Author Topic: Milton Keynes - anyone near who needs test equipment for free ?  (Read 2890 times)

Offline FraserTopic starter

• Super Contributor
As some forum members know, I am a hoarder and the time has come to pass some equipment onto new worthy guardians :)

I am in the middle of a clear-out and suspect there will be equipment that will be in need of a good home. I will be giving it away but want no hassles so it will be collection only.

If anyone may be interested, please PM me.

Examples of the sort of equipment that will be available are largish items that I do not want to sell on eBay, such as Metex all in one systems that contain a PSU, Counter, DMM and Function Gen. Too heavy to post. There is also a lovely high quality Wavetek 178 50 MHz synthesised sig Gen. There will be a nice AVO 150 MHz RF sig gen (not the old Bakelite type, this is 1980's era I think). There will be more but I just need to establish a disposal route as any unwanted kit is going to the tip.

When contacting me please tell me a little about yourself and why you need the kit.

I have a garage, lab, attic, shed and home office filled with test equipment so the sort out will be ongoing for some time ! If I can help a beginner to get a basic test equipment set up, then I will.
I also believe in Karma so, please, no requests from those just wanting to make a quick buck by reselling on eBay.  ;)

I am located 5 miles North of Milton Keynes. UK.

Aurora
(Fraser)
« Last Edit: August 03, 2015, 07:16:28 pm by Aurora »
If I have helped you please consider a donation : https://gofund.me/c86b0a2c

Online artag

• Super Contributor
Re: Milton Keynes - anyone near who needs test equipment for free ?
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2015, 11:38:40 am »
MK Hackspace (http://www.mkmakerspace.co.uk/index.php/Main_Page) may be interested.

Offline wkb

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2015, 09:23:17 pm »
 :o Just back from a holiday in the UK, and passed Milton Keynes..  If only to satisfy my curiosity I would have loved to visit your
shack  ::)

Offline tggzzz

• Super Contributor
  • Numbers, not adjectives
    • Having fun doing more, with less
« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2015, 01:26:15 am »
I might be interested in some equipment, which I would either keep myself or would pass on to Bristol HackSpace.

My interests would principally be RF equipment, preferably small! You can see my current projects at https://entertaininghacks.wordpress.com One day I'd like to get back to building a 2GS/s scope, but currently I'm "repurposing" SDR dongles to do strange things. A scanning tunnelling microscope might be possible with another HackSpace member; we'll see if that happens.

Bristol HackSpace could take larger stuff and would benefit from a wider range of kit. They currently have PSUs, too many 20MHz scopes, a couple of 100MHz scopes, ICL8038-based function generators, solder/desolder/smd machines and some random other stuff. See http://bristol.hackspace.org.uk/wiki/doku.php/start

None would be immediately resold on ebay!
There are lies, damned lies, statistics - and ADC/DAC specs.
Glider pilot's aphorism: "there is no substitute for span". Retort: "There is a substitute: skill+imagination. But you can buy span".
Having fun doing more, with less

Offline FraserTopic starter

• Super Contributor
« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2015, 12:06:34 pm »
Thanks for all the messages guys. I have been somewhat buried with requests for kit.

To ensure everyone understands the situation.....

I have M.E and can only do around 4 hours 'Work' per day. I am having a massive sort out of all my hoarded equipment that I have collected over the last 3 decades or so.

I will need to sell some equipment in which I have significant investment but the rest will go to new homes for free or to the local dump electrical skip for recycling.

I cannot post items that are large and/or heavy as that is just too much hassle for me.

The sort out will take time due to my illness. This is why I suggested local interest only as it would be simple for someone to pop by and collect any items of interest. I need to dispose of bulky equipment as and when uncovered in order to make space. I will not be building piles of unwanted kit as that does not release the space I need now.

I have people's details and will make contact with those with the ability to collect locally if and when some appropriate useful equipment becomes available. I note the comments on an MK maker space. That is another possibility.

The bottom line is that most equipment will be large and/or heavy as that is the priority for making space for other projects etc. if you hear from me then you have the option to collect in a reasonable time frame. If you hear nothing then I either had another recipient ahead of you or have not found what you are looking for.

I may place any items that owe me significant money on the buy sell section and will be willing to ship these.

I cannot answer all messages as there are just too many coming in at the moment.

Thanks for understanding

Fraser
« Last Edit: August 05, 2015, 12:22:00 pm by Aurora »
If I have helped you please consider a donation : https://gofund.me/c86b0a2c

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf