Author Topic: SCAM WARNING wtc999good-sellers selling Uni-T meters cheap on eaby  (Read 26217 times)

Offline TheAmmoniacal

• Supporter
Re: SCAM WARNING wtc999good-sellers selling Uni-T meters cheap on eaby
« Reply #75 on: May 30, 2017, 12:22:07 pm »
If it's too good to be true, it usually is  :-DD

The tracking number of the Fluke 15B+ I ordered from wtc999good-sellers has simply been shipped to some random pickup locker in Finland http://www.posti.fi/private/tracking/#/lahetys/RF707865306CN?lang=en

And the seller quickly showed "This user is no longer registered on eBay." after the sale.

Got an immediate refund though, so no problem for me.

Offline killawhat

« Reply #76 on: May 31, 2017, 09:56:28 am »
Thought I'd chime in with my 2c worth. Seems Ebay fraudsters really go wild over the xmas period. I bought a whole heap of electronics components and general stuff I probably didn't need over the holidays while I was off. I reckon 50% of what was order either a) never arrived after 2 months, b) was missing items c) sent the wrong item d) sent faulty items. So I spent a couple of days sorting it out with refunds from ebay. I wasn't really out of pocket, except for the time spent sorting out and getting refunds. I had a whiteboard full of sellers I was owed money from, items being resent, dates contacted etc.

My 10 Commandments for Ebay are:
1) Obviously check the sellers feedback and don't get sucked in by their "Oh we're sorry for the inconvenience bullshit" - give 'em negative feedback if they're dodgey. It helps others when purchasing to avoid them like the plague.
2) Keep a list of sellers who actually send stuff and use them again! At least you know you'll get it. I also keep sellers that send good from overseas quickly (I've received stuff in 2 weeks)
3) Keep a list of dodgey sellers and report bad sellers. I don't mean the "It didn't arrive in 2 days, so I'll report them" or "I paid $1 and the quality was shit" :rant:. Overseas takes between 2-4 weeks normally and sometimes 5-6 weeks. Some sellers will give a delivery date at around 2months - watch these and definitely file a complaint before the 2 months & NEGATIVE FEEDBACK.
4) MAKE SURE YOU LODGE A RETURN BEFORE 60 DAYS are up, and give negative feedback if you have issues as you only have 60 days for feedback before you can't. But you can do returns I think up to 3 months?? I generally give the seller the benefit of the doubt and give them a chance first by messaging them with the issue.. If after 48 hours I don't get a reply or they're just stuffing around, open a return request. That'll get em off their arse generally. Most sellers will want to make it right because they don't want negative feedback.
5) Chinese Ebay sellers will invariably try the we'll give 1/2 back - stuff 'em - ask for a full refund if it doesn't arrive, is faulty or isn't what you ordered. Ebay will generally back you up :box: with a refund.
6) Mistakes happen and sometimes you'll receive stuff that you didn't order, but could be handy on other projects. Ask for a full refund or you''ll send it back. It costs more for them, but you can end up with cheaper goods (you may not need it now but may come in handy), even if you pay half. Keep a mental note if you've used the seller before and you keep getting the wrong goods.
7) Don't necessarily buy from the cheapest! I'd pay a little more if it's a buyer I've bought from before. You sometimes get discounts if you buy quantities of items.
8) Sometimes you get faulty gear. Assess it, if it can be fixed - they don't need to know that. Still ask for a full refund! Serves them right for sending faulty stuff.
9) You may notice that several Ebay account names go to the same email on Paypal. Keep a note of these, because sometimes you'll notice a pattern with goods not being received, takes way too long, or are always faulty from one email account.
10) MAKE SURE YOU READ THE LISTING CAREFULLY. It wouldn't be the first time I missed something that it didn't have screws, had wrong code to description, was a components kit not a module etc.

I'll give you a heads up too from one of the Paypal accounts I've personally had issues with - It comes up with HONG KONG YEE CHEN, there's several ebay user accounts that are linked to it (I've bought from 5 of them). Generally, they don't sent items. If they do, they're either really crappy and don't work or it's the wrong item. I think when they don't turn up, they're probably out of stock - but they don't tell you this. Just the general reply of "Sorry, it might be in post. We do better next time. Don't leave negative feedback  :blah:" spiel. Some items did turn up - after 4 months :wtf: Ebay had already refunded the money and rightly so.

Hope this helps

Pete
Why buy it when you can build it?

Offline Jwalling

• Supporter
  • This is work?
« Reply #77 on: May 31, 2017, 10:33:59 am »
Another $10 power supply?, this seller seems to have great feedback

...and a Asian market Fluke 107 for $9.99?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Fluke107-KCH12-SOFT-CASE-Palm-sized-portable-handheld-Digital-Multimeter-F107-/322518578109

What could possibly go wrong? I'm in at the limit (only one per 10 days).

Just bought one (or something/nothing) myself.

My Fluke 107 (or whatever it was) ended up delivered to Allen Texas. About 1700 miles from me as the crow flies.  :-DD
Jay

System error. Strike any user to continue.

Offline bitseeker

• Super Contributor
  • Lots of engineer-tweakable parts inside!
« Reply #78 on: May 31, 2017, 03:28:30 pm »
Interesting. So, the shippers get some postage revenue out of the shenanigans.
TEA is the way. | TEA Time channel

Offline Nusa

• Super Contributor
« Reply #79 on: May 31, 2017, 04:09:16 pm »
Interesting. So, the shippers get some postage revenue out of the shenanigans.

In most cases no, since they offered free shipping with the sale. The main thing they get by handing out tracking numbers, even if they're from other unrelated shipments, is the appearance that the product was shipped, which keeps complaints to ebay at bay while they move any revenue out of reach...paypal accts, official bank accounts, whatever.

Offline bitseeker

• Super Contributor
« Reply #80 on: May 31, 2017, 04:29:29 pm »
Offering free shipping is a function of the seller, rather than the shipper (China Post, USPS, etc.; someone still pays for the postage). However, as you said, the tracking numbers are likely from other unrelated shipments in which case there isn't any new postage revenue.

Offline CJay

• Super Contributor
« Reply #81 on: May 31, 2017, 06:04:39 pm »
It occurred to me that it was a tracking scam and they'd sent something dirt cheap to everyone (empty jiffy bag)  or had just sent one tracking number to everyone and there were x number of buyers all tracking the same parcel?

I guess if you sold enough scam meters you could even afford to send a genuine one to one buyer

Offline whitevamp

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #82 on: May 31, 2017, 06:34:06 pm »
the FLUKE 15B+  i ordered was delivered to BROOKLYN, NY about 2500 mils away, from me.  :-DD
the FLUKE 101 i ordered was delivered to CAMP PENDLETON about 1000 miles away, a bit closer but still no cigar  :-DD

Offline Nusa

• Super Contributor
« Reply #83 on: May 31, 2017, 07:06:42 pm »
I assume ebay is smart enough to alert themselves if the same tracking number is used on multiple sales to different customer addresses. Which suggests the tracking numbers are duplicates from a non-ebay source, such as an Aliexpress store.

Offline whitevamp

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #84 on: May 31, 2017, 08:39:23 pm »
this one is kinda fishie wtc999good-sellers is listed as having one follower 32kz354 and you click on that user 32kz354 and they have one follower wtc999good-sellers.
same person.... well maby.
would be funny if they are one in the same.  :-DD

Offline bitseeker

• Super Contributor
« Reply #85 on: June 01, 2017, 10:48:47 pm »
Yes, much fishiness to be found in the sea that is eBay. (Ha!)

Offline P90

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #86 on: June 02, 2017, 12:46:30 am »
Yes, much fishiness to be found in the sea that is eBay. (Ha!)

more like an ocean full of diarrhea...   

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf