Author Topic: Seek full Manual - EDC DC millivolt calibrator E100C  (Read 9395 times)

Offline bingo600Topic starter

• Super Contributor
Seek full Manual - EDC DC millivolt calibrator E100C
« on: March 17, 2013, 07:30:42 pm »
Guyzz

I just bought a EDC DC millivolt calibrator E100C , is $215  a fair price ?

I think it's the same as the Kron-Hite E100RC.

The KronHite-Manual says it  stops after section3 (and $$ for the full manual)  , the other has to section 4.

So i was wondering anyone has the full manual for either the KH E100Ror even better the EDC E100C

/Bingo

« Last Edit: March 18, 2013, 08:27:45 pm by bingo600 »

• Super Contributor
Re: Seek full Manual - EDC DC millivolt calibrator E100C
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2013, 08:27:25 pm »

Following a tip i got on the volt-nuts list
I emailed Kron-Hite service , asking if it would be possible to get a copy of the service manual.

And i just got a very plesant response from their Service Department Manager ,
with the complete E100C service manual attached ,  and a best of luck with the restoration project.

Rumours are that the electrolyte caps needs changing , and the dials needs a good cleaning and lubrication.

I just love when the companies are willing to support their old products and us hobbyists.
This imho puts Krohn-Hite "on par" with HP.

Thumbs up Krohn-Hite , and thank you for the excellent service.  :-+ :-+

/Bingo

Offline Amarbir[Lynx-India]

• Frequent Contributor
  • Indian Dealer
    • Lynx-India - Visit Us For Not So Boring Electronic Instruments
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2013, 09:19:56 pm »

I emailed Kron-Hite service , asking if it would be possible to get a copy of the service manual.

with the complete E100C service manual attached ,  and a best of luck with the restoration project.

Rumours are that the electrolyte caps needs changing , and the dials needs a good cleaning and lubrication.

I just love when the companies are willing to support their old products and us hobbyists.

/Bingo

Hi ,
     Would Love To find your comments in a thread once you work on this and restore if needed  :-+
Regards

Amarbir Singh Dhillon [ Lynx-India ] , Chandigarh [ India ] - > www.lynxdealerstore.com , www.lynx-india.com
Indian Distributor For  [ Autoelectric , Sofitech , IDEOfy ,Peak Electronic Design [UK ] , Anatek And Creatronica ]
My Electronics Blog - > www.lynxchandigarh.com

• Super Contributor
« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2013, 07:16:56 pm »
I just got my unit.

Here are some initial pics attached as a zip archive.

I was adviced to change all the Electrolytes , and clean the contacts with caig DeoxIT

Cleaner
http://www.micro-tools.de/Kontaktreiniger-oxid/CAIG-DeoxIT-D5-Spray-142-g.html

Lubricant
http://www.playstereo.com/product_info.php?products_id=275&cPath=13&language=en

The contacts seems to need a good cleaning , and i was thinking of a toothbrush and some IPA for initial cleaning.
Then use the above caig cleaner , and finish by lub'ing with the caig lube.

Any hints to clean such switches are very welcome.

/Bingo

Offline eurofox

• Supporter
    • Music
« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2013, 09:39:38 pm »

/Bingo

Could you be so kind to share this manual (service manual)?
According the pictures it is the same PCB than the one I got.

Thanks in advance :)

eurofox
eurofox

• Super Contributor
« Reply #5 on: October 15, 2013, 05:04:31 pm »
Done

Offline Docholiday

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #6 on: August 25, 2015, 04:26:56 am »

/Bingo

Can you send me a copy of the service manual too.

Thanks,

Nick

Offline idpromnut

• Supporter
« Reply #7 on: August 25, 2015, 06:54:24 pm »
This is excellent!  Could I perhaps have a copy of said manual as well? I've re-capped my unit already, but it never hurts to have the details :D

Thanks!

Offline Docholiday

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #8 on: September 02, 2015, 03:33:38 am »
This is excellent!  Could I perhaps have a copy of said manual as well? I've re-capped my unit already, but it never hurts to have the details :D

Thanks!

Did you ever get a copy? if so, can you send me too?

Thanks

Offline jlmoon

• Supporter
  • If you fail the first time, keep trying!
« Reply #9 on: September 02, 2015, 08:50:59 pm »
Speaking of E100 calibrators,  does anyone have or know where to find the 100:1 precision voltage divider device within one of these?  I have a E100 that is in need. 

Recharged Volt-Nut

Offline Docholiday

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #10 on: September 02, 2015, 09:32:00 pm »
Speaking of E100 calibrators,  does anyone have or know where to find the 100:1 precision voltage divider device within one of these?  I have a E100 that is in need.

If no one replies contact their support direct. They are very responsive and more then willing to help even for these older devices. I was amazed in then help for my E100 as mine was the last EDC version before Kron-Hite took them over.

Offline jlmoon

• Supporter
« Reply #11 on: September 02, 2015, 09:57:52 pm »
Hey Doc,

I have already been down that path.  Apparently, they don't stock the part anymore. 
I figure I am not the only one who has the Pre 100C model (think it is a E100A not sure).  I have considered contacting Precision Resistor Company (PRC) to see if they can build one, but a 1 off copy might not be cost effective.

Thank you,

JLM

Recharged Volt-Nut

Offline Vgkid

• Super Contributor
« Reply #12 on: September 02, 2015, 10:00:33 pm »
Try pm'ing E.G. Pettis on here, for a quote on a custom resistor.
If you own any North Hills Electronics gear, message me. L&N Fan

Offline Docholiday

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #13 on: September 02, 2015, 10:22:56 pm »
Hey Doc,

I have already been down that path.  Apparently, they don't stock the part anymore. 
I figure I am not the only one who has the Pre 100C model (think it is a E100A not sure).  I have considered contacting Precision Resistor Company (PRC) to see if they can build one, but a 1 off copy might not be cost effective.

Thank you,

JLM

Sorry, I have not recieved mine yet as it should arrive within a week. Bought from ebay for 150 dollars. Where in the schematic is it? When you contact PRC let me know what the cost is and Will share cost with you to one or two for myself.

Offline jlmoon

• Supporter
« Reply #14 on: September 05, 2015, 03:31:09 am »
Hey Doc,

Thank you,

JLM

Sorry, I have not recieved mine yet as it should arrive within a week. Bought from ebay for 150 dollars. Where in the schematic is it? When you contact PRC let me know what the cost is and Will share cost with you to one or two for myself.

Hello Doc,

Working with the service manual I have which is the E100-RC version (might not be exact, guess I need one of the early copies as well) It is listed as Part Number "PRE054".  According to Krohn Hite, it is a preselected part (PRE-fix) so I am not sure what the various (tol, tempco, etc) parameters should be.  The schematic I have lists the part as a A-3600 and the location designation is R48. 
I will continue to dig around and get more data as time permits.

Thank you,

Jon
Recharged Volt-Nut

Offline Docholiday

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #15 on: September 05, 2015, 09:31:36 am »
Hey Doc,

Thank you,

JLM

Hello Doc,

Working with the service manual I have which is the E100-RC version (might not be exact, guess I need one of the early copies as well) It is listed as Part Number "PRE054".  According to Krohn Hite, it is a preselected part (PRE-fix) so I am not sure what the various (tol, tempco, etc) parameters should be.  The schematic I have lists the part as a A-3600 and the location designation is R48. 
I will continue to dig around and get more data as time permits.

Thank you,

Jon

I have not received my E100 yet until this Friday but is part the "Divider 20 ohm" ? The E100 shipped to me is supposed to be 100 per cent operational in spec as well. Perhaps taking some measurements would help you? And I too contact Kron requesting the same info/solution might also help too.

Nicholas

Offline Docholiday

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #16 on: September 12, 2015, 03:03:52 am »
Jon,

How are you coming along with youyr EDC?

Offline JP16A60

• Supporter
  • Oh freddled gruntbuggly
    • LinkedIn
« Reply #17 on: July 04, 2016, 12:02:42 am »

Thanks!

Did you ever get a copy? if so, can you send me too?

Thanks

Seems like this is (and will continue to be) a regular request--if anyone has a complete (i.e., user+service portions) manual for EDC/K-H E100C and/or E100RC voltage references, I'd be glad to host those manuals on one of my web sites for all to download.

As it happens, I also am in need of one of these manuals.

JP
IT Guy
Tektronix TM500 Geek
Slide Rule Nerd

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf