 is old :P)
The rest does not make sense to me either. Some embargo maybe, then again - Greenland excluded ? :/

"EU customers: contact Keysight Authorized Distributors for quotation and ordering; no longer available from Keysight due to lack of compliance with EU RoHS 2011/65/EU."
« Last Edit: October 01, 2017, 09:20:47 pm by Neganur »

Offline ogdento

• Regular Contributor
I was going to buy the Rigol 1054Z but saw this Keysight dso1052b on ebay... I couldn't resist for 155 bucks so I grabbed the last one, should have it in a week.

I've seen other eevblog posts saying it's a rebadged Rigol (1052e) without the deep memory.  Has anybody got any experience (good or bad) with one of these?  I couldn't find much on the web, hopefully it doesn't suck too bad.

Offline ogdento

• Regular Contributor
I did find the keysight/agilent 1052b in one of Dave's videos... starting about 7:49 in

it seems he wasn't too psyched with its update speed in comparison to the siglent that's above it.  i wouldn't think it'd be all that much different from the Rigol, wonder if it's just a firmware issue?

Offline Falcon69

• Super Contributor
Apart from being one of the ugliest scopes I have ever seen what's up with shipping worldwide and then excluding 3/4 of the world?  :-//

There is a LONG list of countries that aren't supported by PayPal, thus, if you ship an item to said country that is on the list from PayPal, PayPal will not reimburse any funds for those who pay with PayPal and skip out. So No seller protection. 

That is probably why they are excluding countries, that and the ROHS problem as mentioned.

Offline ogdento

• Regular Contributor
I am loving the 1052B I got for $155 bucks and I just noticed that Keysight have some 1072B scopes for $211

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Keysight-Used-DSO1072B-Oscilloscope-2-channel-70-MHz-16k-m-Agilent-/192446221862

It also looks like a great deal.

(My 1052 did not come with a power cord or probes and the 1072 scopes are the same deal)

Offline Old Printer

• Frequent Contributor
These are re-badged Rigols, correct? Though for $155 delivered with a factory warranty, tough to pass up. The price of a good DMM.

Offline Mr. Scram

• Super Contributor
  • Display aficionado
Ships worldwide, excludes half the world  :palm:

Offline ogdento

• Regular Contributor
Old Printer, yes it seems they are re-badged Rigols.  See this eevblog post regarding noise on the Rigol... there are photos on page 5/6 of the Keysight internals (the only diff seems to be the unpopulated memory chip, see page 6), and the last poster on page 5 says:

"I think it's a known fact that the Agilent/Keysight DS1052B / 1072B / 1102B scopes are rebadged Rigol's. Firmware and everything is the same as far as I can tell. I have a 1072B."

https://www.eevblog.com/forum/blog/rigol-ds1052e-nasty-surprise!/

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf