Author Topic: Shopping the TI eStore. Why do TI break a multiple item order into several pkgs?  (Read 4027 times)

Offline wilfredTopic starter

• Super Contributor
« Last Edit: August 22, 2018, 02:58:14 am by wilfred »

Offline Jeff_Birt

• Regular Contributor
I have complained about similar silliness to Mouser. I ordered 5 small enclosures and a handful of components and they shipped each enclosure separately. On another occasion they shipped the same type of enclosures with a 20 pound spool of cable! There is no sense to what they do.

Offline neslekkim

• Super Contributor
Same happens here, since they are shipped the same day, I get them at the same time though, so it's not so big problem for me.

But, if you order several of one type, you get those in the same bag/package, so I guess it's due to logistics etc. Also seen that they are sendt from atleast two different places in TX, and sometimes they are sent from Europe somewhere.

Offline neslekkim

• Super Contributor
Yeah, it's kinda ridiculous how they handle the payments, they reserve the total amount, and then take small amount, thus not beeing able to take the rest later, I think I paid three times on the last order.
Now i see that there is $0.01 and $0.02 balance due on two orders, yay!

But the ccs licenses, you'll get those in email, I got three like that just now..

Offline Towger

• Super Contributor
Quote from: wilfred link=topic=74488.msg1032833#msg103
Has anyone making a multiple item order using a credit card had similar problems in recent weeks?
[/quote

Yes and yes.

A week or so ago I ordered prob the same bundled kits and then separately the Bluetooth booster pack (all by 2) a few mins later.

The full amounts of both orders were debited and re credited to the credit card, twice.

The joystick/screen/IO kit were delivered to work on Wednesday and debited individually from the card.  last time I logged on to TI it was looking for more money.  I have just arrived in Australia a few hours ago, so have to contact the office in Ireland to see it anything else has shown up. The other debits and credits appear to have fallen off the card.  I don't have password for TI at hand to check again.

In summary, their shops systems are FUBAR.

Offline Towger

• Super Contributor
In summary, their shops systems are FUBAR.

I have just re checked the credit card. As of a couple of minutes ago there are now 3 debts on the account, which look fully processed.  I have not double checked, but they appear to add up to the two orders.  I never got around to logging on to the TI shop to make the payment it was looking for.

Offline gmb42

• Frequent Contributor
It has been over a week now and I have received an email from TI saying that completing payment with a VISA card has worked. It still took 4 days for that to go through, so it may have been manually processed. I don't know. Or they have resolved their system failures and Paypal would also work too. Who knows.

I have 5 of the 6 item in 5 separate packages and 3 Fedex visits. Just one to go now.

It is amazing that a company the size of TI could have such system  problems. It must be a huge burden even if only a small percentage of orders have issues with payment approval.

Very odd and annoying for you, I've always paid with PayPal at the TI store and never had an issue, either this time or on previous orders, and the items are always delivered to the UK remarkably quickly.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf